Photo
- - - - -

Ghostbusters: The Video Game PS3 16.51 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 matpaq

matpaq

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ghostbusters: The Video Game From Amazon.

$16.51

Free Super Saver Shipping or two day shipping with prime if you have it. Is this a good deal for this game?

#2 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

Not really.

#3 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

Didnt they shut the servers down too?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Picked it up for $10 at Walmart myself. Would not say this is a good deal. I had a hard time even spending $10 on it

#5 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

That's just a turrible deal.

#6 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

As I hardcore ghostbusters fan, I really enjoyed this game. IMO its worth $20 easy if you're a fan.

#7 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

Definitely worth it for GB fans.

#8 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

I think it's been 16.99 for a while used at Gamestop. Not a great "deal" but an ok price if you are a fan.

#9 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

Grew up wih ghostbusters and played this when it came out- seriously enjoyed it
Spoiler

#10 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yeah I've seen it at Walmart for $10 along with Blood Drive and Bioshock 2.

#11 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

not even worth 9.99

#12 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Agreed with most everyone on here. I wanted this game to be good - but it was a chore to get through.

$4.99 is its max price IMO -- especially given how old it is.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#13 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Got it for $5 during the Best Buy holiday deal....and to be honest that's the right price point for it. It's really repetitive and there's zero replay value. Even for a big Ghostbuster fan I wouldn't pay more than $10

#14 GamesAreCool

GamesAreCool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

I believe this is a good deal. I got this game when it came out and I loved it. The $16 price point is pretty good for this game, it's supposedly the sequel to the movies. If you have any extra money laying around, then get this game and play it !!!

#15 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

If you're a fan of Ghostbusters at all, this game is pretty solid. For those who say "not even worth $9.99", why? It stays pretty true to the series. It has same/similar monsters as the movies. It has good voice acting from the actual stars themselves. The story is wonky in parts, but aren't most Ghostbuster stories? I went through this in it's entirety on the 360 and had a blast with it.

#16 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

firethief is that you?
Posted Image

#17 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

If you're a fan of Ghostbusters at all, this game is pretty solid. For those who say "not even worth $9.99", why? It stays pretty true to the series. It has same/similar monsters as the movies. It has good voice acting from the actual stars themselves. The story is wonky in parts, but aren't most Ghostbuster stories? I went through this in it's entirety on the 360 and had a blast with it.

Definitely. Really fun game if you're a Ghostbusters. Suppose this isn't the greatest of deals, though, considering it's been in the bargain bin at so many places for so long.

#18 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Really fun game if you're a Ghostbusters.

I wish I was a Ghostbusters :(

#19 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Don't we all

#20 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

This seriously made me laugh.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#21 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

This game made me a fan of the Ghostbusters, even got the platinum.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#22 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

I love this game. I bought it for PS3 and 360 the day it came out along with the Blu Ray movie. I have no regrets about my purchases!

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

I've been wanting to try this but not for more than 10$
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#24 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

I beat this game over two years ago and still have the urge to pick it back up again to this day. Such a fantastic game.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#25 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

mmmm ghostbusters

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#26 RyanLec84

RyanLec84

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ya know, I saw this thread over a month ago, and it's grinded at me ever since. So I just had to post. Ghostbusters is a great game !!! Not sure if the OP ever picked it up. But if you're still listening, I urge you to. The graphics are great, it's written well/very funny. It's fun, and a helk of an addition to the GB cannon. Nothing like shooting your proton stream and bagging your first nasty after "reallin' em' in", as the struggle to free themselves, in your ghost trap. As the game progresses, you get extremely fun pack, and other equipment, upgrades. On top of which, it has the voice talents of the real Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, BILL MURRAY, Annie Potts, William Atherton, Bryan Doyle Murray, and Ernie Hudson. Alot of love and talent went into this game from the creators. The nonsense that this game is "repetative", is like calling Halo the same thing as all you do is "shoot". All games come down to one simple mechanic. Don't believe the bashing OP. This is from people who want to bash something and are just nasty, negative, pricks. It's a steal @ $16. This is by far, in no way, a "bargin bin" title! Is it the next Halo? Perfection? Of course not. Very few games are! But there are alot of games out there that aren't the next Halo, but are perfectly fantastic, well made, and fun! GB is the type of game you'll itch to pick-up again a couple weeks later just to enjoy and blast ghosties. It's fun, funny, and exciting. People like to bash any game that isn't the next Halo, Madden, or Call of Duty. Grow up, folks! Try the game, dude! You'll enjoy it. :)

#27 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Maybe we need to call the Ghostbusters to take care of this thread that just came back from the dead?

#28 matpaq

matpaq

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Ya know, I saw this thread over a month ago, and it's grinded at me ever since. So I just had to post. Ghostbusters is a great game !!! Not sure if the OP ever picked it up. But if you're still listening, I urge you to. The graphics are great, it's written well/very funny. It's fun, and a helk of an addition to the GB cannon. Nothing like shooting your proton stream and bagging your first nasty after "reallin' em' in", as the struggle to free themselves, in your ghost trap. As the game progresses, you get extremely fun pack, and other equipment, upgrades. On top of which, it has the voice talents of the real Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, BILL MURRAY, Annie Potts, William Atherton, Bryan Doyle Murray, and Ernie Hudson. Alot of love and talent went into this game from the creators. The nonsense that this game is "repetative", is like calling Halo the same thing as all you do is "shoot". All games come down to one simple mechanic. Don't believe the bashing OP. This is from people who want to bash something and are just nasty, negative, pricks. It's a steal @ $16. This is by far, in no way, a "bargin bin" title! Is it the next Halo? Perfection? Of course not. Very few games are! But there are alot of games out there that aren't the next Halo, but are perfectly fantastic, well made, and fun! GB is the type of game you'll itch to pick-up again a couple weeks later just to enjoy and blast ghosties. It's fun, funny, and exciting. People like to bash any game that isn't the next Halo, Madden, or Call of Duty. Grow up, folks! Try the game, dude! You'll enjoy it. :)

I still haven't picked it up but I have looked at it everyday and finally think I might. Thanks for the advice.

#29 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I played this a long time ago. It's only like 5 or 6 hours long.

#30 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

I played this a long time ago. It's only like 5 or 6 hours long.

It took me around 7, but I'm a little slow...:applause:

I enjoyed it. The voice acting itself was fine (as it should have been given the talent), but the script should have been much better...
"The piracy can't be done." - EA Rep 'Russell', in chat with CAG crupp.