Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Warehouse Deals thread pops up a malware warning on my computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

This is so far the ONLY thread that causes this warning from Microsoft Security Essentials to pop up. Here's a screen cap of the screen that comes up. It says there's content from some site called Omega-Level that is known for distributing malware on the page.

Spoiler

For the record I'm using Google Chrome as my browser and MSE(as mentioned above) as my anti-virus on my system. I haven't tried this same thread on IE as of yet, but I will in a bit.

EDIT: It doesn't pop up the warning screen on IE.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

I actually just got the same message as well using Google Chrome but my internet security is Kaspersky Pure.

I browse at 100 posts per page and the error message is only popping up on some of the pages. For example page 16 is fine but page 17 I get the error message.

TheVila.png

#3 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

I actually just got the same message as well using Google Chrome but my internet security is Kaspersky Pure.

I browse at 100 posts per page and the error message is only popping up on some of the pages. For example page 16 is fine but page 17 I get the error message.

I actually just changed my posts per page setting from 50 to 100 about a half hour ago to see if that would somehow eliminate the issue. Before then, I was getting the error message on page 33(second to last page on 50 posts per page) but NOT on page 34.

Posted Image

#4 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

I just looked into it and got the same thing. It's user JG5253's signature pic that is hosted by Omega-Level. I'm not sure if there's any real threat to it, but I'm going to remove it and ask them to host the pic elsewhere before linking it again.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#5 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

I'm still getting the error message. Going to their profile causes the malware warning to pop up in Chrome but not in Firefox.

TheVila.png

#6 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'm doing a full system scan now with MSE and it's telling me that malicious or unwanted software may be on my system. So if anything this warning screen at least prompted me to do a full system check. Thing is, I usually only surf to CAG, Craigslist and Hotmail on this system. So that means I likely acquired that software on one of those three places.:-#

Back when I had AVG free I would routinely get warning screens popping up due to some of the ads on CAG, though I haven't had that happen since I switched to MSE.

EDIT: MSE is still showing the warning screen on the AWD thread for some reason.

EDIT#2: I'm having the same malware screen pop up when going to JG5253's profile page on CAG as well.

Posted Image

#7 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

I'm doing a full system scan now with MSE and it's telling me that malicious or unwanted software may be on my system. So if anything this warning screen at least prompted me to do a full system check. Thing is, I usually only surf to CAG, Craigslist and Hotmail on this system. So that means I likely acquired that software on one of those three places.:-#

Back when I had AVG free I would routinely get warning screens popping up due to some of the ads on CAG, though I haven't had that happen since I switched to MSE.

EDIT: MSE is still showing the warning screen on the AWD thread for some reason.

EDIT#2: I'm having the same malware screen pop up when going to JG5253's profile page on CAG as well.

The site was flagged because one of it's pages had malware detected on it. I doubt the one image that's being hosted will cause any problem.

He was online when I shot him an email asking to change hosts, and if he doesn't in the next few minutes, I'll remove the sig.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#8 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

My full system scan completed and I have 32 malicious items on there, including 3 trojans, about 3-5 trojan downloaders/installers and various exploits(mostly from Java) popping up on it. I'm attempting to quarantine/remove them all now via MSE.

I kinda miss AVG Free at times, since I never had so much as a hiccup on my system when I used that. But the last version of it I was using was so stripped down it was junk.

Posted Image

#9 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

Thank you for taking care of this sp00ge!

TheVila.png

#10 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

My full system scan completed and I have 32 malicious items on there, including 3 trojans, about 3-5 trojan downloaders/installers and various exploits(mostly from Java) popping up on it. I'm attempting to quarantine/remove them all now via MSE.

I kinda miss AVG Free at times, since I never had so much as a hiccup on my system when I used that. But the last version of it I was using was so stripped down it was junk.

You need to stick to the reputable free pron sites from now on. That's the key. ;)

#11 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

That's the thing. I don't even surf to the pron sites, free or otherwise. If anything, besides CAG, CL and Hotmail I've been to maybe POF.com(dating site) and Best Buy's website frequently as of late plus whatever sites I have to click through to get some of the deals from here(or SD:booty:).

So I guess one of those sites really got me good then.:cry:

But I'm no longer getting the malware popup from MSE on the AWD, so thank you for that sp00ge.

Posted Image

#12 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

You need to stick to the reputable free pron sites from now on. That's the key. ;)

lol... Some guy I used to deliver too got busted for running a site.

I use Eset Nod32, I think it's one of the best antivirus programs I have ever ran!!!