#1 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

http://www.gamestop....d-edition/97604

PS3
http://www.gamestop....d-edition/97605

Noticed this dropped online to $59.99 FROM $79.99. Most likely it is this price in store as well. Since its OOS online, its still work checking to see if any local stores still have it for pickup if you are interested.

#2 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

From the site for those wondering.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 'Limited Edition' features the full compilation of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection including Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker, all in High-Definition for the first time ever in one offering. From the legendary development studio Kojima Productions, all games are completely re-mastered to showcase these epic titles with stunning HD graphics for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 within a specialized package created by series artist Yoji Shinkawa. In addition, the 'Limited Edition' will include a never before released 250 page premium art book showcasing the art of Metal Gear Solid.

In short: 250 page art book

#3 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Sonuva....I just opened the regular edition I got as a gift over the holidays. Fucking awesome find if anyone snags one. Nice job OP.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#4 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

I bought this for $79.99 in November for PS3. I know they have an extended return policy; but I imagine since I've opened it - and no other store around me has stock - that they don't do extend price guarantees, correct?

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#5 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

2 stores by me have the 360 version in stock. sold my ps3 one already but might get the 360 one at this price.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#6 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Nice catch, OP. Too bad no store within 100 miles of me has any left in stock!

I bought this for $79.99 in November for PS3. I know they have an extended return policy; but I imagine since I've opened it - and no other store around me has stock - that they don't do extend price guarantees, correct?

Yea, no price guarantees or price matching (in my experience). If you had been lucky enough to pick up another copy at this price, you could have done a return with your $79.99 receipt.

EDIT: I meant in the case where you've already opened up your copy of the LE.

Edited by ragingst0rm6, 01 January 2012 - 06:31 PM.

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#7 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

So I've got these in stock near me, and I was planning on picking up the MGS HD Collection anyway, but I'm wondering if this is worth the artbook. I'm not exactly a sucker for collector's editions, but this one seems to be pretty rare. Does anyone know what the resale value on this might be after I play it through? The GSs here in Puerto Rico don't open on sunday, so I've got time to mull it over lol but if you guys could give me an opinion, I'd be mighty grateful.

#8 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

You can ABSOLUTELY do a price adjustment. All they do is return it @ $79.99 and rebuy @ $59.99. I do this all the time. None of my local stores had the infamous 2 hero edition but I was still able to get it adjusted. As long as its within the RETURN DATES (which this is until Jan 14 or 15, cant remember the exact day) you are fine. I''m going right when they open.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#9 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Dang closest one to me is 3 hours away
Posted Image

#10 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#11 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

I have BOTH LE's. YEah I know. But I get everything MGS. Anyway. This series is made for a PS controller. It feels OFF using an Xbox controller. Also no pressure sensitive buttons on Xbox. The Triggers yes. But the other buttons NO. It makes the game hard to play as that pressure sensitive is very essential. Throwing grenades is a real issue as well.
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#12 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

You can ABSOLUTELY do a price adjustment. All they do is return it @ $79.99 and rebuy @ $59.99. I do this all the time. None of my local stores had the infamous 2 hero edition but I was still able to get it adjusted. As long as its within the RETURN DATES (which this is until Jan 14 or 15, cant remember the exact day) you are fine. I''m going right when they open.

You sure about that? I have a copy and even though my GS near me is pretty decent I've never heard of them doing that. Is this an official policy or really YMMV?

Even though it was purchased with some trade ins I'd love the 20 bucks, even if I was just going to turn around and spend it there.

#13 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Too bad for me I guess. The closest store is like 58 miles away.

#14 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.

It's more of a nostalgic thing, it has nothing to do with which platform is better (okay, maybe the controller, I said "maybe" because some people still like the Xbox controller better).

#15 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Just X360 copies around here but I might still go get it , was interested in the huge book

Thanks for the heads up OP

#16 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

I paid $28 for the regular edition (PS3) so I'm not concerned about the LE. Good luck finding a copy of this. Like others stated, two stores around me have the X360 LE in stock and not the PS3 version.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

so just to confirm the only extra is the artbook ? Is the case any different?

#18 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

so just to confirm the only extra is the artbook ? Is the case any different?

Yeah, its just the art book, though everything comes in a nice cardboard slip case as well.

#19 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

My closest store has one but its gutted for 360 and I already have a 360 copy. Decisions decisions.
EDIT: How long is Best Buy's return policy on sealed products? I'd buy this and return the game that comes with it to best buy. I bought the game at launch on 11/8/11 so I'm not sure if that's outside the return window for sealed products

#20 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hmm...I still have mine (PS3 version) from November still sealed. Dare I go and try a return and rebuy? I kind of want that extra $30, but don't want that shady feeling. Leaning towards not doing a rebuy.

Might get the Xbox 360 version of the limited edition just to be different and play/rebuy cheaper the PS3 non-limited edition.

Edit: off-topic...anyone else having technical problems? I keep getting logged out within a few minutes. Already know that after a certain amount of time you automatically get logged out, but this seems a lot shorter duration.

#21 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

The PS3 version is on one disc, and also features pressure sensitive buttons. On the PS2 versions, you could press the face button lightly to raise your gun, and press it all the way to fire. 360 works a little differently, though I'm not sure how they changed it.

Plus having MGS1 and MGS4 playable on PS3, so you have the whole collection on one system.

#22 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hmm...see that tons of Xbox360 version are out there, but no PS3 one. I own the PS3 version, but How does it play on the Xbox360? I wanna keep my PS3 version sealed, but hope the controls on the Xbox360 aren't clunky to play on.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#23 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Online it says they have one at my local GS, the one I usually go to right around the corner. I called and they say they don't have it. 'Doh!!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#24 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hmm...see that tons of Xbox360 version are out there, but no PS3 one. I own the PS3 version, but How does it play on the Xbox360? I wanna keep my PS3 version sealed, but hope the controls on the Xbox360 aren't clunky to play on.

I've already played through MGS2 on 360, the controls are fine.

#25 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Edit: off-topic...anyone else having technical problems? I keep getting logged out within a few minutes. Already know that after a certain amount of time you automatically get logged out, but this seems a lot shorter duration.

I bit the bullet and had it remember me on both of my PCs recently as I grew really fucking tired of being logged out after viewing, I don't know, two threads?

As for the pressure-sensitive buttons, I was never aware any buttons on a PS controller were pressure sensitive aside from the triggers. I really can't wrap my mind around that...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#26 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

says my store has in stock, but it's probably gutted...

#27 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

...because MGS is a Sony series. It doesn't belong on the 360.

#28 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Shut up fanboy. If it wasn't on 360, alot of people, myself included, wouldn't be able to play the games.

#29 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Last time I checked MGS is a Konami series.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#30 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Just returned no problem for the price adjustment. both of em
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween