Photo
- - - - -

Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#1 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.c...US/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyro...aw-illustration

Edited by D.Choy, 10 March 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#2 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Wow way to bring it TRU. I'd like to get this and Witcher 2 to support WB Games.

#3 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

I never heard of this game until I read this title. Thought it sounded hilarious and checked the trailer on youtube. My first thought was Onechanbara but American-style. Thanks for posting this.

#4 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

thanks op... very excited for this game even though i have a feeling it'll be pretty short.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#5 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

I love Suda, but I know this game will be cheap in no time, plus I still have to beat SotD...

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#6 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

submitted to amazon for price check, everyone else do the same! that way we can get it at this price plus the preorder dlc they are offering

#7 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

this game is going to drop fast

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#8 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

Kind of tempting, the game looks fun, but it also looks like a quick price drop lol.

#9 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

They are just now trying to combine anything possible with zombies.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#10 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

This is gonna be great. I want the preorder costumes though. So I'll probably get this to keep and preorder somewhere to get the dlc.

#11 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Looks cool, but maybe at 30 or under.

#12 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

I guess I didn't pay much attention but it always seemed like a XBL & PSN game to me. Wasn't aware it was a full retail release. I'll wait until its priced along those lines... $10-$15.

#13 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

How is this any different from that Onechanbara game? Looks to be pretty damn close. If that is any indication, this will drop like an anvil.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#14 Kidd.o

Kidd.o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

This will be $20 like 4 months after release. Just feels like one of those games.

#15 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'll wait 'till I see reviews before I add it to my "want" list. I like the premise. Kinda sounds like a Bayonetta style game, and I love Bayonetta. I'm not naive enough to expect the gameplay to even come close to Bayonetta though.

Still... I love any slasher, as long as it's got solid controls. Let's hope this one doesn't bomb.

#16 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

How is this any different from that Onechanbara game? Looks to be pretty damn close.

Wow, not even close. And seeing as how this game is actually getting advertised and put out there it won't drop as fast as we think.

I'm definitely getting this after playing the sadly underplayed masterpiece that was Shadows of the Damned.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#17 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Suda 51 games are definitely quality games. No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, and Shadows of the Damned were all really good games and were liked by video game critics. Let's not forget about Killer7 either. The thing that sucks is that his games never sell all that well; they are definitely niche titles with a rather small following. Still, I have no doubts that this game will be both crazy and fun.

This game will be different from Onechenbara because it isn't completely focused on fan service. There is definitely an interesting story to the game. They even got James Gunn (writer of Dawn of the Dead) to write the story for Lollipop Chainsaw.

Still maybe zombies are getting a bit worn out? I hope that this game can pull through and be received well. I'll be following suit with preordering from a store like GameStop (just the $5 down) to get the costumes but also ordering from TRU since $45 is a decent price at launch. It will probably be around $30 give or take a few months though.

If you guys haven't seen the newest trailer yet, check out the Valentine's trailer:

#18 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Damn, it looks awesome...

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#19 FJY

FJY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Going to bite, been looking for a decent price on this

#20 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Tempted, but considering how fast SOTD went to 20. I might just hold off.

Not the same publisher but if Warner doesn't market this right, it'll probably suffer the same fate.

To be fair though WB has already done more to show off this game than EA ever did for SOTD

#21 jello44

jello44

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Was going to preorder at BB for the extra costumes, but 15 dollars off sounds much better.

#22 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Forgot about this game.

Looks like chicks are taking over gaming. Oh yeah!!!!

Looking forward to this>

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#23 Glitchbomb

Glitchbomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Agreed

#24 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Will be $10 a month after release.

I'll get it then.

#25 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

publishers keep whining about used game sales hurting them. why do they think people are buying used? $60+ tax is too much for most of us to put out on games, especially with so many of them. start them out at $30 new and sell higher volumes.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#26 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hope Amazon matches this, I really want that betty costume.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#27 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

I've been interested since they first announced it, but I'm probably going to wait. Suda's styles are awesome, but I've never played one of his games where the gameplay was good.

#28 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Suda 51 games are definitely quality games. No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, and Shadows of the Damned were all really good games and were liked by video game critics. Let's not forget about Killer7 either. The thing that sucks is that his games never sell all that well; they are definitely niche titles with a rather small following. Still, I have no doubts that this game will be both crazy and fun.

This game will be different from Onechenbara because it isn't completely focused on fan service. There is definitely an interesting story to the game. They even got James Gunn (writer of Dawn of the Dead) to write the story for Lollipop Chainsaw.

Still maybe zombies are getting a bit worn out? I hope that this game can pull through and be received well. I'll be following suit with preordering from a store like GameStop (just the $5 down) to get the costumes but also ordering from TRU since $45 is a decent price at launch. It will probably be around $30 give or take a few months though.

If you guys haven't seen the newest trailer yet, check out the Valentine's trailer:

Yes, that trailer was hilarious. Game looks fun. Just, it's going to drop fast, so I'll wait.

Oh, and yes, Shadows of the Damned was awesome. Great 20 dollar purchase.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#29 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Kind of a shame, of course it'll be really cheap eventually if everyone has the mentality of waiting for it to drop. This happened with a bunch of great games that'll never get sequels. Of course this IS cheapassgamer and I don't really blame anyone since this probably isn't a game everyone wants to spend $60 on, but even so...

in either case I'm probably getting this from Gamestop, I really want that Evil Dead costume.

#30 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I agree, Pretzle, it's a shame.
It's kind of like Darkness 2. It's a great game, but with everyone wanting to wait until it gets cheaper because of the game's length, we'll probably never see a Darkness 3.

People want cheap games; I'm not upset or anything about people wanting to sleep on this. But Platinum/Clover/Suda games are always fun and unique and I don't see them lasting too much into the next generation of games when dev prices increase even more.
It'll be sad to see them go too.

Or maybe I am just too doom-and-gloom today.