Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/29/12 to 2/4/12)

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#1 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

The new ad preview is up.

:3ds: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy a 3DS for $169.99, get a $30 coupon towards a future gaming purchase.
Coupon valid from 2/5 through 3/17.

:360::ps3: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy Mass Effect 2 for $19.99, get a $10 coupon towards the purchase of Mass Effect 3. Limit 1 coupon per transaction.
Coupon valid from 3/6, the release date of Mass Effect 3, through 3/17.

:360: 250GB Xbox 360 with Kinect $349.99

:360::ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:360::ps3: Splatterhouse $9.99

:360::ps3: Rayman Origins $39.99
:360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third $39.99

Although they are all at MSRP of $59.99, Kmart will carry :360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2, :360::ps3: Soul Caliber V and :360::ps3: Neverdead.

Edited by LouieT, 28 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.
update on 360 system

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

Wow it is promising that they are still having decent promotions like this.

I'd be interested in buying ME2 for PS3 for the $10 coupon if I knew what was planned for ME3

#3 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Bah...nothing for Soul Calibur V or FFXIII-2. Guess the coupons are really dead for now at least. Need to find something to use the $15 coupon from SWTOR on.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Probably see about picking up Splatterhouse. Would price match it, but I don't think I've seen it at my store.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'll save my $10 gift card for another day...

#6 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Probably get Enslaved. Hope there will be enough copies and/or at least one for me when I go that week.

#7 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow nothing for NeverDead, FFXIII-2, or Soul Calibur V? Disappointing.

Now Playing...

:ps4: Destiny :xb1: Sunset Overdrive

:wiiu: Bayonetta 2

PSN: needLEEr

XBL: needLEEr

Come check out my trade list! Dozens of new titles for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Vita, & more! Rare Games & Retro too!

#8 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

The way K-Mart is crashing and burning I suggest that anyone with K-Mart coupons use them and everyone else stay away.

#9 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

The way K-Mart is crashing and burning I suggest that anyone with K-Mart coupons use them and everyone else stay away.

Exactly that's why I have NO interest in their sales. Every time I walk into a Kmart I walk out because there are usually 2 cashiers with 9-11 people waiting in each line. When the Kmart rep showed up on CAG I did some of those deals but having to deal with Kmart again to cash in on those coupons is not worth it for me. Besides every time I walk into one of their shoddy stores I leave real depressed like I took a time warp back into the 1970's. :lol:

#10 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

Wow nothing for NeverDead, FFXIII-2, or Soul Calibur V? Disappointing.

Agreed.

It was mentioned on Facebook there will be no non-ad deals until "vendor funding refreshes," so nobody should expect K-Mart to suddenly announce deals on these three games either. What you see here is all you get.

They also posted this on Facebook in response to people talking about how the coupons disappeared:

Hey Everyone. From what I have seen, they aren't going away. They're just going to be used differently.

He stated this is from seeing the next few weeks of ads, so it seems like instead of giving out straight up gaming coupons, it'll be stuff like we're seeing here with Mass Effect.

#11 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

I wish amazon offered a deal like that for the 3ds

#12 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

I guess I'll burn through the last of my credit with Splatterhouse and be done with K-Mart forever.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

I'd be interested in buying ME2 for PS3 for the $10 coupon if I knew what was planned for ME3

Well the sales are made well in advance so no way of knowing since when this sale was planned.

#14 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'll probably burn the last of my SYWR points on Splatterhouse and be done with them until they can draw me back in with deals in the future.
I was wanting to go in and see if they still had the 50% clearance on clothes though, because I just grabbed a couple nice shirts and was going to use points towards some more.

Either way, I'm burning my credit.

#15 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Guess I'll use my coupon on MS points even though I already have a ton built up. Hoping NewEgg and Amazon come through with deals on new releases until Kmart gets back in the game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hoping NewEgg and Amazon come through with deals on new releases until Kmart gets back in the game.

