85 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Deals expire at
11:59PM PT on Sunday, 1/22/2012

Currently Newegg is having a promotion for Twisted Metal (Playstation 3).
Use promo code
EMCYTZT1088
to lock in a special preorder price of $47.99.
http://www.newegg.co..._-79261241-L06B

Edited by Bosamba, 26 January 2012 - 03:21 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'll wait for this one to hit 15 blades at Gohastings with an unused online code.
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#3 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I read somewhere that this is still playing like a 'downloadable game' and that it should not be a $60 title.

I will pick it up when it hits ~$30.

#4 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Even though I still have my copy of TMB, I will get this just for a digital version of it.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#5 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

I never get into this game! I may bite it for $20 or less :)
"Evil is Funs"

#6 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Unless I overlooked it I did not see anything about it coming with Axle.
Posted Image

#7 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Managed to grab this at this price the first time around. Thanks for the up, though. I'm a huge TM fan, so I hope this will be great.

#8 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I read somewhere that this is still playing like a 'downloadable game' and that it should not be a $60 title.

I read somewhere that the above is a dumb post.

#9 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I actually bought a pS3 for this game...

Hope it isn't as bad as the others are saying!

#10 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I will pick it up when it hits ~$30.

Have you really not heard about Twisted Metal before?

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: CML (())
↓ 9Fzk84X.gif ↓
games @ WANT: DiRT 2 (will pay $30 PayPal or Amazon gc)  H: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)

#11 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

The trailer on newegg states you get Axel. The trailers I've seen on this game have been impressive. Looks like a ton of fun and you get Twisted Metal Black as a bonus. I may have to get in on this deal.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#12 gerst19

gerst19

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Was hoping they were going to offer the game for that price again. Just picked it up. Thanks OP.

#13 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Does shop runner do anything else for this?

#14 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Dang

Is Newegg going to be doing this with every new game pre-order (eventually), by dropping it to $48 for a limited time?

If so, I might just get all my Day 1 games for there.

#15 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Does shop runner do anything else for this?

Nope, I don't think shoprunner is valid for preorders. I also noticed shoprunner doesn't always use 2-day shipping btw. My last 2 orders via shoprunner were shipped by UPS ground lol. I guess they think it'll still get their in 2 days with ground, so they use the cheaper shipping option.. but in my experience it doesn't work out like that. Same with newegg's 3 day shipping, they use UPS ground for that which sometimes takes longer than 3 days.

Shop Runner may not be that useful on this item anyway, considering they don't always use 2 day shipping and you already get a free shipping option without it.

#16 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Have you really not heard about Twisted Metal before?

Yes, but the person was stating that the game plays like a McDonalds value meal and not a full price title.

#17 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yes, but the person was stating that the game plays like a McDonalds value meal and not a full price title.

You should probably believe him and not buy it.

#18 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'm in! Any chance of release day shipping?

I need a new signature.

#19 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm still torn on this, I do want the game but prefer to buy it under $30, but I do not wanna miss TM: Black. How long you think the free voucher code will last?

#20 Saintdante

Saintdante

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm still torn on this, I do want the game but prefer to buy it under $30, but I do not wanna miss TM: Black. How long you think the free voucher code will last?

The first run of the games.

#21 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

People say a lot of exaggerated things on the internet these days, and it's been happening a lot in this community lately as well.

Anyway, it's looking like too make people are going to avoid it, especially now that the online pass was forced despite the creator's wishes. $30 in a few months isn't an unrealistic expectation.

#22 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thinking of holding back, I still am a diehard TM1 fan, like TM2, but absolutely hated TMB. Something still tempting though.

#23 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Nice! I meant to pre-order this a few weeks back but I forgot. Glad it came back. Not sure I'll be able to put much time into it because of the Vita coming out a week later, but I wanted to get it for TM:B.

#24 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'll eventually get this game, but I too will probably wait for the $30 or under price tag like others have mentioned. I've got a backlog to keep the PS3 warm in the meantime...

AdmrlBalls.png

#25 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

However I won't be shock if the TWB code is no longer available once the game hit $30

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#26 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

I wouldn't expect this to be under 30 for quite a while. This isn't an UBIsoft game we're dealing with here. I'm really surprised people are jumping on first-gen release of a $300 dollar hand-held system. Vita doesn't even have any internal memory and a 32Gb card is freakishly priced at 100 bucks..WOW! So 400 bucks for a hand-held and you still have no games to play on it....unreal. Throw in a couple of games and you are around the $500 mark. I guess you could go cheap and get the $250 system......what a bargain. lol

#27 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

How do these preorders work? Do they put a hold on your debit card for the amount or only take the money out when the game is released?

#28 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

How do these preorders work? Do they put a hold on your debit card for the amount or only take the money out when the game is released?

I've pre-ordered a few things from Newegg and they only take the money once the item releases. The only bad thing is that they don't seem to take PayPal for pre-orders, which isn't a major thing, but I prefer to use PayPal instead of a credit card as much as possible.

#29 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

I've pre-ordered a few things from Newegg and they only take the money once the item releases. The only bad thing is that they don't seem to take PayPal for pre-orders, which isn't a major thing, but I prefer to use PayPal instead of a credit card as much as possible.

This is why you get yourself a Paypal debit card. They are free and it's a Mastercard, so you can use it about everywhere. As a matter of fact I used my Paypal debit card earlier today to pre-order Twisted Metal from newegg.

#30 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

In my opinion, I think the TM:B voucher can still be available when it goes on sale. But the thing is, the store that has to have it when it goes on sale. I wonder if I do miss it, how much will TM:B be in the PS store.