White Knight Chronicles 2 $30 new/$27 used at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

Yeah New Egg has had it on 2 seperate occasions for $28 but they can't keep in stock at that price so here's one that's more stable at $30. Also you could PM this at Best Buy or maybe Walmart if they still have the game, or if you're needing something to spend GS credit on. For those that don't know, you get both WKC games on the disc.

http://www.gamestop....nicles-ii/90845

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#2 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

thanks op. gonna pm this at best buy and use gc/rz certs.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

Anyone know if the first game on this gives you trophies?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Anyone know if the first game on this gives you trophies?

It doesn't

#5 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

the first game does give you trophies if you earn them for wkc2. you play first game optionally tho, but you can earn trophies for it.

n thanx, im bout to flip acr for $30 @ gamestop by the 14th, but i didnt know what to spend it on. ill pick this up.

Edited by Velo214, 13 January 2012 - 05:07 AM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

the first game does give you trophies if you earn them for wkc2. you play first game optionally tho, but you can earn trophies for it.

Can you elaborate on that please? It makes no sense to me...

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

yeah, im chilln and it sounds weird too, lol.
wkc1 and wkc2 have seperate trophy lists. you cant get any trophies for wkc1 trophy list in wkc2.
wkc2 contains both games but you will only earn trophies for wkc2 trophy list even if you choose to play wkc1 on the wkc2 disk.... is that better? sorry bro

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#8 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

So basically it's this.

-WKC has it's own trophy list
-WKC2 has it's own trophy list
-WKC2 has WKC on its disc
-If you play WKC from the WKC2 disc you won't get trophies for WKC, but if you meet an objective for a WKC2 trophy you'll get that one.

Is that accurate? Also, let's say you never played WKC before, does WKC2 add the WKC trophy list to your history even though you'll never unlock trophies for that list?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#9 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

I'm sure its only the WKC2 trophy list, and you can only get the WKC2 trophies from 2 (Seeing how much they revamped it compared to the first)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

Pretty weird how they would add trophies to it but you can't earn them.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#11 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Dunno, its not like its out of their ability to have multiple trophy sets on one disc. Maybe they had to rush it out or something.

Either way, the trophies for WKC1 take FOREVER (The only person i knew who plat'd it took about 800 hours). Doubt many of the trophies would be easily attainable now that 2 is out and there arent many reasons to still play 1 aside for the story.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

nope, doesn't add wkc trophy list at all. wkc is optional in part 2, but they revamped it with the 'better' battle system wkc2 uses, so if you never played it, ya know. and there are some easy trophies like have x amount of currency, and if you play wkc2's version of wkc1 or go straight into wkc2 you will earn that trophy for the wkc2 list. yeps

and yeah it's like a minimum of 500 hours plat. i havent done it at all

http://www.ps3trophi...de-roadmap.html

http://www.ps3trophi...e-road-map.html

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#13 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

I would recommend the series and a good price for it.

I have platinum'd both games (WKC1 took me 370 hours and WKC2 took me 320 hours). The battle system is very much improved from the previous one which makes battles flow a lot better. If you are going for the story it is pretty average, but I enjoyed it as it does have some good plot twists. Online is active for the most part and with guilds added and D3 bringing out new quests from time to time it gives good reason to play once in awhile even with the platinum done.

If you are going for the trophies though I will say be ready for a grind. Lots of gear and items to make and it will taste your patience with item drops, but nothing I found to bad. I will say though both platinums are probably my most satisfying ones.

RPGHope18.png

#14 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

This might be worth a price match to Best Buy... Especially since you get exclusive DLC I think.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#15 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

I had rented a copy of the original to see if I would like it or not; will that save file work or do I have to start from scratch?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#16 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Sold Out Online

sixteenvolt420.png

#17 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Available in-store though at numerous locations.

42869.png

#18 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

I had rented a copy of the original to see if I would like it or not; will that save file work or do I have to start from scratch?

The only way to import WKC1 data to WKC2 is to have cleared data from it (Went and checked this morning). If anything the new battle system will let you get to that same spot pretty quick.

RPGHope18.png

#19 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thanks, been wanting to get this for $30. Traded in Zelda 2 days ago for $32 just sittin' there.

Bought the first clearanced at Target for about $14.98 or whatever. Played an hour, traded it in for about $12 after I heard it would be included on the 2nd game disc. Glad to hear it sounds like the battle system really was improved. I have no use for trophies or online but $30 for 2 games still seems worth it for me.

