Photo
- - - - -

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#1 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Didn't see this posted yet, so I apologize if it's old.

PS3-
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879200825

360-
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874105708
Posted Image

#2 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

I just have one thing to say "wtf amazon!?"

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Got one! Thanks!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#4 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Ok, I'll reward Newegg for matching the price. Preordered a copy from them. Amazon, you snooze, you lose.

Thanks op!!

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#5 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Submitted to Amazon. Not buying it from them but submitted anyway since there's a good chance they'll match this.

#6 Saintdante

Saintdante

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Does newegg automatically modify pre order prices? I have an order with them already for the 12 dollars off deal a while back.

edit: Never mind looks like they just added a little lowest price guarantee note.

Edited by Saintdante, 27 January 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#7 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

No mention of any pre order bonus, or I would cancel my amazon order and just go through them. Submitted.

#8 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Meh, wish it was 45 for PC too. Tempted to just switch to an xbox copy now.
Posted Image

#9 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Ok, I'll reward Newegg for matching the price. Preordered a copy from them. Amazon, you snooze, you lose.

Thanks op!!

Same here. I don't care about Amazon's pre-order bonus, and I like that Newegg has free shipping and no tax. And I'm pretty sure Newegg's shipping is significantly faster than Toys r' Us.

#10 kirthew

kirthew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Submitted to Amazon. Not buying it from them but submitted anyway since there's a good chance they'll match this.

How do you submit to Amazon? I have a $50 gift card and would love to use it on this.

#11 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Awesome, glad I waited because I don't get charged tax by Newegg. Loving it! Thank you Newegg!!!!
Posted Image

#12 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

How do you submit to Amazon? I have a $50 gift card and would love to use it on this.

go to the KoA product page on Amazon for whichever version you want to submit the pm for. Scroll about 80% of the way down the page and look for a box that says "Feedback" (the box has a blue border and light blue background). Then in that box click the link where it says "tell us about a lower price"

#13 kirthew

kirthew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

go to the KoA product page on Amazon for whichever version you want to submit the pm for. Scroll about 80% of the way down the page and look for a box that says "Feedback" (the box has a blue border and light blue background). Then in that box click the link where it says "tell us about a lower price"

Thanks, Submitted :D

#14 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

I liked the demo but I still wanna wait a bit after release. The price isn't really helping though and I am quite tempted to grab it at this price..

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#15 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

I was going to hold off - but the demo impressed me enough to just go for it. It's one of those games where if I didn't get it now, when it comes out I'll have that "itch" to get it - but will be forced to pay 60. I really wanted to hold off for sub $35, but I'm weak.
Posted Image

#16 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

I am actually having a friend of mine get this for me at his Gamestop. It's the first new game I've bought at Gamestop in over a year. Only reason is because Curt Schilling and R.A. Salvatore are going to be there signing copies and I can't pass that chance up for a $15 savings.

Also, before anyone asks I am unsure at what Gamestop this is at, he called me while he was running around and never mentioned an actual location.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#17 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

Have a couple questions.
Does Newegg charge when it ships and do all first run copies come with the Fate Touched Weapons or is that just a pre-order from other retailers? I tried the demo last night and it was pretty good.

#18 cobrakai83

cobrakai83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

Just tried to add one for 360 to my cart and got the following message: "Electronic Arts 014633098907 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Looks like they might be sold out for now.

#19 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Worked fine for me. Try again

#20 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Just tried to add one for 360 to my cart and got the following message: "Electronic Arts 014633098907 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Got mine pre-ordered just now for the 360.

#21 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

That worries me a little. I had a bad experience with Newegg when Dark Souls came out due to something related to the publisher not supplying enough copies. I don't think this is the same thing, but I have been hesitant to pre-order from Newegg ever since, even though it was more than likely Namco's fault.

#22 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Got mine pre-ordered just now for the 360.

Same here.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#23 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

I'm done waiting for Amazon!

#24 CheapAssChuck

CheapAssChuck

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Wow, Amazon dropping the ball here. I would've went with them if they matched, but Newegg's a step up from TRU I guess.

#25 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

this game will be $20 in 3 months
Posted Image

#26 Brutal Fates

Brutal Fates

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

Wait if I have this pr-ordered already will they match the price...? Or do I got to redo it?

#27 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

Thanks OP. Cancelled my ToysRus preorder saving me ~$3.50 in tax.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#28 vermadas

vermadas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

Argh, I've been holding on to the $20 DSPREORDER code and decided to finally try to use it for this. It won't let me though, says my order doesn't meet the coupon restrictions.

Oh well, I suppose Amalur can wait. Won't have time to play it for a while anyway.

#29 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

this game will be $20 in 3 months

"....when you compare it (Reckoning) to the three popular fantasy RPGs of our time -- Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon Age -- Reckoning easily outclasses all of them in the gameplay department. The competition isn't even remotely close in any respect. "

Sounds like IGN is going to give this at least a 9 with this type of hype (worked for Dark Souls), which will drive sales and help it retain value, especially if other major sources feel the same.

#30 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

Seems like the game is being universally praised right now. I haven't seen any negative previews yet.