I'm waiting to see the fallout from Kmart dropping out of the game. While they weren't usually beat, they forced the rest of the industry to at least pretend to be competitive. Best Buy was a notable competitor that really stepped up their game this last year.

#17 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm waiting to see the fallout from Kmart dropping out of the game. While they weren't usually beat, they forced the rest of the industry to at least pretend to be competitive. Best Buy was a notable competitor that really stepped up their game this last year.

Best Buy stepped up on Black Friday and their DOTDs but they had almost nothing for games during release week. Really gonna miss knowing that Kmart will come up with something for nearly every new release.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hope Amazon matches Splatterhouse, even at $9.99 I don't know if it's worth going into my Kmart to get...
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#19 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

What are the opinions on Splatterhouse?
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

Pretty solid mass effect deal they have. As for enslaved, for 10$ you can't go wrong. I love that game !
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#21 Strategy101

Strategy101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Quite a shame the "coupon train" has ended. The only thing I can be happy about is the impact on my wallet, and I say that because I probably spent more money in that 1 year of coupon/new release deals than I have in the previous 3 years of gaming combined.

I can only hope Josh will get the support he needs to get it up and running again, because it was easily the sweetest deal in town. As it stands now however, I've got no reason to even go into Kmart anymore with a Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop and virtually every other competitor closer and typically similar if not better on all other goods... the games definitely got me to spend far more money in Kmart than I've ever done in the past, as well as recommend them to friends.

If it truly is to be the end, and if Josh happens to see this, thanks for what you did while you did it, it was one helluva ride, and I'll be gaming for practically another year on the games from the coupon train alone. The game sales industry definitely lost a hidden gem.

#22 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Best Buy stepped up on Black Friday and their DOTDs but they had almost nothing for games during release week. Really gonna miss knowing that Kmart will come up with something for nearly every new release.

I ran the DOTD thread, and it was an awesome ride. I added roughly 10-11 games to my backlog along with that extra Wii controller. I'm going to miss it, but my wallet won't. Lol, I'm going to keep riding the free train for a while. I'm trying to save up for a car at the moment.

#23 litobirdy

litobirdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Um i havent been here in a while. What happened to the classic kmart threads by Josh which was SHC_gamer i believe?

#24 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Um i havent been here in a while. What happened to the classic kmart threads by Josh which was SHC_gamer i believe?

Kind of limbo at the moment, making some big decisions for myself in the next few weeks.

#25 Greyslash

Greyslash

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Please tell me they are going to have a deal on The Darkness 2, I never want to set foot in a Gamestop ever again.
Posted Image

#26 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Quite a shame the "coupon train" has ended. The only thing I can be happy about is the impact on my wallet, and I say that because I probably spent more money in that 1 year of coupon/new release deals than I have in the previous 3 years of gaming combined.

I can only hope Josh will get the support he needs to get it up and running again, because it was easily the sweetest deal in town. As it stands now however, I've got no reason to even go into Kmart anymore with a Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop and virtually every other competitor closer and typically similar if not better on all other goods... the games definitely got me to spend far more money in Kmart than I've ever done in the past, as well as recommend them to friends.

If it truly is to be the end, and if Josh happens to see this, thanks for what you did while you did it, it was one helluva ride, and I'll be gaming for practically another year on the games from the coupon train alone. The game sales industry definitely lost a hidden gem.

Really appreciate it, probably only lasted as long as it did because of all of your support. Hopefully it comes back because of it.

#27 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

We'll still have the circular, I just don't think decent overcomes or lackluster consumer experience. Had to heat up the deals to compel the community to even make the trip :)

#28 litobirdy

litobirdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hey Josh, would you happen to know Brandon in corporate?

#29 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hey Josh, would you happen to know Brandon in corporate?

I know a couple of Brandon's, any area in particular.

#30 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Once they ended the $10 pre-order credits they put all their eggs in the 5 for $100 deal :roll:. Best deal going if it weren't for all the system/pre-order issues. Very curious to see what 2012's deals will be like going forward across the board.