Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#1 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Surprised no one has posted this yet. Taco Bell and Sony are giving away a PS Vita every 15 minutes from January 26th through March 11th. My math tells me that's something like 4320 4416 giveaways.

VIA http://blog.us.plays...o-bell-ps-vita/

This sounds very similar to the Burger King Xbox Kinect giveaway about a year ago, so we can only hope there's some kind of free code method like that one had.

Here is the description from the Playstation blog on the 3 ways to win:

UNLOCK THE BOX: Beginning January 26th, Taco Bell’s specially marked $5 Buck Box – which includes a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Crunchy Taco, Burrito Supreme and medium fountain drink – will also provide a code that can be entered online for an instant chance to “unlock” and win a PS Vita.

BATTLE: Download Taco Bell’s new mobile app to check out the exclusively designed Reality Fighters Dojo game where you can “battle” your friends to win a PS Vita.

BOAST: Taco Bell’s online contest will encourage you to submit a photo or video “boasting” about what you’re willing to do for a PS Vita. Submissions will then go into an online gallery where you and your peers can vote for the winners – it could be you!

I'll convert this over to wiki mode if we start finding free codes.

Contest is now live:

Main Site: http://unlock.tacobell.com/

iOS App - http://itunes.apple.....7361?ls=1&mt=8

Android App - https://market.andro....tacobell&hl=en

------------------------------------

There doesn't appear to be any freebies (unless you mail for free codes in March) or any ways to enhance your odds besides collecting votes on Boast pictures.

Update: Since this turned into primarily a referral thread, I've wikified it so you guys can duke it out. Have at it.

Edited by FadeToOne, 08 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.
Expanded information

FadeToOne.png

#2 JDTAY

JDTAY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Just saw this on another forum. I'm probably gonna go ahead and just buy my Vita since the prize games aren't the ones that interest me most, and I want a bigger memory stick than 4GB. I do like Taco Bell though, so I may give it one or two tries anyway.
Posted Image

#3 The1llusiveMan

The1llusiveMan

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Just read this and was hoping to see a post on it here.

And I'm hoping even more that its something I could play daily without buying more than 2 or 3 of those boxes. I'm not big on taco bell.

If its anything like Subways contests, I'll be good :-)

ebvp.jpg

#4 fullmetal

fullmetal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

Thanks OP, this gives me yet another excuse to go to Taco Bell.

Although, I wish it wasn't restricted to this 5 Buck Box, since I prefer some of their other menu items.

#5 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Not worth it. I'd rather pay double the price for a Vita than subject myself to that torture.

#6 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Nice! I love Taco Bell and this $5 box thing is a pretty great deal. I doubt I'd go more than twice though.
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image

#7 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Nice, looking forward to it.

Although, I wish it wasn't restricted to this 5 Buck Box, since I prefer some of their other menu items.

Same here. Gotta love their 99 cent burritos. :D

#8 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Surprised no one has posted this yet. Taco Bell and Sony are giving away a PS Vita every 15 minutes from January 26th through March 11th. My math tells me that's something like 4320 giveaways.

It's actually 4416. February has 29 days this year.

#9 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

It's actually 4416. February has 29 days this year.

That actually wasn't my error... I counted the January portion as 5 days for some reason.
FadeToOne.png

#10 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

There's three ways to win.
Game pieces, a mobile phone app, and some video contest.

#11 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

cool, I will def participate in this. I love Taco Bell and that 5 buck box has some solid food in it.

SteamWidget.PNG

#12 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

cool, I will def participate in this. I love Taco Bell and that 5 buck box has some solid food in it.

and it comes out runny which will give people plenty of time to play with their vita on the shitter.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#13 CBas92

CBas92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

Well taco bell usually makes me sick to my stomach but I'll subject myself to that torture for a chance at a vita. Anyway I figured there wasnt a thread since the 1/26 is a long ways away.

#14 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Never tried the box and the giveaway sounds decent. (people are less able to cheat)
Really didnt like the Burger king giveaway as literally the same people would spam codes, create multiple accounts and win every single console so people that actually went to burger king were the biggest losers.

#15 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

What interested me about that PS blog post was one of the free games is LBP Vita which hasn't had a release date announced yet to my knowledge.

#16 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'll just be honing my skills with the app. I've managed to reach the top 1% on some iPhone games so I may have a chance to win.

#17 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well taco bell usually makes me sick to my stomach but I'll subject myself to that torture for a chance at a vita.

Posted Image

#18 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

There's three ways to win.
Game pieces, a mobile phone app, and some video contest.

WHere is the mobile app? Or is it not out yet?

#19 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Starts the 26th. I bet it'll be up in two weeks. Calm down.

#20 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

Yea I'll gamble a 5 dollar crappy burrito for a chance at a vita :D

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

Fake Giveaway Report of the Month -
https://twitter.com/JBrunzGaming - "Won" a new copy of Destiny on 9/9 Stream. Still nothing. Nana. Zip.  Beware!  Stay tuned for next Victim!

#21 venomscarnage

venomscarnage

Browncoat for life!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

I happened to be one of the lucky winners to win the Burger King Kinect contest. Here's hoping I can get my hands on a Vita now!
Wanna win some great stuff! Head over to the official Metallman's Reverie Contest Thread
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340285

I also co-host the Get a Life Video Game Podcast which is also at Metallman's Reverie

Posted Image

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

This is perfect. Taco Bell is my #1 choice when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

This is perfect. Taco Bell is my #1 choice when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine.

I can't tell if you're serious. My guess is no.

#24 Gram

Gram

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

i happened to be one of the lucky winners to win the burger king kinect contest. Here's hoping i can get my hands on a vita now!

greedy.
Posted Image

#25 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I happened to be one of the lucky winners to win the Burger King Kinect contest. Here's hoping I can get my hands on a Vita now!

A bunch of us were. That's why I'm hoping this works out similar with some free codes or something.
FadeToOne.png

#26 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hope this works out!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#27 Smokingpistol

Smokingpistol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

Anyone able to tell if this will be going on in canada yet? Im guessing not but just checking to make sure

#28 Superttman

Superttman

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Anyone able to tell if this will be going on in canada yet? Im guessing not but just checking to make sure

I hope it is in Canada, would loves to win a Vita. Does anyone know if the Kinect/Burger King promo was in Canada aswell?

#29 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

The BK contest did not include Canada and this will not include Canada either. Unfortunately for you folks up north, licensing issues tend to make it difficult to extend contests/sweepstakes beyond our borders.

Also, the "3 ways to win" is a bit misleading. As all should know by now, these types of promotions have to include a way to participate without purchasing a product. So, if you're like me and can't stand the thought of paying a ridiculous amount of money for their disgusting food, all you have to do is send in SASE's or text messages and they'll send you codes.

#30 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

The BK contest did not include Canada and this will not include Canada either. Unfortunately for you folks up north, licensing issues tend to make it difficult to extend contests/sweepstakes beyond our borders.

Also, the "3 ways to win" is a bit misleading. As all should know by now, these types of promotions have to include a way to participate without purchasing a product. So, if you're like me and can't stand the thought of paying a ridiculous amount of money for their disgusting food, all you have to do is send in SASE's or text messages and they'll send you codes.

Dude, you may not like their food, but $5 is a pretty good deal for what you're getting. Especially at a fast food joint that does a good job at filling you up.
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image