Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 2/19-2/25 (Trade up for a PSVita Deals)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

More Best Buy goodness for ya'll!

Nintendo Wii Console>>>>>$149.99
Just Dance 3>>>>>$39.99

FREE Just Dance Summer Party with purchase of a Wii Console OR Just Dance 3 ($29.99 value)

Playstation Vita Wi-Fi System>>>>>$249.99 (Available 2/22)
Playstation Vita 3G System>>>>>$299.99 (Available 2/22)

Vita 4Gb Memory Card>>>>>$19.99
Vita 8Gb Memory Card>>>>>$29.99
Playstation Vita Starter Kit>>>>>$39.99

Includes 4Gb Memory Card, Pocket Pouch, Protective Film, Card Case, Headphones, and Cleaning Cloth

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational>>>>>$39.99
Uncharted Golden Abyss>>>>>$49.99
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3>>>>>$39.99
FIFA Soccer>>>>>$39.99
Wipeout 2048>>>>>$39.99

Get 40% Bonus Trade-In Credit when you Purchase ANY* Playstation Vita game

*Assuming that 'any' Vita game is for a retail copy and not a digital download of the game. Though I think that is something that is debatable and personally IMO should be fine.

Get a Playstation Vita for as low as $149.99* When you Trade in a Select Portable Gaming Device.

*Discount determined by Trade-In value of the Handheld. It does list that the 3DS has a maximum trade-in value of $100. Not too sure if the trade-in value being bumped up for only the 3DS or for all handhelds. This is yet to be determined.

Current Trade-in Values of Handhelds (as of 2/14)

• Nintendo 3DS>>>$68
  • Nintendo DSi XL>>>$54
  • Nintendo DSi>>>$45
  • Nintendo DS Lite>>>No Trade-in Value
  • Nintendo DS>>>No Trade-in Value
  • Sony PSP>>>$32
  • Sony PSP Go>>>$63

Edited by MidnightMetal, 14 February 2012 - 06:00 AM.
Adding Current Trade-in values of Handhelds

MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#2 schnoo

schnoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

How much value is a DS Lite at trade-in?

#3 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

What's the value on a DS Phat and a PSP-1000? Seems like Gamestop might have the better deal for trading up.
Posted Image

#4 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

I have a psp 2001 that I might trade if they make the deal good enough. Thats assuming they add a little extra to the current trade in values.

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#5 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

So is the 40% trade bonus towards buying a Vita game or for a future transaction?

#6 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

I updated the OP to list the current trade-in values of the handhelds as of 2/14

I have a psp 2001 that I might trade if they make the deal good enough.

All PSP models (1000, 2000, and 3000) are considered under one PSP trade-in value i.e. the model number does not factor into the trade-in value.

So is the 40% trade bonus towards buying a Vita game or for a future transaction?

Technically it would be a future transaction (which would be a Vita game). How the trade-in system works is the employee chooses which 'bonus' they want to issue and from there it prompts that by selecting the trade-in bonus that the customer would have to pre-order/purchase a certain item.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#7 PaperOtter

PaperOtter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

MSRP on UMVC3? Damn, still gotta wait some...

#8 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

Wow, no deals. :(

#9 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Curious to see if they will bump the TiV of any PSP models. I need to be on the lookout for a super-cheap one, just in case...

#10 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Next week 40$ amalur please

#11 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

I can't imagine anyone trading in their 3DS for a Vita. No must have games at launch (well maybe escape plan) and a seemingly imminent price drop.

#12 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

A price drop would be very nice >_>
Posted Image

#13 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

WTF? HSG is now 40 bucks?

