Assassin's Creed Revelations $29.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 zalep

zalep

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Nice :D

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B004YVOCYG

Edited by zalep, 21 January 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#2 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm going to guess a permanent price drop is in it's future. But none-the-less great deal. I need to get through Brotherhood still, but I've learned my lessons with AC games. See you at the inevitable $20 sale.

#3 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'm glad I locked in the TIV for $30 before the price drop..

I love this series but for some reason I found myself not wanting to grind out the complete experience with this game.. I really enjoyed brotherhood but this came off as a pretty shallow experience compared with that game..

This price is good and if you played the rest you still need to play this one..

Edited by kevgret, 21 January 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#4 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

you can still lock it in for $30.50 for the Xbox 360 version

go go go go

good price, i loved this and on PS3 got the first one :D

#5 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Any word if this is a late-breaking DOD - or just a PM?

Want it - but I'm waiting on some Amazon Trade in credit...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

I had $10 in promotional certificates and $30 in gift cards so ordered it and locked in a trade to convert the certificate into actual credit so I can use it on anything. Thanks for the post.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 batrick

batrick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

Just a pm I'd say

#8 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

Of course, that's my luck. Just bought it used for $38ish. O well.

#9 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

The trend with Ubisoft games continue.
----
Posted Image

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Game is two months old, this is a sale, even MW3 was $40 after it came out somewhere if I recall correctly. It being this low doesn't mean much IMO. I do admit ubisoft games do drop fast, but there is no need for any chicken littles.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Thanks, OP! I've been waiting for Amazon to hit this price.

#12 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!

#13 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Will keep my eyes on price-drops for this game...

#14 TarHeelTalent

TarHeelTalent

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Any other opinions on the price?

I just recently started the AC series and beat the first two now. Im going to start Brotherhood soon and then obviously would want to move to Revelations. Any ideas about how long this price will stick, if it is just a temporary sale or if its permanent and either way if you think that it will go down further in the next month or so?

#15 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Trades right back to them for $30.50
Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you.. stranger.

#16 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Too bad Best Buy wont price match it, and let us use the magazine coupon with it. I already own the game, but would've jumped on a second copy for a buddy of mine, if Best Buy price matched.

#17 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was at my local Game Stop last night and they also had it new for $29.99. Looks like a price drop.

#18 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

I was at my local Game Stop last night and they also had it new for $29.99. Looks like a price drop.

Technically, I believe they are calling it a price match to Gamestop. But $39.99 is in its future as the new MSRP.

#19 Midnighthawk

Midnighthawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

WTH no trade in for PS3 version? Man...

#20 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

That's a good price for this. I ended up getting it for $40 with the Wal Mart pricing glitch at launch (and I wanted the free PS3 copy of the first game anyway).

Sad thing is I own all the Assassin's Creed games because I spent a combine total of under $60 for all of it, but I haven't played one yet. Hopefully I will after Mass Effect 3.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#21 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Will wait for the $20 price point on this game. I liked AC2 but I couldn't get into Brotherhood as much.

AdmrlBalls.png

#22 yabber

yabber

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Still alive....permanent?

#23 buddynayr

buddynayr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

But why is Brotherhood still $35 on Amazon? I've played 1 and 2, but have been waiting for Brotherhood to reach $20. Maybe I've just been missing the sales...

#24 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

You missed out. Best buy did a $9.99 on brotherhood about a month ago. With 1 on ac:r and it price mistaked at Walmart on release, I picked them all up for about $60.

#25 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

But why is Brotherhood still $35 on Amazon? I've played 1 and 2, but have been waiting for Brotherhood to reach $20. Maybe I've just been missing the sales...

Yep you have been missing the sales, could have picked up for $9.99 on Bestbuy in November, it will probably become a greatest hits version soon though, so look for a more universal price drop then.

#26 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm waiting for the game to hit $20 too. Too much on my backlog anyways. Still working through all the Riddler stuff in Batman AC and got quite a number other games on X360 and PC during holidays. Heck I'm not even sure I'll bother to preorder ME3.

#27 buddynayr

buddynayr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I guess I should have been more specific: I'm looking for the 360 version; the Best Buy AC:B sale was only for the PS3 version I believe.

#28 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

you can still lock it in for $30.50 for the Xbox 360 version

go go go go

good price, i loved this and on PS3 got the first one :D

Thanks, just locked this in & NBA2k12 for a total of $49.50, exactly what I paid for them together. My backlog is big so by the time I rebuy them I'll get them for like $20 together:D
Posted Image

#29 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Game is two months old, this is a sale, even MW3 was $40 after it came out somewhere if I recall correctly. It being this low doesn't mean much IMO. I do admit ubisoft games do drop fast, but there is no need for any chicken littles.

This game was $40 the week it came out already lol...
Posted Image

#30 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

And other games are $48 before they even come out. The price of a game means nothing in terms of quality or sales.

Great games can cost $10 while crappy games can cost $60, it all depends on the demand of the market. If the games sell extremely well but then sales die off they will lower the price of a game to increase sales. There are some exceptions to the rules, but they are very few and far between. Either those games are somewhat hard to find and slip through the cracks because they lack mass appeal. But if sales stay steady at $60 then the price remains. People who buy video games fall into two categories: those who buy it ASAP or those who wait for a price drop. It's better to sell 10 copies at $40 then 5 copies at $60.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List