Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 1/15-1/21 (Turtle Beach PX3 $100, LA Noire Complete and RDR GOTY $30)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

Well back again my CAG's right on schedule for Best Buy's ad.

Xbox 360 250Gb Kinect Bundle>>>>>$399.99

FREE Kinect Sports Season Two AND a Fitbit with purchase ($150 in savings)

12-Month Xbox Live Gold Card>>>>>$39.99

Keep in mind with this Best Buy always has a Save $20 on a 12-Month card with purchase of ANY Xbox 360. The sale price on the 12-Month card would double stack and would even work on the 250Gb Kinect package stated above. So potentially you can get a 250Gb Kinect system, Kinect Sports Season 2, Fitbit and 12-Months of XBL for ~$420.

Kinect Sensor>>>>>$129.99

$29.99 Games:
:360: Just Dance 3
:360: Dance Central 2
:360: Kinect Sports
:360: Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster

:360::ps3::wii: Wipeout 2
:360::ps3: Rage
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Edition
:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY

:360::ps3::wii: Lego Harry Potter Year 5-7
:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe

:360::ps3::wii::3ds::ds::psp: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean>>>>>$19.99

24" Playstation 3D Display>>>>>$299.99
PS3 Blu-ray Remote 2.0>>>>>$19.99
Turtle Beach PX3>>>>>$99.99

50% Extra Trade-in Credit When you Pre-order Final Fantasy XIII-2

Best Buy Exclusive Pre-order Bonus: Exclusive Hardcover Book linking the events of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2

MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#2 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Wish LA Noire GOTY can go down to $20 I missed the one day sale a few weeks back.

#3 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Wish LA Noire GOTY can go down to $20 I missed the one day sale a few weeks back.

Im just gonna settle for a used copy at Blockbuster for 5-6 and get the Rockstar Pass on sale hopefully on PSN.

#4 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

I would get the GOTY/Complete, everything is on one disk and you save a lot of hard drive space.

I just beat LA Noire Complete, awesome game.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#5 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing I would've picked up LAN that day along with Red Dead.

Not that I'd ever get to it.....Red Dead is phenomenial. Anyone on the fence about it, it's WELL worth the $30. Especially the GOTY edition.
Easily moved into my top 3 of all time....and I don't even LIKE Westerns!

#6 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Disney Universe is dropping quick. Ill be in at $15.

I already have both the rock star GOTY. I beat RDR, its very fun, I haven't even opened LA Noire yet.

#7 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'm not one to collect game stuff but that preorder bonus for xiii-2 might just persuade me to keep a preorder for once while doing a trade in.

#8 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

I would get the GOTY/Complete, everything is on one disk and you save a lot of hard drive space.

I just beat LA Noire Complete, awesome game.

Glad I ordered both when it was on sale. And also completed noire very recently again this time on sixty. Loved the game, story and characters and the whole setting in the 40s.

Btw, if you do want the regular and the rockstar pass, on sixty, you'll be missing one traffic case 'a consul car' which is ps3 downloadable exclusive. But if you buy the complete edition on sixty, you'll get that case On the disc. Also sixty version now comes on 4disc with a packaging like a some sort of special edition boxed set. While ps3 version comes in on one disc.

#9 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Only good thing about this sale for me is the reinforcement that I did a good thing grabbing la noire complete for 20$.

#10 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

man they're really tryin to push that 24" Sony 3D TV...too bad they don't just make a package including a PS3 for $400 or $450 with any PS3 game.

#11 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

I love the monitor. I've found more and more I don't utilize the 3D too much, (don't use it too much on our 55" plasma, either), but I still enjoy it as a fairly high end 1080p 240hz LED gaming monitor. $300 is pretty much a steal IMHO, but I do think bundling a console might help move 'em faster.

#12 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Dear god, 4 discs for one game? I'll never be able to go back to 'more than one disc for one game' after playing the PS3.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#13 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Is there a picture of the ff xiii book? Or at least details about how many pages are in it?

On a side note,is it really that bad changing a disc? I don't get what all the fuss is about.

#14 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

I really like multi-disk games...

#15 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

I really like multi-disk games...

I'm just asking what's the big deal? It's not like you have to keep switching them out,it's only a one time switch in my experience, unless there is a game like that then Incan understand.

#16 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

FYI: I don't know if this promo will still be going on when this sale hits or not, but a week or two ago they had a cardboard display with copies of GTA Complete/LA Noire Complete/RDR GOTY with a special offer with them.

The offer: Put $5 down on Max Payne 3, get $15 off the Complete/GOTY edition versions of the above games.

Again, I don't know if it's still going on in store or not, but if it is then you can get LANC or RDR GOTY for $15 after that promo and the sale price.;)

Link: http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#17 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

Awesome idea there. I will have to try that one if the promo is still running.

#18 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

FYI: I don't know if this promo will still be going on when this sale hits or not, but a week or two ago they had a cardboard display with copies of GTA Complete/LA Noire Complete/RDR GOTY with a special offer with them.

