Photo
- - - - -

PRE-ORDER: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Guide [Hardcover] $26.99 Future Press 600 pg

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

Edit:

Found it at the Book Depository for about 6 bucks cheaper, plus free shipping.

http://www.bookdepos...lectors-Edition

Wouldn't have looked it up if not for this topic though.

For some reason the Book Depository says it's only 500 pages, weird.

Found it in my GB, thought some of you might be interested, 600 page Hardcover Future Press Guide, I'm sold. Looking to be a decent game too!

FWIW, IGN video review.

Amazon link.

Edited by Asgardian, 04 February 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#2 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Found it at the Book Depository for about 6 bucks cheaper, plus free shipping.

http://www.bookdepos...lectors-Edition

Wouldn't have looked it up if not for this topic though.

#3 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

Looks like it's only $21.18, at The Book Depository. That's with no tax and free shipping

You can update the post with that cheaper version if you want.

The Book Depository is a UK based site, but I ordered the Future Press guide from them for Dark Souls, and it's the same guide no matter what county.
I think I remember Future Press being based in Germany, and all their same language guides are the same.

#4 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

wonder why it's not coming out next week with the game

#5 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

From what I've found out, they are adding more to the guide. so that's why it's coming out later.

#6 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

This worries me too, amazon.co.uk has it at 500 page too.

If anyone can find out if the UK and US versions are the same...

weapon05.gif
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#7 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

I believe futurepress (via facebook) said it will be at least 600 pages+ at release. Most likely the various sites (uk, book depository, etc) are not using the updated info yet. At one point, us amazon reported 400 pages while uk reported 500 pages.

#8 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yeah on Amazon.com it used to say 400 pages and was $2 cheaper than it is now. I'll just keep that 24.99 order over the UK one though I think just so I get it sooner.

#9 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

i got it locked in at amazon for the 24.99 price for 2 copies. im keeping that only cause the book depository you get charged foreign currency fees from them. also my dark souls guide took 3 weeks to get and i plan on playing this game right away.

#10 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Now I have to figure out if I want to use my Best Buy half off strat guide coupon on this or Batman....
Posted Image

#11 terrymark

terrymark

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Tempted to get this to see what sort of new ideas it gives me Posted Image

#12 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

i got it locked in at amazon for the 24.99 price for 2 copies. im keeping that only cause the book depository you get charged foreign currency fees from them. also my dark souls guide took 3 weeks to get and i plan on playing this game right away.

Wow, you mean this thing was selling for $12.50 at amazon before? Next time, please post a thread so we could all get in on such great deal!

Also, I changed my order to depository, since they are charging US$, I hope there is no foreign currency fees.

weapon05.gif

#13 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

no he means he got 2 copies at 24.99 each

#14 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

heh... book suppository.

I'm down for this, wish it came out with (or before) the game though since Ken Rolston is signing stuff at the gamestop down the street this monday. Seriously, who knew that shitty ol' Northern Baltimore was such a gaming mecca?

#15 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

It's the same price at Gamestop and if you buy it with the game, you get either 10 or 20% off the price depending on if you're a PUR member or not.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#16 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Just got an email from Amazon saying my preorder for the guide was delayed due to change of release date (Feb 7 to Feb 21st now). Not big deal since their adding 200 more pages.
Posted Image

#17 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

I will never buy a future press book again. The dark souls one they did had to be the worst guide book written if not the worst book written in history. Don't support them!

#18 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

Just got an email from Amazon saying my preorder for the guide was delayed due to change of release date (Feb 7 to Feb 21st now). Not big deal since their adding 200 more pages.

So the game is delayed or the guide?

#19 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

So the game is delayed or the guide?

The guide since they're adding to it apparently. I probably won't be getting it now since I really won't want/need it by February 21st when I'm getting the game on the 7th. I wonder who's Fuck up that was.

#20 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

I will never buy a future press book again. The dark souls one they did had to be the worst guide book written if not the worst book written in history. Don't support them!