#20 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I noticed walmart has it for $30 also (instore) grabbed myself a copy today with some holiday gift cards.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#21 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Is it still $30 instore at WM? Wanted to get it there last month but no WM in STL that I'm near have it and the one at my parents place in southern IL didn't have it either.

42869.png

#22 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Is it still $30 instore at WM? Wanted to get it there last month but no WM in STL that I'm near have it and the one at my parents place in southern IL didn't have it either.

It was still at the store I was at this morning. Though I know a lot of times WM's prices can be a big YMMV. In this case it was tagged at $30. No sale tags or anything like that, so I'm sure its safe to say this is everywhere. Also being that GS and WM have it for $30 it could be the new MSRP.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#23 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

But BB and Amazon still have it at full price and GS just lists it as a sale on their website and not a price drop. Any who this may be the time to buy as I can't find it at BB anymore, never found it at WM, and Target/TRU/KMart didn't carry it.

And thanks RPGHope18 for answering my question [come say hi to us in the STL thread in the regional forum! :) ] That means I've lost 5 hours of progress but not a huge deal I guess.

42869.png

#24 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

And thanks RPGHope18 for answering my question [come say hi to us in the STL thread in the regional forum! :) ] That means I've lost 5 hours of progress but not a huge deal I guess.

I have posted in there before. Heck, I'm on the previous page of posts. :rofl:

But yea, I know just about everything about this game with both platinums under my belt, so if people have questions you can ask. 5 hours will be easy to get back where you were.

RPGHope18.png

#25 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

I have posted in there before. Heck, I'm on the previous page of posts. :rofl:

But yea, I know just about everything about this game with both platinums under my belt, so if people have questions you can ask. 5 hours will be easy to get back where you were.

I just added you as a friend. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I have any questions. Thanks

87688.png

#26 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

For any of you planning on picking the game up used, be aware this is one of Sony online pass games(the first WKC was not) The online code costs 10.00 on PSN if it has been redeemed from the package. The game prompts you pretty early in the story mode to try out Geonet and redeem the code, so chances that a used copy will have an unredeemed code are pretty slim.

#27 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

I would recommend the series and a good price for it.

I have platinum'd both games (WKC1 took me 370 hours and WKC2 took me 320 hours). The battle system is very much improved from the previous one which makes battles flow a lot better. If you are going for the story it is pretty average, but I enjoyed it as it does have some good plot twists. Online is active for the most part and with guilds added and D3 bringing out new quests from time to time it gives good reason to play once in awhile even with the platinum done.

If you are going for the trophies though I will say be ready for a grind. Lots of gear and items to make and it will taste your patience with item drops, but nothing I found to bad. I will say though both platinums are probably my most satisfying ones.

Only 370!
I have about 500 into WKC1 and just hit GR12 so still need the final binding and gold trophies.
How'd you do it so quick.

#28 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Only 370!
I have about 500 into WKC1 and just hit GR12 so still need the final binding and gold trophies.
How'd you do it so quick.

I had people I met online that would help with quests since they were trying to get items and get ready for WKC2. I ran a lot of Big Red and did most of my stuff in only GR11 gear (was spear). Binding was probably the most difficult in WKC1.

I used a binding guide on GameFAQS and just saved up mats and crossed them off as I got what I needed. My trick to making WKC2 easier was I had saved all my bindings until the end of WKC1 then made a seperate save. So when I started WKC2, I had all my materials back so I didn't have to grind out all the items again for the next binding trophy.

RPGHope18.png

#29 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

I had people I met online that would help with quests since they were trying to get items and get ready for WKC2. I ran a lot of Big Red and did most of my stuff in only GR11 gear (was spear). Binding was probably the most difficult in WKC1.

I used a binding guide on GameFAQS and just saved up mats and crossed them off as I got what I needed. My trick to making WKC2 easier was I had saved all my bindings until the end of WKC1 then made a seperate save. So when I started WKC2, I had all my materials back so I didn't have to grind out all the items again for the next binding trophy.

I have a full group of guys I was playing WKC1 with every week or so, so we always ran quests together, only time I played solo was single player and some early Big Red then I was hooked on soloing Lost Children 3. We really didn't do Big Red much though (focused more on fun than trying to hurriedly gain GR points). Guess that's why. :lol:

#30 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Geez so wkc2 just throws you right onto the mix doesn't it? I am so fucking lost! Guess I should Go back play wkc1 again and get a refresher. (I didn't get very far the first time I played it since I hated the combat)