• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

awesome deals if your a PS+ member

this is probably discussed on the PSN deals thread, but just wanted to make a specific thread since some people might not read up on that thread

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2 yesidoknow

yesidoknow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Far cry 2 is supposed to come next week for free for + members.

#3 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

I have question about PSN plus. If you get the free games from them, when your membership is over do you still own the games?

#4 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have question about PSN plus. If you get the free games from them, when your membership is over do you still own the games?

No but if you start plus up again you'll get them all back. You only keep the games that you buy at a discounted price.

#5 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

If you're trying to be helpful, you could at least have posted a link to the details of the entire February PLUS offerings, much more stuff offered than what you focused on:

http://blog.us.plays...asy-v-and-more/

I'm excited about Fatal Inertia and Inferno Pool, also for free for +.

Note: Inferno Pool was listed for 2/7 but they later reported it's coming 2/14 instead, so beware of the release dates on the PS Blog.

#6 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

No, it comes back to either a Demo or you can't play it. If you bought it at a discounted you will still be able to play the game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

games are not playable but if you get free themes, avatars, etc...those you get to keep.

#8 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

No. However, if you renew your PS+ membership at any time, the games will be readily available for you to download once again. Essentially, you own the games forever, but you can only play them as long as you're a PS+ member.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

You do get to keep any Plus themes you downloaded. I still have all those Plus Premium themes during the 1 month Plus giveaway after the hack.

#10 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

I sometimes wonder if everyone who asks this question really doesn't know the answer, or if they're just asking because it's ALWAYS asked ANYTIME anyone mentions PS+. I have seen it answered so many times in my life it's not even funny. (including 4 times in this thread alone :))

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#11 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Thankyou for the link GT.

I do have a random question about games playable on both PS3 and PSP:

If a game has trophies on PS3 and you play the game on PSP, does that nullify trophies? Or is that not even possible, multiplatform DLC never has trophies?

#12 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thankyou for the link GT.

I do have a random question about games playable on both PS3 and PSP:

If a game has trophies on PS3 and you play the game on PSP, does that nullify trophies? Or is that not even possible, multiplatform DLC never has trophies?

I don't have a PSP so I'm not 100% positive, but I don't there is any PS3/PSP multiplatform content that has trophies. Are you referring to a specific game, or type of game? (like, PS Minis or something)?

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#13 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I don't have a PSP so I'm not 100% positive, but I don't there is any PS3/PSP multiplatform content that has trophies. Are you referring to a specific game, or type of game? (like, PS Minis or something)?

Foolishly FFV came to mind but I doubt Sony puts trophies on PSone games. I downloaded FFV to my PSP since I feel old school RPGs belong on a handheld.

Btw, I assume the Vita/PSP2 has trophies. Is this correct?

#14 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ok, total noob question, but how much is PS+?

Im having trouble finding a price for it.
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#15 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Foolishly FFV came to mind but I doubt Sony puts trophies on PSone games. I downloaded FFV to my PSP since I feel old school RPGs belong on a handheld.

Btw, I assume the Vita/PSP2 has trophies. Is this correct?

Ya, you're right. PSOne games (as well as PS Minis) don't have trophies.

Ya Vita has trophies, I'm almost sure of that.

Ok, total noob question, but how much is PS+?

Im having trouble finding a price for it.

1 year for $50
3 months $18

#16 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

somebody already answered this, but i feel the need to point this out to everybody that won't do psn plus because they have to "own" games they will probably play no more than once

you own NOTHING forever

everything you buy sooner or later will not be usable anymore, it will just stop working and cease to exist

you won't last forever, that's right you will DIE

people really need to get off this "well i don't get to keep it when my membership expires" mentality, like they will feel the need to constantly replay every free game they get

you own nothing forever because nothing lasts forever

the better discounts is what makes psn plus a good deal, the "free" games you otherwise wouldn't have played at all are a bonus

end of rant

#17 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

somebody already answered this, but i feel the need to point this out to everybody that won't do psn plus because they have to "own" games they will probably play no more than once

you own NOTHING forever

everything you buy sooner or later will not be usable anymore, it will just stop working and cease to exist

people really need to get off this "well i don't get to keep it when my membership expires" mentality, like they will feel the need to constantly replay every free game they get

the better discounts is what makes psn plus a good deal, the "free" games you otherwise wouldn't have played at all are a bonus

end of rant

correct you never own these games. How they word it is you own the license to play them

#18 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

you own NOTHING forever

end of rant

100% wrong
Do yourself a favor and look up the ownership rights in the United States

Unless you're somewhere not in the US, then go about your way talking about whatever country is dong things wrong

#19 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

I would like to make a huge notice
That just like Bomberman
Simpsons has no expiration date when you check it's information

That means once your PS+ is over, you will be able to keep playing the game
(just make sure you don't delete it)
I have tried this with Bomberman and it worked, my PS+ is still going on (from when sony sent out those 3 free individual month codes) So i can't test simpsons yet but it SHOULD be a keeper

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#20 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for all the answers. I should have looked it up, sorry for asking i guess >_>

#21 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

100% wrong

Unless you're somewhere not in the US, then go about your way talking about whatever country is dong things wrong

Hahah, you're an idiot.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#22 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

100% wrong

ii looked up ownership

nowhere does it say that everything we "own" lasts forever

hope this helps

#23 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I have a question about PS+.....

#24 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Here's your answer ?????

Well if you don't have a proper question that is.

#25 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

you own NOTHING forever

end of rant

Well at least I know now how we ended up in this recession! People weren't foreclosing on their houses because of high interest rates or unemployment, what happened was Barry Burton made the rounds and told homeowners that it was a fool's errand to try and "own" something. Of course nothing lasts forever Axel Rose, that doesn't mean that some folks might prefer owning over renting, or that each comes with their own perks and problems. I like "owning" my games in the sense that I can buy a game and don't have to subscribe to a service to keep playing it, especially since I like to go back and replay my games on a whim. That's not a "bad mentality", that's me playing the games I enjoy WHEN I feel like playing them.

Personally I think the PS+ is a great deal even if people aren't interested in the free games, but yelling at people who don't think they will get what they want out of PS+ is just silly.

#26 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

you own NOTHING forever

Wrong my pitiable friend. I own everything for eternity for that is my destiny.

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

I wanna be entombed with all of my possessions, so yes, I will own my stuff forever.

#28 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

You can only play the free games you get until your PS+ expires, but if you renew you get access to them again. ;)

#29 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Prices seem to fluctuate for 12 months and 3 months PS+ card, I bought a 12 month not too long ago for $28 shipped free on ebay. If you think about it that's pretty damn low $28 is hardly anythihng

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#30 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

Prices seem to fluctuate for 12 months and 3 months PS+ card, I bought a 12 month not too long ago for $28 shipped free on ebay. If you think about it that's pretty damn low $28 is hardly anythihng

Damn, probably someone who scored it from the error in the target ad. Great price though, I should check ebay more often.