Edited by ddp72984, 14 February 2012 - 08:43 AM.
Damn iPad

#14 Thechaosdivision

Thechaosdivision

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

A price drop would be very nice >_>

I really don't know why everyone is expecting a 3ds style price drop. I bought the $349.99 first edition bundle,(yes I got mine a few days early) I have been playing Uncharted, Little Deviants, and Stardust Delta and I am loving it. If this console sucked ass I would be the first to admit it and I would talk about how much I hate the Vita. It's a great, solid, console with amazing graphics. People like to say look at Japan's sales. Really? Japan's Sales? It doesn't have one solid title they give a crap about. Uncharted is the biggest title and it's an American game with an American main character, no kidding they don't care about it. If Monster Hunter was a launch title then the Vita would have sold out and then our opinions would be different, or would we have said it sold out because of Monster Hunter and it still needs a price drop? The Vita sold 400k in the first two weeks of the 500k units shipped thats 80% and out of 400k units purchased after a month or so 100k copies of Hot Shots Golf sold which is quite a bit for a game that may be popular, but by no means is a triple A seller. I don't mean to single out your post out but I am very confused about everyone talking about price drops. I think when Christmas time rolls around you won't see price drops but instead you will see bundles for the retail price like Modnation racers, an 8gb memcard and 3g Model for $300, which I guess you can call a price drop. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita sold well here in the states. The games are getting decent reviews and a there is a lot of positivity generating about the Vita. And I really hate the 3ds comparison because the Vita is a stand alone unit(that has some backwards compatibility) While the 3DS still has a lot of developers out there making regular DS games and the 3d isn't being as supported as much as it should be. Would a price drop be great? Hell Ya! This is cheapassgamer after all, but I really wouldn't expect it.

#15 Thechaosdivision

Thechaosdivision

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

WTF? HSG is now 40 bucks?

I think different retailers are doing different things. I know at Gamestop the 4gb Mem card is 24.99 while every other place sells it for 19.99. They only place that I have seen consinstant prices is Amazon.

#16 htz

htz

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

A best buy gaming manager told me during the first week of February, that the 3DS will be eligible for a $100 trade in with purchase of a vita during launch week. Another employee also told me that the PSP trade in value is $75 with the purchase of a vita but the gaming manager would not confirm or deny it. I have not visited my local best buy recently to ask about it again since I have nothing to buy right now.

I really don't know why everyone is expecting a 3ds style price drop. I bought the $349.99 first edition bundle,(yes I got mine a few days early) I have been playing Uncharted, Little Deviants, and Stardust Delta and I am loving it. If this console sucked ass I would be the first to admit it and I would talk about how much I hate the Vita. It's a great, solid, console with amazing graphics. People like to say look at Japan's sales. Really? Japan's Sales? It doesn't have one solid title they give a crap about. Uncharted is the biggest title and it's an American game with an American main character, no kidding they don't care about it. If Monster Hunter was a launch title then the Vita would have sold out and then our opinions would be different, or would we have said it sold out because of Monster Hunter and it still needs a price drop? The Vita sold 400k in the first two weeks of the 500k units shipped thats 80% and out of 400k units purchased after a month or so 100k copies of Hot Shots Golf sold which is quite a bit for a game that may be popular, but by no means is a triple A seller. I don't mean to single out your post out but I am very confused about everyone talking about price drops. I think when Christmas time rolls around you won't see price drops but instead you will see bundles for the retail price like Modnation racers, an 8gb memcard and 3g Model for $300, which I guess you can call a price drop. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita sold well here in the states. The games are getting decent reviews and a there is a lot of positivity generating about the Vita. And I really hate the 3ds comparison because the Vita is a stand alone unit(that has some backwards compatibility) While the 3DS still has a lot of developers out there making regular DS games and the 3d isn't being as supported as much as it should be. Would a price drop be great? Hell Ya! This is cheapassgamer after all, but I really wouldn't expect it.

Sony is hurting as a company financially and I doubt they would want to sit on a pile of inventory if it does not meet sales expectation. The reason Nintendo dropped the 3DS price so soon is because they were worried they will loose developer support. If nobody buys the system, no developer would invest money making games for it. You would not buy a system with no games either.

