Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3) $19.99 New/ $17.99 Used @ GameStop

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Good price and last time I checked the DLC is on disc for the PS3 version so getting it used wouldn't be bad.

http://www.gamestop....d-edition/76479

#2 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

i think they have had this price for a while. at least a few weeks. i did finally price match it at best buy yesterday (had $5 reward cert to use). i picked up 3 penny guides at the same time. cashier couldn't believe i got it all for $15.02. i just told her it was a promotion in the games dept.

#3 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Not bad, but once 6 comes out, this will go even lower!

#4 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Since you provided a link to Gamestop.com, you should point out that neither new nor used is currently orderable online - and with GameStop, this means good luck finding a sealed copy if you're looking for new.

#5 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Any issues with the PS3 version? Might just pick this up.

#6 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

i just played through this version about 2 weeks ago...no issues at all, liked it better on PS3 then when i got it on 360 when it came out

596772.png

#7 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

I picked this up a month ago as part of a B2G1. I was surprised to see it so low and I've regretted trading it in my vanilla copy for so long, so this was a no brainer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

it was $15 last year lol
Posted Image

#9 leeyum

leeyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Unavailable? Do you think Best Buy will price match this?

#10 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

Since you provided a link to Gamestop.com, you should point out that neither new nor used is currently orderable online - and with GameStop, this means good luck finding a sealed copy if you're looking for new.

depends on your area there's numerous GS's that have it in stock around me mostly new.

Unavailable? Do you think Best Buy will price match this?

as long as there's a "local" store with it in stock you should be able to get the match.

#11 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

why is the xbox version so hard to find?

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#12 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

depends on your area there's numerous GS's that have it in stock around me mostly new.

The issue isn't finding a "new" copy in stock - the issue is GS's definition of "new." This has been beaten to death in countless threads, though.

#13 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Newegg still has it for $20 and free shipping. The shrinkwrap looks like a rewrap, but that is how all ps3 move copies of these are.

#14 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

The issue isn't finding a "new" copy in stock - the issue is GS's definition of "new." This has been beaten to death in countless threads, though.

Oh you mean "gutted" new copies vs sealed new copies. TBH it never really bothered me since I could see the disk 1st anyways to confirm the quality before hand.
One would think they would just have place holders for the new items since that's what the empties are anyways & just grab the new sealed copies accordingly.

#15 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Got this used last week for PS3. They had a "new" copy but the case was broken. They had a single used which case was in like new condition... but the disc... holy shit. Not a single scratch but it was like someone molested it after eating fried chicken! No matter how much I wipped it only smeared, water didn't even help. I ultimately had to take rubbing alcohol to the damn thing. Never in my many years of buying used from GameStop...

Also apparently Capcom has long since stopped producing the shiny gold slipcover. Disappointing as I love slipcovers.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#16 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

I bought this game at this price a few weeks ago.

#17 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

With the $10 off coupon i had it came out to be like $7.somthing. They didn't have the original case, which is not really a big deal, but those replacement cases they use! Super tacky looking. Not to mention my row of ps3 games look odd now. First world problems.

#18 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Speaking of zombie games, has anyone seen House ofthe Dead Overkill for PS3 on sale anywhere & does anyone know if HOTD 2 & 3 Returns for the wii is having an HD upgrade for ps3 anytime soon?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#19 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thanks OP. Best Buy price-matched for me

#20 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

11-20-12; oh yeah.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#21 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

why is the xbox version so hard to find?

The Xbox version comes with a voucher. Take away the voucher and it's just Resident Evil 5 vanilla. So a used copy of the gold edition is just the vanilla version.

#22 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

The Xbox version comes with a voucher. Take away the voucher and it's just Resident Evil 5 vanilla. So a used copy of the gold edition is just the vanilla version.

PS3 version definitely comes with the DLC on the disc?

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#23 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

PS3 version definitely comes with the DLC on the disc?

Yessir

#24 leeyum

leeyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Was able to price match at best buy! Scored a slip cover as well!

#25 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Was able to price match at best buy! Scored a slip cover as well!

Ditto, did the PM thing at BB; but no slip cover. no biggie.

Bummer the additional content is locked from the start, so I'll need to replay them. [completed all originally on 360]
I love the treatment Capcom did with the gold manual and gold disc. I hope more companies do this.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.