Daytona USA 50% Off On PSN Via Completely Random PSN Message ONLY

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

I just logged on to PSN and received the following message from [SEGA] with the official PSN avatar:

"Hello a_dirty_Shisno,
For a limited time, we are offering select PSN
members the ability to purchase Daytona USA for
$4.99. That's 50% off! Click the link below
between 01/24/12 - 2/6/12 to take advantage of
this special offer!"

The PSN avatar and [] name format proves a message that say's it's from Sony or any other company is legit, in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway, a quick google search shows that this message is so random you may still receive it even if you already own the game. :roll::lol::applause:

Hopefully if you want to buy it you have this waiting for you in your inbox as the game is still full price in the PS Store. You must purchase it through this message in order to receive the discounted price.

PS: This is my first ever deal posting. It kind of sucks that not everyone can take advantage of it.

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#2 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, I was super excited to receive a message to purchase a game that I already own. Can't they screen for this? Or how about a free Sonic CD code instead?
\\:D/

#3 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I got the message too. Not sure if I wanna bite on it or not.
Posted Image

#4 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I already own Daytona USA and I got the message from Sega. I bought the game last time it was marked $4.99. Don't worry if you do not get the message because this game will be $4.99 again in the future.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Is it worth it?
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#6 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

works with a wheel. sega did good with this one

#7 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Wish I could pass the savings on. I received the message, but had already won the game through Sega's "Name That Tune" contest they were running on their blog. Ah well, great deal on a pretty excellent port of an awesome arcade/Saturn racer.

fs_overall.png

#8 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

I got it! I feel special, never got random messages like this from PSN before.

#9 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

For those that own it, is it worth $4.99? Are the challenges fun? (They're not available in the demo on 360)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Weird. I wouldn't minding taking part of this, but I haven't gotten the message from Sega. Hopefully, they'll mention something about this strange sale.

Edit: I got the message on my Master/PS+ account. Odd...But still, least I can partake in this deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Bought the game when it first came out and got it again on the 360. Great classic Sega game. Absolutely worth it if you love classic arcade racers. They don't make arcadish racers anymore which is sad.
Posted Image

#12 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

I already own Daytona USA and I got the message from Sega. I bought the game last time it was marked $4.99. Don't worry if you do not get the message because this game will be $4.99 again in the future.

Same here.
Hopefully they start offering us discounts on games we don't already have in the future, haha.
Posted Image

#13 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Bought the game when it first came out and got it again on the 360. Great classic Sega game. Absolutely worth it if you love classic arcade racers. They don't make arcadish racers anymore which is sad.

Try Need for Speed: The Run, defenitely fits the genre imo. PURE might be a close one too, unless you just mean going in circles lol. Does the horse trick still work ? It was hilarious to crash and see it flip upside-down lol.

#14 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Try Need for Speed: The Run, defenitely fits the genre imo. PURE might be a close one too, unless you just mean going in circles lol. Does the horse trick still work ? It was hilarious to crash and see it flip upside-down lol.

I tried the demo, I wasn't crazy about it. The closet to an arcade experience racer for me in 2011 was Driver: San Francisco. I thought that was a great game but the continuity was a let down. I played PURE, I thought it was PURE shit lmao. I got it for 10 bucks, played it for 20 mins, and traded it away.

As for the horse, I didn't try use it. Yeah, it's funny to see that stiff ass horse bounce around all over the place.
Posted Image

#15 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

got the message last night too!

I have it for the saturn but bought it anyway.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#16 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Everyone keeps on saying it is a port of the Saturn, but I am pretty sure this is a port of the Dreamcast game.

The Saturn game looks pretty bad.

#17 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

For those that own it, is it worth $4.99? Are the challenges fun? (They're not available in the demo on 360)

If you are a fan of it, you'd have gotten it on day one like I did. But since you are asking, it's probably not worth it for you because the game only has 3 tracks (like the arcade) and you are pretty much done with the game in 30 mins. Trophies are a cinch to get too as you can unlock them all in that 30 mins as well. For the fans, they know the fun part of the game is to shave .01 seconds off of each lap and of course the very catchy tunes and the then awesome model 2 arcade graphics and 60fps framerate. Sega did a good job on this port (unlike the recent Sega Rally release which was essentially Sega Rally Revo stripped down).

#18 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Everyone keeps on saying it is a port of the Saturn, but I am pretty sure this is a port of the Dreamcast game.

The Saturn game looks pretty bad.

It's neither. It's a port of the arcade version. It is closer to the Saturn version because the Saturn version was also a port of the arcade version. Of course, the Saturn couldn't match the Arcade's graphics and framerate. The DC version was quite a bit different.

#19 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

More model 2,3 arcade ports to this gen console please. Sega. Next up, scud race,

#20 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

G a m e o vu e r
G a m e o vu e r
Game over
Game over
Game over
Game over

#21 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

G a m e o vu e r
G a m e o vu e r
Game over
Game over
Game over
Game over

Beat me to it, although I like to say: G-A-M-E O-ooh-E-R

I got this with my $10 from that promo a few months ago... kinda feel like I pissed my money away. I played the crap out of Daytona back in the day and it was fun for about a half hour but outside of a fun nostalgic trip it just didn't seem worth the dough. I'm all for Sega bringing back the Saturn-era arcade games, but I would definitely appreciate it more if they released it in a compilation so there would be some more bang for your buck.

#22 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yeah just checked my messages and I got one. Nice though but I already bought the game about a month or more ago.

#23 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

I would love to see Die Hard Arcade or Dynamite Cop on XBL or PSN.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#24 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

more model 2,3 arcade ports to this gen console please. Sega. Next up, scud race,

+1

#25 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Got the message too and I already own it. Wish I can forward this to a fellow CAG who wants the game.

#26 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

i want it but didnt get the message :(
Posted Image

#27 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I didn't get the message but wanted it too. Making this deal to random people is stupid as there is no guarantee that they will buy it (while people waiting for a price drop won't pick it up at all for lost sales).

Sometimes I question Sega's marketing on PSN. They remove their featured page, don't offer several good titles that are available on XBLA, now promotions are only given at random.

#28 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

I got one but have no money in my wallet right now, if I add money before 2/6 then I might get it

#29 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Thanks, OP. I got this message but wouldn't have checked my inbox if not for this thread.

#30 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

i got it today have no interest in the game wish i could have forwarded it to someone who did :(
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)