Photo
- - - - -

(OOS) Diablo III Collectors Edition Available for Pre-Order Again - $99.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

EEDIT: The time of reckoning is upon us, so I updated the thread title.

Diablo III Collectors Edition - PC & OSX - $99.99

The initial batch has been totally claimed for the longest time, but I woke up this morning to an alert from Amazon that the CE is available for pre-order again. If you were interested, snatch one from this new batch quick!

Note: It looks like it's limited to 1 copy per customer.

EDIT: Looks like everyone got a new batch of pre-orders. Available at BBY and GameStop now too, both of which had their initial allotments claimed long ago.

Diablo III CE Contents:

• Diablo III full game.
  • Behind the scenes making of DVD.
  • Diablo III Soundtrack.
  • The Art of Diablo III book.
  • Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
  • The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive.
  • The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.
  • Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
  • "Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash.
  • World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
  • Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits
Posted Image

Edited by Wayne Cabana, 15 May 2012 - 02:30 AM.
Almost release day!

#2 BarrettSan

BarrettSan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Can't wait to play this game in 2015.

#3 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Ordered one. I have seven years to change my mind if i don't want it.

#4 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

lol same here
Posted Image

#5 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Snagged one just in case this turns out actually being limited. Can always cancel before it ships if that's not the case.

As a few posters above said, we have about 7 years before it ships anyways.

#6 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

That's an amazing CE. I built a new PC a few weeks ago specifically for this game.

I know they're delaying the game to make things in the game as perfect as possible, but DAMMIT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!

Thanks, OP.

#7 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

ordered one too. I figure I have months to decide if it's worth it. They still haven't put a release date on it.

#8 Crafall

Crafall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

thanks op, was waiting for that to pop back up.

#9 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

A little too optimistic, don't you think?

#10 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

ordered one too. I figure I have months to decide if it's worth it. They still haven't put a release date on it.

Yup, I'm in this boat. I'm considering getting the year sub WoW deal instead of this though.

#11 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm not 100% sure I'll be getting this edition but since we don't have a date yet I'll be placing an order in, thanks for posting this OP!

659629.png?68329996

#12 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Got an email for this in the morning so Pre-Ordered it right away :)

#13 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Don't know why you guys are saying it'll take 7 years to ship. They recently announced quarter 2 release in the upcoming fiscal year (summer time)

#14 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

i got that email, a few clicks later, it was ordered, then i see this thread. Makes me feel like 7 years wait could be worth it for the 7 seconds i spent ordering it. lol

#15 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

I grabbed one.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#16 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Don't know why you guys are saying it'll take 7 years to ship. They recently announced quarter 2 release in the upcoming fiscal year (summer time)

7 years is optimistic.

#17 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

The Joke
Posted Image <-- Your head

#18 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Actually this is incorrect. Blizzard recently reported that the game definitely won't ship in the first quarter of this year. It never said it was coming in Q2 or said anything about when it would actually drop.

Wait for Q2 for the report that the game will not be coming out in Q2.

#19 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

sure I mean it won't cost me anything for 3 years so why not?

#20 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Actually this is incorrect. Blizzard recently reported that the game definitely won't ship in the first quarter of this year. It never said it was coming in Q2 or said anything about when it would actually drop.

Wait for Q2 for the report that the game will not be coming out in Q2.

They said it was targeted for Q2

#21 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

They said it was targeted for Q2

They also said it was target in 2011. Hence the jokes about its release

#22 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Nah it will be released June this year and I would say august by the latest. I for one can wait until then. I appreciate a game not being released until it is really ready not like most games these days.

I wonder how many folks here are old enough to remember the good old days of Diablo.

I do and loved it. Can't forget that squishy ear sound after you'd kill someone haha.

I think that was my first online RPG.. after that I played Ultima Online (which was awesome and I have so many stories about that game). Then I got sucked into various MMOs for like the following 10yrs lol.

#23 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

If people are going to throw a shit fit about in-stock Skylander figures being posted in the Deals section, then this doesn't belong either.

#24 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

It's bullshit that you can only preorder one copy. My wife and I are both eagerly awaiting this game. Now she has to go create an Amazon account to order the same thing with the same credit card.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#25 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just goes to show you can never please people. They'll bitch about a game being delayed to fix bugs, etc. They'll also bitch about a game being released with bugs and patches being applied afterwords.

Some people are just determined to be miserable no matter what.

#26 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Alright, so who waits to charge until the order has shipped? I don't have the money now but want to stake my claim.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#27 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Alright, so who waits to charge until the order has shipped? I don't have the money now but want to stake my claim.

Amazon

#28 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yup, I'm in this boat. I'm considering getting the year sub WoW deal instead of this though.

If you order the Collector's Edition, and do the WoW year deal, when you enter your D3 collector's edition key, it will count as 4 months of your WoW sub. So basically you get $60 back in WoW time.

#29 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I for one appreciate that only one per account can be ordered. I am so sick of hoarders, resellers, ebayers, craig list dopes etc etc etc.

BTW why do you need two copies of a CE for you and your wife? Are you worried about a divorce? I mean why do you need two copies of a dvd, soundtrack etc in the same household. Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me.

There are digital extras that can't be shared

#30 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I for one appreciate that only one per account can be ordered. I am so sick of hoarders, resellers, ebayers, craig list dopes etc etc etc.

BTW why do you need two copies of a CE for you and your wife? Are you worried about a divorce? I mean why do you need two copies of a dvd, soundtrack etc in the same household. Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me.

There are extra in-game items (for D3, WoW and SC2) as well.