Photo
- - - - -

The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

http://hmv.com/hmvwe...1;-1&sku=529223

Regular edition is oddly £39.99 plus the shipping.

EDIT: Regular edition is now £34.99 and HMV updated the boxart for the collector's edition.

Edited by Nintendonly, 25 January 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Anyone know what's going to be in it?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Anyone know what's going to be in it?

Posted Image

#4 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I think I'm going to bite. I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from GAME and it came within about 10 business days. But, they were hacked recently and I don't think I want to order from them right now.

#5 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Out of curiosity where is the Xenoblade CE still available?

#6 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Wait for it to be released in the US in April.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#7 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Tempting... I might bite on this soon.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#8 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well 365games.co.uk is the only retailer I had any luck with getting an order through so I might consider it if they get it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

eBay. It was a GAME exclusive and I think they only did a first-print run on the CE.

Wait for it to be released in the US in April.

Unfortunately, there's no CE for the US, just the standard edition. But I'm still so damn happy they finally brought it to the US. I'm still going to preorder the Last Story CE though, both so I can play it and in hopes that strong sales will encourage NoA to bring over Last Story as well.
Posted Image

#10 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

$60 US huh.. will it play on Non-modded systems?

#11 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

$60 US huh.. will it play on Non-modded systems?

No.
Posted Image

#12 argyle

argyle

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

What currency do they charge your card in (is that EUR or GBP)?
Posted Image

#13 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

What currency do they charge your card in (is that EUR or GBP)?

GBP. It's about $66 USD.
Posted Image

#14 argyle

argyle

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Gotcha, thanks. I'm definitely in for one. Heck, you couldn't get a CE of a game - especially an RPG - released in the US for that price at release. Plus I kinda doubt they ever bring this one over. Even tho I'm personally double-dipping & picking up a US copy of Xenoblade, I doubt many are.
Posted Image

#15 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

eBay. It was a GAME exclusive and I think they only did a first-print run on the CE.

Unfortunately, there's no CE for the US, just the standard edition. But I'm still so damn happy they finally brought it to the US. I'm still going to preorder the Last Story CE though, both so I can play it and in hopes that strong sales will encourage NoA to bring over Last Story as well.

The CE for Xenoblade wasn't anything special, just a red controller.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#16 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Preordered. I will also buy the standard ed. if/when it gets released here. I'm really only buying this for the steelbook haha.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#17 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

$66 for a collectors edition of a game that may not be released in North America is very tempting. Even if it does get localized we probably won't get this collectors edition, and I love steel cases. Hmmm.. do I wait and hope for a localization, or should I bite and jump in on this? Damnit I did write those Op Rainfall letters to Nintendo so I think I'm going to wait, and if nothing happens by the end of the year I'll import.

#18 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

I wound up ordering it - this really doesn't seem like the kind of thing NoA would bother bringing here. If anything, we'll probably just get the standard edition.

#19 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Posted Image

Oh snap! Definitely in! Not only do I get to show NoE love, but they're basically giving us an awesome package for roughly $15 more than the standard $50 MSRP in the states.

I think I'm going to bite. I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from GAME and it came within about 10 business days. But, they were hacked recently and I don't think I want to order from them right now.

Oh man, I know what you mean. Their site was down nearly all the time. After 3-4 weeks, I tried to email them to cancel but had no luck. But then I saw a charge on my card was made by them the previous week and a few days later, I got the game.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#20 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Does anyone know how HMV packages things? Do they just put it in a mailer or in an actual box? I bought the Xenoblade CE from Game and it was packaged very well in a box.

#21 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

i think im going to wait. noa has stated they will release this game and i dont want to remod my wii again. i bit on xenoblade and just recently sold it before most heard about the us release so going to wait.

#22 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

noa has stated they will release this game

No they did not.

And don't count on this one eventually being localized like Xenoblade. Xenoblade getting localized was a fluke. 8 months after the European release with a very limited shipment is not a standard release.

#23 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

I just want the steelbook.

#24 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm sorry since this is always asked in these threads, but when does HMV charge your card? I know Zavvi waits till it ships, so I'm hoping this is the same before I order.

EDIT: Finally found the answer, and it looks like they don't charge you until the item is dispatched for anyone else who was wondering the same thing.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#25 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

dvd.co.uk also has both regular and LE versions. Their pricing on the LE is more expensive but I know they're reliable since I got Xenoblade through them last time. Their regular edition comes out much cheaper though. Putting items into your cart and checking out will show you that the end price is actually cheaper than whatever it says and it comes to about $42 shipped total.

#26 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Did they ship your xenoblade in a good box to keep it safe?

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#27 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

i think im going to wait. noa has stated they will release this game and i dont want to remod my wii again. i bit on xenoblade and just recently sold it before most heard about the us release so going to wait.

They just filed for the trademark, they never or did anything beyond that. Companies file for trademarks all the time, it doesn't mean anything will come out of it.

And as Nintendonly said, NoA is releasing Xenoblade in a very limited manner. Being exclusive to only GS and NoA's online store are two small fragments of the new game market. I mean, new games only make up such a small fraction of GS's business and I doubt very many people shop at NoA's online store (or even know if and when they sell games). A vast majority of consumers that shop at Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, etc. aren't even going to see the game.

dvd.co.uk also has both regular and LE versions. Their pricing on the LE is more expensive but I know they're reliable since I got Xenoblade through them last time. Their regular edition comes out much cheaper though. Putting items into your cart and checking out will show you that the end price is actually cheaper than whatever it says and it comes to about $42 shipped total.

They used to be a lot better with their prices... now their prices are usually higher than most other retailers. HMV is a reliable retailer though so I don't see the problem with getting it from them.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#28 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

Is anyone else having a problem checking out at HMV?

I keep getting a message saying: there is a problem processing this request.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#29 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Thanks OP! I switched my preorder of Last Story from Zavvi to HMV (having the LE for an extra $15 is a no brainer...)

I would recommend HMV without any hesitation. I ordered White Knight Chronicles: Origins for PSP last year from them & my order came quicker and better packaged than anything that I've ordered from Zavvi/The Hut. They are usually a little more pricer than the other UK retailers that ship overseas, but I will take my discount from whoever I can get it from ;)
Posted Image

#30 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Thanks, Preordered. I figure at worst I can probably sell it if I find wii modding to be hard (which I have seen is not).