The offer: Put $5 down on Max Payne 3, get $15 off the Complete/GOTY edition versions of the above games.

Again, I don't know if it's still going on in store or not, but if it is then you can get LANC or RDR GOTY for $15 after that promo and the sale price.;)

Link: http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

I thought of this as well. I tried doing this at my store a couple of days ago and the Pre-order Max Payne 3 Rockstar Game deal is dead and will NOT stack with the sale price for next weeks sale.

#19 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Tempted to bite on Red Dead Redemption GOTY for $30 hmm... at least I have a week to think about it :lol:

thanks for the info :applause:

#20 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nice have a game I got for x-mas I already own, still in shrinkwrap and it's $50 so hoping I can get Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Disney Universe for 360 for a clean trade....u think they will do this and if wondering my mom said she bought it day after thanksgiving from best buy and that is sonic generations for 360....no receipt but should be fine to get the 2 above games for giving them back sonic which will be enough and all I will have to do is pay some tax....should work right?.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#21 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Red Dead Redemption GOTY is tempting at $30, but I might hold out for $20 with my backlog and all.

I still can't believe there isn't an expansion disc for LA Noire. I got the vanilla version on the PS3 in my backlog. I doubt there will ever be one with the Complete version already out. Guess I'll hold out for a sale on PSN or if this hits $20 or less in-stores.

Edit: That 12 month gold live deal of the week stacked with the Xbox 360 deal of the week seems like good idea. Wish I had about $500 to spend though! ($420 + state sales tax +me keeping the remaining amount of change =~$500). :-(

#22 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

MidnightMetal, any way you'd be able to post the dvd/blu-ray deals? Thanks either way.

#23 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Red Dead Redemption GOTY is tempting at $30, but I might hold out for $20 with my backlog and all.

I still can't believe there isn't an expansion disc for LA Noire. I got the vanilla version on the PS3 in my backlog. I doubt there will ever be one with the Complete version already out. Guess I'll hold out for a sale on PSN or if this hits $20 or less in-stores.

both of these had a $20 DOTD for both of these.

#24 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

I thought of this as well. I tried doing this at my store a couple of days ago and the Pre-order Max Payne 3 Rockstar Game deal is dead and will NOT stack with the sale price for next weeks sale.

The cardboard standee with the promotion listed on it is still up in my closest BB store, though the expiration date for the promo was indeed the 7th. However, if you have one of these in your local store and it's still up there next week you could still try to argue for the $15 off.

It doesn't hurt to try, right?;)

Posted Image

#25 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

The cardboard standee with the promotion listed on it is still up in my closest BB store, though the expiration date for the promo was indeed the 7th. However, if you have one of these in your local store and it's still up there next week you could still try to argue for the $15 off.

I believe there are state laws that say stores have to honor expired prices/promos if the signs are still up. GF got over big on JoAnn Fabrics with this.

#26 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hell yeah I'd argue it for sure! Just hope that it is still up when Sunday roles around.

#27 haloman

haloman

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm pissed i mised out on the Uncharted 3 for $30 deal they had on black friday.

haven't seen a deal that good on that game since :-(

#28 mdvayne1982

mdvayne1982

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Nice have a game I got for x-mas I already own, still in shrinkwrap and it's $50 so hoping I can get Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Disney Universe for 360 for a clean trade....u think they will do this and if wondering my mom said she bought it day after thanksgiving from best buy and that is sonic generations for 360....no receipt but should be fine to get the 2 above games for giving them back sonic which will be enough and all I will have to do is pay some tax....should work right?.

Problem is without having the receipt, they will give you the lowest sale price from the last 90 days, so when I brought in my copy of MW3, it still retails for $60 but they could only give me $50 for it, since they had it on sale at some point before then. Not sure if Sonic has gone on sale since release but I would not expect to get the full $50 back on it, especially if she bought it the day after Thanksgiving when they had tons of games on sale.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Problem is without having the receipt, they will give you the lowest sale price from the last 90 days, so when I brought in my copy of MW3, it still retails for $60 but they could only give me $50 for it, since they had it on sale at some point before then. Not sure if Sonic has gone on sale since release but I would not expect to get the full $50 back on it, especially if she bought it the day after Thanksgiving when they had tons of games on sale.

Sonic Generations was on sale for $39.99 soon after release and with an @Gamer coupon it came down to $29.99. So at most they may give them $40, but if they attempt to return it to BB it'll be a hassle and they may not even honor the return without a receipt and someone showing their ID.

If anything, I would recommend that whoever bought it go in and try to get them to print up a duplicate receipt. This can be done if they used their Reward Zone card or a credit card for the purchase.

Posted Image

#30 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

i might try and get ratchet and clank all 4 one used at BBY this week.

Its $30 used if i use the @gamer coupon.

Should i wait? I cannot help but feel it will plummet in price quickly