I doubt anybody here is saying the vita sucks and not buying it because of that. People won't be buying it cause the price barrier is too high. The vita essentially cost at least $270+tax since you will need the 4GB memory card. Why would any mass market casual gamer buy a vita, when they could buy a 3DS with $100 to spare on about 2-3 3DS games? Sony is not going to survive selling the vita for the same price of a PS3 to a niche hardcore gamer crowd.

#17 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

I, for one, am dying to spend money on a Vita.

BUT...without any new RPGs or Turn-Based Strategy Games, I'm not shelling out $250.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 and all the other great PSP RPGs better eventually be compatible with this damned thing. :D

#18 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I, for one, am dying to spend money on a Vita.

BUT...without any new RPGs or Turn-Based Strategy Games, I'm not shelling out $250.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 and all the other great PSP RPGs better eventually be compatible with this damned thing. :D

VC2 is compatible, it's just not available for direct download on Vita yet.
You can transfer it to the system via PS3. This is true of many PSP games that weren't on that official list.

#19 still_tippin808

still_tippin808

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Will they honor the trade in value on pre ordered vitas? Or is it only for customers who purchase it on release day or later?

#20 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

best buy gaming manager told me during the first week of February, that the 3DS will be eligible for a $100 trade in with purchase of a vita during launch week. Another employee also told me that the PSP trade in value is $75 with the purchase of a vita but the gaming manager would not confirm or deny it. I have not visited my local best buy recently to ask about it again since I have nothing to buy right now.

oooo, I'm on that for my 1000 (already have a 2000). Hope it's true. GS's TIV stinks even with the $25 boost. I'll wait until Sunday to decide who will get my 1000.

#21 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

oooo, I'm on that for my 1000 (already have a 2000). Hope it's true. GS's TIV stinks even with the $25 boost. I'll wait until Sunday to decide who will get my 1000.

im tempted to trade in my 1000 also have a shit load of bestbuy credit to burn thru.

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

I can't imagine anyone trading in their 3DS for a Vita. No must have games at launch (well maybe escape plan) and a seemingly imminent price drop.

I'm very tempted to. Aside from Resident Evil there aren't any 3DS games I care about out. I can think of at least 5 Vita games I want.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

are the vita games available before 2/22?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#24 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

are the vita games available before 2/22?

Yes a majority of them released today officially (Uncharted, Lumines, Dungeon Hunters Alliance, HSG, Deviants, MVC3)

I just got a couple of vita games from Gamefly (no system yet : () and Im keeping Dungeon Hunters cause its only $30 to keep it, and I have gamefly coupons)
Posted Image

#25 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Nice, I'll probably go in and trade MW3 for Lumines

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#26 mith0s

mith0s

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

Damn. So tempting. I got a used 3DS for 120$ and I can trade that for 100$ and my PSP Go for 70ish...may bite. Hopefully this is like a GS offer where you can trade multiple units toward the Vita and the bonus is applied to each one.

#27 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

Sony PSP>>>$32

really? this is why i never trade in things, the prices they give you is a goddamn joke.

#28 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Sony PSP>>>$32

really? this is why i never trade in things, the prices they give you is a goddamn joke.

What did you expect them giving you a lot for a system that is now 3rd gen (psp go, then the vita)

#29 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

wow, so UMvC 3 cost the same price as it's big PS3 brother MSRP. :applause:
I could understand if it was a Vita exclusive, but they just imported it to the Vita and as far as I understand Sony made it real easy to do. IMO UMvC3 and any other game should cost 33% less than it's big bro MSRP. So UMvC3 ~$26.80 retail.

#30 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just came from my local Best Buy and asked the manager from the video game department about this. He confirmed that it is $100 for a 3ds and $75 for a psp. He diddnt show me any solid proof but hes never given me any bad information so I believe him. Looks like I'll be trading in my psp to soften the blow of the Vita price tag.

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766