Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

works for both versions but not the collector's edition.

different order bonus as well.

http://www.amazon.co...V2EBMH4H7WVJ2CX

#2 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

well I regret getting the collectors edition now...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#3 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

No collectors love :(

Looks like they are matching Target, but no Skyrim or Soul Calibur matching yet. Odd.

#4 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Customers who ordered the standard edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 through 1/30/12, and received a $10 promotional credit, will be sent an additional $10 credit to bring their total credit up to the $20 level currently offered for new orders.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors

So don't need to worry for those that pre-ordered.

#5 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

just a digital mini guide, i was hoping a preorder bonus. oh wellz. ill wait til 20 hopefully. i havnt even started ff13. good deal for those that want in on it release day tho, thnx

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

thnx but will def be waiting for sub <30 on this one

#7 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Anyone know if either version is preferable, yet?
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#8 aalaro

aalaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm going with this one:
http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B003O6JIVE

#9 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

can I return the game and keep the promo? :P

#10 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Anyone know if either version is preferable, yet?

http://www.eurogamer...2-demo-analysis

That article should give you a good idea which version is better even though its done with the demo.

thnx but will def be waiting for sub <30 on this one

Same here, going to wait for the version where they bundle in the DLCs.

#11 Haseo713

Haseo713

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

No love for the collector's edition at all. Not even $10............

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

In before a mention about a backlog

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm still suckered in by the CE...so Amazon is out of Omega DLC now? wonder if they'll sell the DLC later...

#14 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

I just got the mini guide by email for ordering the Collector's Edition. No $10-20 credit though.

#15 Haseo713

Haseo713

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I just got the mini guide by email for ordering the Collector's Edition. No $10-20 credit though.

I just got my email for the mini guide. Oh well, at least I'm getting $10 for SCV.

#16 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

What the hell, they upgraded the credit from $10 to $20? I already got my $10 credit in the mail and my game didn't even ship yet. Anyway I can get it matched?

#17 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thanks, OP! I was just waiting for the $20 credit price match of Target before going ahead and purchasing.
\\:D/

#18 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

normal for amazon

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition... worst buy of 2012? :(

#20 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition... worst buy of 2012? :(

Why do you say that?

#21 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Why do you say that?

It only has some CDs and nicer packaging for $40 more (assuming Amazon credit as a discount) than the regular edition. That's hard to justify.

#22 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Never got an amazon promo credit before, does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the credit and will it just automatically attach to your account?

#23 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Never got an amazon promo credit before, does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the credit and will it just automatically attach to your account?

A day or two at most. I usually get it the same day the product ships.
\\:D/

#24 m00nyoze

m00nyoze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Considering I got Gears 3 with $20 back on day one and barely play it, I can't NOT get this now. Also, I really, really liked XIII..... Really.

#25 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

just some copypasta for you guys, when i bought the 360 version about an hour ago, i got an email from amazon

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

pasted from my email, hopefully this means ill get both the 30 in promo credit altogether

#26 ZaphodBB1

ZaphodBB1

PS3 / Vita / PS4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

I've had this pre-ordered for a while. Two emails from Amazon received last night:
1. Your Amazon.com Promotional Code ($10 credit)
2. Your Bonus for Ordering "Final Fantasy XIII-2" at Amazon.com (Omega Boss Battle + another $10 credit)

Posted Image

#27 ksuwild25

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

just some copypasta for you guys, when i bought the 360 version about an hour ago, i got an email from amazon

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

pasted from my email, hopefully this means ill get both the 30 in promo credit altogether

I noticed the same thing when I submitted my order for a 360 copy a couple of hours ago too. I thought maybe it glitched since I orignally had it preordered from them but I cancelled on Sunday when I saw the Target ad.

#28 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

This makes no sense to me, why the hell is Amazon waiting until release day to put credits on these games? Don't they want people to preorder games from them instead of other retailers?

#29 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'd totally pick up the collector's edition if it came with the steelbook, unfortunately companies hate the US when it comes to steelbooks. Now I'm being forced to overpay for one on eBay.

#30 ccm0628

ccm0628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

I preordered the game and I only got 1 email giving my my original $10, the Omega Boss, and the Mini Guide. The $10 credit I got is a code to put in when I order something, not automatically added to my account like they normally do. Hopefully the other $10 gets emailed to me soon.