Radiant Historia reprinting preorders $34.99

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Just received an email from Atlus that they're reprinting after all the fan harassment/pleading/whining.

Looks like some sites are ready for preordering the reprint. Soundtrack not included in reprints.

So far posted prices are 34.99

http://www.amazon.co...UTF8&me==

http://www.ebgames.c...historia/307870

Just a quick edit. Gaming news sites are reporting that the reprint goes on sale in March, though I haven't seen an exact date.

Edited by watcher0, 13 February 2012 - 06:25 AM.
update

[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#2 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Is this game any good? The videos on amazon made it look like crap (although I guess I see where FFXIII-2 got it's inspiration from). I mean, if it's enough to get a reprint I guess it can't be terrible. But MSRP makes me feel this isn't much of a deal. :/
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#3 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

well I haven't played it personally, but there isn't one mixed or negative review on metacritic. http://www.metacriti...adiant-historia

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#4 Volcynika

Volcynika

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

I really enjoyed it. The music (while a bit sparse in amount of tracks) was pretty nice, the protagonist isn't some dumbfounded idiot, and the traveling to different points in time is done in an interesting way.

As far as length, I think it took me 30-35 hours to beat it, just left a few sidequests undone.

#5 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

http://www.atlus.com/radianthistoria/

It is official for anyone wondering.

Is this game any good? The videos on amazon made it look like crap (although I guess I see where FFXIII-2 got it's inspiration from). I mean, if it's enough to get a reprint I guess it can't be terrible. But MSRP makes me feel this isn't much of a deal. :/

If you're a fan of SNES era RPGs, then you should enjoy this game. Personally, it's my favorite RPG of the since the PS1 days... I loved every minute of the game.

If you like western RPGs (open world, multiple options) and/or the newer JRPGs (flash/style over substance) they have out these days, then you probably won't enjoy it.

It'll probably be around this time so you could probably get it cheaper if you wait.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#6 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

well considering the last batch of them went for 60-80 on ebay...i'd say 35 is a deal for anyone who actually WANTS the game...thanks op.

#7 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

:) makes me happy i sold my copy a couple weeks ago on ebay.
Posted Image

#8 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Game is absolutely amazing. One of my top 5 favorite RPGs this gen.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#9 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

well considering the last batch of them went for 60-80 on ebay...i'd say 35 is a deal for anyone who actually WANTS the game...thanks op.

Is it though? Megaman X Collection used to fetch a decent price, and now it's like $10 for a new copy on Amazon. I think reprint announcements can be a grey area on CAG, on the plus side it helps notify people that they can get in on a hard-to-find game, but it also isn't really a deal.

#10 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Is it though? Megaman X Collection used to fetch a decent price, and now it's like $10 for a new copy on Amazon. I think reprint announcements can be a grey area on CAG, on the plus side it helps notify people that they can get in on a hard-to-find game, but it also isn't really a deal.

I think anyone who pays $35 for this instead of $60 on ebay considers it a deal.

People need to understand that MSRP doesn't automatically = not a deal.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#11 Drahken

Drahken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

For those who have been wanting to get something that had been previously out of print it becomes a deal even if it is MSRP. It is still a deal until it is available, then it's just the usual price. Thanks for the thread I missed my chance when it was 25 for awhile and have been looking at many places and local stores trying to find a copy.

#12 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Great game. Wonder how many copies they will reprint this time around.

#13 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Ordered it on Amazon. Thanks OP.

#14 gutter2d

gutter2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered one from Amazon even though it says they are temporarily out of stock.

#15 Dragon138

Dragon138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm glad its getting a reprint, it didnt even show up on my radar until it became hard to come across. As far as it being any good according to this website its their game of the year for DS.

http://www.rpgamer.c...results/ds.html

#16 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Maybe it will go down to DQV levels eventually, that game is now $15! But not bad at $35, better than paying $80 on ebay.

#17 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

This is great for people that missed out :) Stinks for collectors like myself, less value :(

#18 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.

#19 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.

don't understand supply and demand? :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#20 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

I would say that this is beneficial to many people. And we don't need anymore "not a deal" posts since Gargus is gone (but I guess someone could take his place).

#21 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

thanks, I missed out originally.

#22 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

This is great for people that missed out :) Stinks for collectors like myself, less value :(

Not really, because a) this is the second reprint, and b) first run has the OST and outer box, which is what collectors would want.

#23 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

:drool:

U off your podium now? Yes, there are plenty of games on the PSP, DS, etc that are worth more than $20, have you never played the Fire Emblems, Tactics Ogre, Advance Wars, etc etc? Get real!

Back on topic, yes this game is pretty great and won't be finished in 5-6 hours like a lot of console games I could speak of. Solid buy for RPG fans if you missed the 1st time. :applause:

#24 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

reprint is good news for gamers!

also, for those who don't want to wait.. a like new copy is currently in stock from Warehouse Deals for $34:
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#25 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

Not really, because a) this is the second reprint, and b) first run has the OST and outer box, which is what collectors would want.

That first batch of non-CD copies really wasn't a "reprint" since that was just a normal batch after the pre-order (1st print) versions ran out. There was no real gap between the two.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#26 dallow

dallow

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

Best RPG since 2005.

#27 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

That first batch of non-CD copies really wasn't a "reprint" since that was just a normal batch after the pre-order (1st print) versions ran out. There was no real gap between the two.

There was a few months in between the CD version selling out, and the vanilla version. The CD version sold out by February, and I don't think the vanilla version was available til the summer. At least, that's what I remember, because I remember having a hard time getting a play copy.

Edited by elessar123, 11 February 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#28 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Not gonna take my chances this time, getting in on this now.
Posted Image

#29 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

to be fair wasn't it $39.99? I had it preordered with OST but canceled few days before it came out :bomb:

reprints should all have 2nd edition etc printed. I was so pissed when Disgaea got reprinted.

#30 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hmm Best Buy never shipped my last November order. I better go check.