PS Vita Bundle...Good Deal?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

For $500 on Craigslist:

- PS Vita Wi-Fi/3G
- 5 Games: Little Deviants, Uncharted: GA, Wipeout 2048, Modnation Racers, Hot Shots Golf
- 16 GB Card

Advice is welcome! I think the combined total of these at retail is about $550...but this would be sans tax. The drawback is he's already taken it out of the case, but he mentioned that it's only for inspection purposes.

Also--it looks like it isn't a 3G Launch Bundle or First Edition Bundle, is this legit?

Thanks CAGs.

#2 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Could be legit, but then again it's a really great price. Ask if you could yourself try it out?

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#3 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Could be legit, but then again it's a really great price. Ask if you could yourself try it out?

Thanks--we'll probably meet in a public place so I'll have to check out the system. Just curious if there are Vitas in the wild that aren't the Launch or FEB--this is the first thing that stood out to me.

#4 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

A resounding pass to me. If you get the 3G launch bundle and the mentioned games on Amazon it comes to $470, plus you get the 8GB card, Month of 3G access & Stardust Delta. That would also be sans tax, depending on the laws in your area.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#5 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

I can't fathom why anyone would invest so much just to sell it off so quickly. This alone screams scammer.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

A resounding pass to me. If you get the 3G launch bundle and the mentioned games on Amazon it comes to $470, plus you get the 8GB card, Month of 3G access & Stardust Delta. That would also be sans tax, depending on the laws in your area.

This is true--the question becomes whether the extra GBs and earlier pickup date are worth it (probably not). With my Chase card, I'm getting 5% Cash Back as well on Amazon. Thanks for the advice--think I'll pass.

#7 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I can't fathom why anyone would invest so much just to sell it off so quickly. This alone screams scammer.

Scam alert also sounded off in my head...just been fantasizing about the Vita today!

#8 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

Scam alert also sounded off in my head...just been fantasizing about the Vita today!

No problem, glad I could be of help. Can't say I blame you though, I've been counting down the days for about 3 weeks! :)

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#9 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

If its a meetup just don't go alone.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#10 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Update: Ended up finding the same bundle minus Little Deviants for $410. Think I scored a deal (and I didn't get stabbed, which is always a plus)!

#11 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Update: Ended up finding the same bundle minus Little Deviants for $410. Think I scored a deal (and I didn't get stabbed, which is always a plus)!

Sweet grab, for sure. Glad you're still alive! :lol: