Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD)Tales of Grace F PS3 $47.99 Preorder Special

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#1 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

For those interested Newegg has a Tales of Grace special for the PS3 I'm kinda new at this so I dont know how to post a link correct

Deal ends 11:59 3/01/12 use promo code EMCYTZT1244

Edited by Rockinjs, 03 March 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#2 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

LINK

FYI next time you can just copy and paste the link itself. Good job. I am now debating on getting this.

#3 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Fuck YEAH! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Newegg wouldn't come through for me, but in the end they did. Thanks Newegg and OP.

Now I just need a deal for Ninja Storm Generations.

Edited by shrike4242, 29 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

ostzsk.jpg

#4 Snowmaru

Snowmaru

Nice deal. I expect a pretty low print run on this game since Namco can't market so it should be worth it.

#5 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Tempting, but I think reserving it at Gamestop and getting the exclusive costume DLC might be a better choice since it will absolutely never be released on PSN in the US (stated by Namco-Bandai on their Facebook page).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Nice deal. I expect a pretty low print run on this game since Namco can't market so it should be worth it.

Couldn't agree more with you on Namco's marketing of Tales in the US. Over the years friends have borrowed various Tales games from me and they always ask me: "These games are pretty fun, how come I've never heard of this series before?"

ostzsk.jpg

#7 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

@ jumpiestranger Thanks for the link

@ roymustang I think I posted this for you I seen you say you wanted this on sale and I've jumped on a deal you posted so figured I would throw this out there for you in case you didnt know

#8 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Excellent! Thanks for posting this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

@ roymustang I think I posted this for you I seen you say you wanted this on sale and I've jumped on a deal you posted so figured I would throw this out there for you in case you didnt know

I probably would've seen it in my email since I subscribe to the newegg ads, but nonetheless a big thanks to you sir. I really didn't want to pay full price for this game not when I want Mass Effect 3 and Ninja Storm Generations in the same month (although I might wait a bit on that last one.)

ostzsk.jpg

#10 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Don't care about the Gamestop DLC so I'm gonna jump on this one. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Was hoping they would do this deal. By the time you factor in gas and tax you easily save $20. As much as I would want the DLC... I don't think it will affect the game without it or will I really miss it, so I will pass on Gamestop. Go Newegg!!

RPGHope18.png

#12 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I don't expect amazon to impress me with this one. I'll prolly go with neweggs this time. ty op.

#13 Saintdante

Saintdante

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Couldn't agree more with you on Namco's marketing of Tales in the US. Over the years friends have borrowed various Tales games from me and they always ask me: "These games are pretty fun, how come I've never heard of this series before?"

It's Namco marketing in general... they're right up there with SEGA in just dropping games and people following the game not even knowing it came out.

#14 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Can a pre-order go OOS or is there a limit on how many orders they plan to take?

#15 gwolf07

gwolf07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I say do it now because it could end up like Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 which stopped taking preorders due to over demand (at least the CE did).
Posted Image
:360:: AC:R/MW3
:ps3:: Dark Souls
:ds:: Black Sigil

#16 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

This is a great price, but I also feel that the exclusive DLC from GameStop that has been said to never be releasing normally is more worth it at this point, but if you don't want that I'd definitely recommend jumping in at this price, the more people that get this the better chance of us seeing future Tales games!

659629.png?68329996

#17 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm new to Tales games, is there a reason not to wait for a lower price after release?

#18 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

This is a great price, but I also feel that the exclusive DLC from GameStop that has been said to never be releasing normally is more worth it at this point, but if you don't want that I'd definitely recommend jumping in at this price, the more people that get this the better chance of us seeing future Tales games!

Yeah, the DLC from Gamestop is stopping me from going through Newegg.

#19 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

I really want Xillia to come here.

ostzsk.jpg

#20 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thanks, TC. Going with Newegg on this one. Cancelled my Amazon order. I'll just use the Amazon credit I had on the Last Story now.

#21 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

If it's anything like tales of abyss on ps2, it will be a low print. Tempted to per-order it.
Posted Image

#22 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I'm afraid a low print/hard to find means that even used it'll be 30-40, at least, for a while so this is a great deal! Thanks OP!
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#23 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks OP was hoping a deal would pop up for this since I personally do not care about the DLC GameStop is offering.

#24 Armads

Armads

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Ugh, I've been anticipating this game for a couple years now, I haven't had a chance to play my copy of Tales of the Abyss yet, and with my work schedule about to get extremely hectic for the next 7 months, I know I wouldn't get to this til next Winter, so I planned on picking this up at a later date (figuring it should be around $30 by then)

Your guys' thoughts on that? Do you think I'll be out of luck and it'll be out of print or something? I know Vesperia never got Greatest Hits and you can still find it no problem.

#25 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thanks OP was hoping a deal would pop up for this since I personally do not care about the DLC GameStop is offering.

http://www.gamestop....1#bonusFeatures

"Special In-Game outfits and a XMB Theme! Pre-Order Tales of Graces f with GameStop to unlock special In-Game outfits and a XMB Theme!

Nostalgic Outfits from the Japanese version of Tales of Destiny 1 &2: Not only will these costumes gives Asbel, Sophie, and Richard a whole new look, wearing them will change the battle music as well!

XMB Theme: Customize your XMB with the Tales of Graces f theme. With graceful icons and dynamic wallpaper, youll live and breathe Tales of Graces f in-and-out of the game!"

Hmm, as a complete stranger to this series I'd have to ask you long time fans why some outfits are worth the extra ~$17 (including tax).
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#26 astr0boy

astr0boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Thanks! Love the tales series

#27 kewlmyc

kewlmyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm new to Tales games, is there a reason not to wait for a lower price after release?

Because most Tales games don't ever really drop in price and become hard to find. A used copy of "Tales of the Abyss" for PS2 runs for about $45 at Gamestop. Tales of Vesperia is the only exception to this and that's because Microsoft financed most of the localization.

http://www.gamestop....1#bonusFeatures

"Special In-Game outfits and a XMB Theme! Pre-Order Tales of Graces f with GameStop to unlock special In-Game outfits and a XMB Theme!

Nostalgic Outfits from the Japanese version of Tales of Destiny 1 &2: Not only will these costumes gives Asbel, Sophie, and Richard a whole new look, wearing them will change the battle music as well!

XMB Theme: Customize your XMB with the Tales of Graces f theme. With graceful icons and dynamic wallpaper, youll live and breathe Tales of Graces f in-and-out of the game!"

Hmm, as a complete stranger to this series I'd have to ask you long time fans why some outfits are worth the extra ~$17 (including tax).

They aren't. The dynamic theme you get is half-assed (it's just 3 different wallpapers that randomly alternate) and the costumes look tacky and reference a game that was never and will never be released here. The only reason why I'm not doing this deal is because I traded in MW3 for $30 so I'm getting this game for around $30 + tax.

#28 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Tempting, but I think reserving it at Gamestop and getting the exclusive costume DLC might be a better choice since it will absolutely never be released on PSN in the US (stated by Namco-Bandai on their Facebook page).

Did they say anything about the dlc released in Japan? I really want the code geass dlc

Edited by barrit, 29 February 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#29 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sweet ! You can always preorder at GameStop and just return the game and keep the DLC
Posted Image

#30 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Agh you beat me to it OP! Thanks for the post though, glad more people can save. I'm a diehard Tales Fan and I'll gladly miss out on some alternate preorder costumes so I don't have to give any money to the fat greedy corporate pig known as Gamestop.
Posted Image