Photo
- - - - -

World of Warcraft Battle Chest + Wrath of the Lich King Expansion+1 month for $19.99

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 abler

abler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Seems like a good deal for peeps starting out since u also get a month of playtime for free. U have to choose Amazon as the seller obviously.

"For a limited time, buy "World of Warcraft," and get "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack" at no additional charge for a total of $19.95+FREE Super Saver Shipping.

To qualify, add both qualifying games, from the list below, to your cart. Discount will be reflected on the lower priced game."

Individual Links

World of Warcraft Battle Chest - $19.95 (Must Purchase)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack - Free

#2 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

This is actually a pretty solid deal. I already have the Battle Chest, but getting the Lich King expansion + 1 month sounds pretty good!

631840.png

#3 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

Sounds like a good deal but is it too late to get in on this game? I only played the 14 day trial

#4 zyk

zyk

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Great deal. Seems like its getting cheaper and cheaper now...

Nope, its never too late to start playing, Blizzard is still making expansions for it.

#5 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

Seem to be dead at Amazon, but still works at Gamestop
Posted Image

#6 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Must resist getting pulled back into WoW with this deal!!! Ugh!

#7 thePhildown

thePhildown

Oh, you didn't know?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

Seem to be dead at Amazon, but still works at Gamestop

Search under the more buying options tab and choose amazon as the seller. Add both to cart and the discount should be applied at the final checkout screen.

#8 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Wait, so do you get 2 months of gametime with this deal? Because the Battle Chest comes with 1 month already.

#9 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Very tempting. I've avoided playing mmos because I know I'd love them and get addicted.

Then who would play my insane console backlog? :-)

#10 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

So anyone know how long this will run for? I am downloading the free trial right now but it is 10.8 GB. Want to be sure my laptop can run it and I like it. I can play for a few months for less than $20.

#11 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Screw it I am taking the plunge...with SWTOR out it may be a great time to start WOW. I like Warcraft III so for $20 I will try this out. I will level some character to 20 using the free starter kit and then continue with the paid month. Maybe I won't play continuously but maybe every so often I will give it a whirl for the month.

#12 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Been wanting to try this, as I can't get SWTOR to work for me... Will have to think about it.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#13 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

I've been playing WoW since Open Beta and only taken maybe one or two month breaks before over the years. It was my first MMO too and I just love the game. You can't beat this deal.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#14 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I've been playing the free to play trial, and that says that it's World of Warcraft Catyclysm. If I jump on this deal, will I be able to carry my character over to the other expansions? Will I be able to manually select which expansion I want to play?

Edited by Sgt Barone, 11 January 2012 - 01:44 PM.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#15 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I've been playing the free to play trial, and that says that it's World of Warcraft Catyclysm. If I jump on this deal, will I be able to carry my character over to the other expansions? Will I be able to manually select which expansion I want to play?

Your character will be able to Level up to 80 but won't have access to the Cataclysm content which is Level 85,Dungeons,etc. The loading screens say Cataclysm because that is the current expansion. I'm sure you can find Cataclysm for a decent price somewhere though.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#16 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wait, so do you get 2 months of gametime with this deal? Because the Battle Chest comes with 1 month already.

To my understanding, no. The Battlechest comes with 1 month. The Lich King does not.

631840.png

#17 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

If anyone is reading this with a serious interest in starting WoW as an ongoing (more than 1-month) thing, be sure to solicit a referral from a fellow CAG. It won't mean all that much for you....but recruiting new players = free stuff (in-game mount, free game time) for ongoing players.

#18 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Crack is whack, crack is cheap.
Posted Image

#19 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Anyone interested in playing pm and let me know, so I can refer you and we can raf and level up faster. Been playing this game for far too long, happy to help a new person out with gold or anything.

#20 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Very addicting game. I played hardcore right until Wrath came out, sold that account, and was offered a new one by a friend and have been playing since. I have taken month breaks though, but even after telling myself I would never go back, I can't resist it. When you start playing it, it's fun, and then it gets even more fun but addicting. Worth getting it. With $15 a month, you are getting a lot of content also.

#21 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Grabbed one and it looks like it applied one of my $5 promo discounts as well! $15 for this is AMAZING! I've never played WoW before, but I'm pretty excited.
Posted Image

#22 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Been WOW free for almost 2 years now and dont regret it. For the 2 1/2 years I played the game I think i rallied up at least 70 days played over several characters. To compare this to my current love for Battlefield 3, I have only 3 days played and would surprise me if I put another 3 days into it. Thinking about all the gaming I have done over 20 years, It would surprise me if all the hours spent on all other games combined would equall the time I have put into WOW. In saying all that, it is a fantastic game that will give you endless amount of shit to do. I had to quit cuz there were so many console games that I really wanted to try and would never play them because of it. Glad I jumped back to consoles and not mindlessly farming the same dungeons day in and day out.

#23 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm glad there hasn't been a good deal on all the expansions because I quit back in TBC and thankfully have stayed away since. WoW is by far the most fun game I've ever played but I'm so glad I was able to finally get away from it for good. And btw that Mists of Pandaria expansion looks like a complete joke.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#24 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Been WOW free for almost 2 years now and dont regret it. For the 2 1/2 years I played the game I think i rallied up at least 70 days played over several characters. To compare this to my current love for Battlefield 3, I have only 3 days played and would surprise me if I put another 3 days into it. Thinking about all the gaming I have done over 20 years, It would surprise me if all the hours spent on all other games combined would equall the time I have put into WOW. In saying all that, it is a fantastic game that will give you endless amount of shit to do. I had to quit cuz there were so many console games that I really wanted to try and would never play them because of it. Glad I jumped back to consoles and not mindlessly farming the same dungeons day in and day out.

I'm a PS3 guy now and couldn't be happier. Just the fact that I don't have to rely on others and can jump in a game like Skyrim, have some fun then immediately turn it off if I have something to do or have plans is a great feeling. For anyone thinking about getting into WoW; it isn't a game for casual players where you can mess around here and there a few nights a week and get very far or keep up with the rest of the players. You have to dedicate large chunks of time on set days every week to raid if you want to play with competent and skilled people. If not you'll get stuck with some casual raiding guild that wipes like idiots left and right and you'll get aggravated with the game real quick.

I feel like there should be a WoW support group lol. I'm Lucky13 and I've been WoW free for 4 years.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#25 Tonner Cyn

Tonner Cyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm tempted to pick this up just to try to get into the Diablo III beta. I'm hoping that isn't too far down the road though so I am going to do my best to resist. Only 20 bucks though....

#26 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I would recommend to anybody who hasn't tried WoW to give it a shot.

$20 for something i spent over $100 is a good deal.

its a great game and i have a lot of fond memories playing it, but like other people have said it ends up being like a job, because you have to dedicate time to the game to keep up with other people in your server/guild.

Been Wow-free for 3 years

#27 kannofan

kannofan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

I just tried to do this and Lich King isn't showing up for free...too bad. Good deal otherwise.

#28 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just tried to do this and Lich King isn't showing up for free...too bad. Good deal otherwise.

On the right side of the screen, select the one sold by Amazon. On the "confirm order" screen, it will show that Lich King is free.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#29 kannofan

kannofan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

Apparently I'm a retard. Thanks a ton!

#30 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

I bought this but now I am scared to even try it...I have like a 130 game backlog...WTF am I buying an MMO for?