The fact that you say it could be the worst book written in history makes it really had to take your comment seriously.

I've heard nothing but great things about Future Press, guess you're in the minority.

I have that Dark Souls guide, and while I haven't really checked it out yet, it looks to be a really well put together guide. Care to comment more on why it's so bad?
I think most of us can agree the worst player's guide ever made was the guide for Final Fantasy IX. That's why I buy a paper guide, to be told to look online for most things, what a pile of crap that guide was.

#21 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

The fact that you say it could be the worst book written in history makes it really had to take your comment seriously.

I've heard nothing but great things about Future Press, guess you're in the minority.

I have that Dark Souls guide, and while I haven't really checked it out yet, it looks to be a really well put together guide. Care to comment more on why it's so bad?
I think most of us can agree the worst player's guide ever made was the guide for Final Fantasy IX. That's why I buy a paper guide, to be told to look online for most things, what a pile of crap that guide was.

I agree with you. It looks like the worst guides would have to be Final Fantasy IX and Disgaea 4.

http://www.amazon.co...28427901&sr=1-1

Future Press makes some of the best guides. I know some of the information is different now with the patch 1.05 but it's still has some good information in it. The quality to Future Press guides is well worth the money. My only other favorite guide company is Piggyback.

To each their own but I will support Future Press until they stop making guides for games I'm interested in.

BumslieOG.png

#22 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

i found my dark souls guide to be very useful

#23 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I agree with you. It looks like the worst guides would have to be Final Fantasy IX and Disgaea 4.

http://www.amazon.co...28427901&sr=1-1

Future Press makes some of the best guides. I know some of the information is different now with the patch 1.05 but it's still has some good information in it. The quality to Future Press guides is well worth the money. My only other favorite guide company is Piggyback.

To each their own but I will support Future Press until they stop making guides for games I'm interested in.

eh I wouldn't say the Digaea 4 guide has anything on the POS the FFIX guide is now

at the time of release it wasn't bad but since Square didn't keep PlayOnline support up the guide is now pretty much useless

just too bad Double Jump went out of business :-( they would have made an awesome Disgaea 4 guide

#24 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Wow, that Disgaea 4 guide does sound pretty terrible.

#25 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

eh I wouldn't say the Digaea 4 guide has anything on the POS the FFIX guide is now

at the time of release it wasn't bad but since Square didn't keep PlayOnline support up the guide is now pretty much useless

just too bad Double Jump went out of business :-( they would have made an awesome Disgaea 4 guide

Are you guys talking about FF IX or FF XI? Cause I know the FF XI guides were updated by year for a little bit, IE 2003, 2004, etc.

#26 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

It's the Final Fantasy 9 guide we're talking about. It's the guide where Square was really trying to push PlayOnline on everyone. So instead of the tangible guide actually giving you info, it told you to go to the PlayOnline website, to get the info you bought the damn book for!

It was simply horrible.

#27 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

It's the same price at Gamestop and if you buy it with the game, you get either 10 or 20% off the price depending on if you're a PUR member or not.

PUR benefits page says only 10% ... am I missing some other coupon or offer code?

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#28 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's the Final Fantasy 9 guide we're talking about. It's the guide where Square was really trying to push PlayOnline on everyone. So instead of the tangible guide actually giving you info, it told you to go to the PlayOnline website, to get the info you bought the damn book for!

It was simply horrible.

Wow, I had no idea FFIX guide was this crappy! A few years back I came across a local store that had a ton of this for sale ($15 each), I brought a couple and ended up selling them for $50 a piece on amazon, so I went back and brought a copule more... still have them somewhere in the house...

weapon05.gif

#29 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

PUR benefits page says only 10% ... am I missing some other coupon or offer code?

You get 10% off just for being a PUR member, and another 10% when you buy the game with the guide. I believe it's a 20% discount, not 19% (i.e. 10% off then 10% off that), but I could be wrong.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#30 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Now I have to figure out if I want to use my Best Buy half off strat guide coupon on this or Batman....

Where did you get that coupon from?