Skyrim (PC DD) $29.99 at GMG (key activates on Steam) -- DEAD... now $53.79

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 sublime2d

sublime2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Green Man Gaming has Skyrim digital download for $29.99. Key activates on Steam.

I've bought a few things from them and have had no issues activating their keys.

Green Man Gaming

UPDATE: Sale is apparently over as they ran out of keys. Price is up to $53.79. Cheaper than retail, but not uber-cheap.

From GMG Rep:

It took off very quickly and we've now ran out of the reserved stock! We do still have a very competitive price though :D

Make sure to keep checking back on our social media too for upcoming promotions :) We interact a lot with customers too and often like to get an idea of the kind of deals people are looking for!

-James

Somewhat off-topic:
If you're about to embark on your first trip to Skyrim on PC, consider installing some of these great mods. I couldn't imagine playing without them.
Use the Nexus Mod Manager for insanely easy installation. Any mods you don't want are turned off with one click.
Tytanis Crafting Mod - Takes Smithing & Magic to the next level. Craft arrows, lockpicks, and lots more.
SkyUI - Awesome inventory sorting.
Quality World Map - Adds roads to the map for easier navigation.
Rich Merchants - What do you MEAN you don't have enough money for these dragon bones?!?!?!
Realistic Water Textures - Makes the water look amazing.
Glowing Ore Veins - Very useful. Make sure to find yourself a pickaxe first. (or craft one)
Enhanced Night Sky - Simply breathtaking. Adds galactic nebulas and crazy constellations to the already great auroras in Skyrim.
I am using all of these mods at the same time with no issues.

Edited by sublime2d, 26 January 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#2 Chesskid1

Chesskid1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

hey guys, did anyone else order it and did NOT get a key?

http://i.imgur.com/tBMn7.png (keys usually go there)

downloading capsule does nothing. the email when i purchased the game said "activation:" and no key next to it. as you can see i've ordered from GMG before and had no problems.

i have to leave soon and was hoping to start the download.. then i have to deal with support, hope it's not bad. :(

argh, frustrating.

#3 sublime2d

sublime2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

I usually copy and paste mine from the confirmation email you get... was it listed on there?

EDIT: Just saw this on the GMG twitter feed:

"Not got a key yet? Due to server load it may take time. If 30 mins pass please make a ticket to our CS here: greenmangaming.zendesk.com/home"

#4 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

I usually copy and paste mine from the confirmation email you get... was it listed on there?

I second this... No key in email or key page. GMG is flood at providing keys after the fact, so keep that in mind.

#5 sublime2d

sublime2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well it's obvious that this deal is probably hammering their servers, so I guess give it a minute. This is the cheapest I've seen Skyrim on sale.

#6 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Green Man Gaming Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Just to reassure people, you will all get your keys :) If you don't receive a key for a while then submit a ticket to our CS team - we're on the case! :D

#7 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Got my key right away. I wanted to put off playing Skyrim until later in the year, but this price is too good.

Thanks GMG for a great deal! But my wife will not be happy as she's seen the last of me for a while.
Posted Image

#8 sublime2d

sublime2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hey for anyone starting out Skyrim for the first time on PC, I'm gonna post some of my favorite mods in the OP... I started playing on PS3 (don't get me started) but switched to PC, and some of the crafting and graphics mods I couldn't imagine playing without at this point.

#9 eikys

eikys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hey for anyone starting out Skyrim for the first time on PC, I'm gonna post some of my favorite mods in the OP... I started playing on PS3 (don't get me started) but switched to PC, and some of the crafting and graphics mods I couldn't imagine playing without at this point.

I bought this awhile ago, still haven't played it much yet, I'd appreciate the suggestions

#10 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

How reliable is GMG? I keep seeing their deals pop up on here from time to time, but I've never shopped there.

#11 sublime2d

sublime2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

How reliable is GMG? I keep seeing their deals pop up on here from time to time, but I've never shopped there.

I've never had any issues. Keys are issued immediately, and activate on Steam. If you have any issues, they have a good support system. One of their reps is a CAG member and posts here regularly... (in fact, he posted earlier in this thread).

#12 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Thanks op! Bought me a copy... now for my Pony mods... :twisted:

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#13 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I've never had any issues. Keys are issued immediately, and activate on Steam. If you have any issues, they have a good support system. One of their reps is a CAG member and posts here regularly... (in fact, he posted earlier in this thread).

It's true I did! :bouncy: Whenever we spot a problem we always dive right onto it and try to get it sorted asap :) We engage heavily with our userbase via social media and other channels (including posting here!) so we often see a quick turnaround from when a problem is identified to getting it solved. :)

-James

#14 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

hrmmm. Price is ok but GMG is off of my store radar. Gonna have to look around and see a little bit more of other CAGs experiance with em before I commit.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#15 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

hrmmm. Price is ok but GMG is off of my store radar. Gonna have to look around and see a little bit more of other CAGs experiance with em before I commit.

I got a few games from them. Totally legit man. They just aren't based in the US.

#16 eikys

eikys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

You can't go wrong with GMG, I've gotten a bunch of stuff from there

#17 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Delete

Edited by CheapAssHustla, 26 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#18 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

how long will this deal last?

#19 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Bought it this morning at 7:15 am (eastern). They just sent another email with my key. Thanks OP for the heads up and GMG for a great deal.

#20 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

how long will this deal last?

It's based on an amount of specially reserved stock, so there's no specific time - It's vague but it will last as long as it lasts!

#21 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Excellent deal!

#22 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Great deal! I just bought a gaming computer, so I'm looking to test it out with this.

fs_overall.png

#23 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Dead? Posted on slickdeals frontpage and the deal died in what seemed like no time.

#24 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, showing $53.79 now. Missed it. :joystick:

#25 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

maybe the GMG rep could post as to whether or not the deal is actually dead?

that seemed extremely fast...

#26 mokmoof

mokmoof

Lame! Would have grabbed this if I'd been a little faster to check CAG today. Does GMG ever bring these kinds of things back later in the day?

#27 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

It took off very quickly and we've now ran out of the reserved stock! We do still have a very competitive price though :D

Make sure to keep checking back on our social media too for upcoming promotions :) We interact a lot with customers too and often like to get an idea of the kind of deals people are looking for!

-James

#28 batrick

batrick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Killer deal, thanks!

#29 Epimetheus

Epimetheus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Dead already?

#30 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Dead? Posted on slickdeals frontpage and the deal died in what seemed like no time.

All of Slickdeals can DIAF, if they killed it. Front paging it on Slickdeals certainly didn't help keeping it alike.

-James

Going up from $29.99 to $53.79 isn't as much of a competitive price as a lot of people here would think.

Hopefully you can get more keys at the reduced price and pick up more sales of Skyrim at the $29.99 price.