gamestop clearancing out ps2 new to used conversion YMMV

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

i went into my local gamestop yesterday and walked out with gutted but still sealed new copies of mana khemia 1 and 2. the boxes are demolised but the rest is minty. cant complain for paying used price. i didnt see a single new ps2 game at my gamestop so im going to assume either its store wide or its just my local gamestops doing it.

#2 poehitman

poehitman

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I was in my local gamestop 3 days ago and they still had at least 30 new PS2 games there. It was in Zephyrhills, FL.

#3 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

i went into my local gamestop yesterday and walked out with gutted but still sealed new copies of mana khemia 1 and 2. the boxes are demolised but the rest is minty. cant complain for paying used price. i didnt see a single new ps2 game at my gamestop so im going to assume either its store wide or its just my local gamestops doing it.

This has been going on for awhile, there is a thread dedicated to it. But thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if this was still ongoing. I've been mulling over going to try and get a PS2 since my is pretty well shot and since my 60GB died I can't play them on my new slim PS3.

#4 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

How is it that you got games that were gutted AND still sealed? You lost me right there.

#5 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

sorry i shouldve clarified in the topic this is for games. i know theres a topic for the ps2 SYSTEM conversions but this is in reference to games. i didnt see a single topic talking about games to look for with the conversion etc..

#6 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and nintendo (wii u)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

gutted, sealed and demolished? id love to see pics

#7 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

How is it that you got games that were gutted AND still sealed? You lost me right there.

gutted as in they opened up the actually cardboard collectors box and put all the contents in the drawer but did not open the game inside the box. aka a gutted collectors boxset =P

#8 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

havent you guys seen the flimsy cardboard outer boxes that ps2,and some psp games comes in. gamestop guts the boxsets, puts all the sealed game and other goody contents in their game drawers and tosses the barren cardboard box on the display wall. the cardboard box is smushed, ripped etc.. that i got but the contents are new hence what i wrote.

#9 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

My gamestop only carries disc only PS2 games now :\

#10 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

So I take it your store, original poster, converted all of their new ps2 games to used. I hope my store doesn't throw away the cases/manuals when a game is converted from that $10-$60 new price to a $5 or less used price.

#11 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

yah i know the two stores by me(only ones ive checked so far) have converted all stock. sadly most of the good games are gone but i saw the boxsets and couldnt pass up a free soundtrack to one of my favorite series.

#12 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I haven't seen a LE Boxset PS2 game for over a year. I'd be all over this if my stores still had them.

#13 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hmmm this is worth checking for me. My local GS recently had a ton of "new" PS2 games at ridiculous prices still so if they're used now they'd actually be worth picking up. I'll have to stop by.

#14 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

let me know what you find out sabanoo. im curious if this is just my stores or storewide the new to used on games conversion.

#15 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I thought normally when they did this store-wide the "new" items would either disappear from the website completely or show as out of stock everywhere. Can't decide if I want to bother going out to check or not...

#16 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

This is a repost and has been going on for well over a month; not trolling but basically saying it was YMMV a month ago and probably pretty much dead now, barring a few stores here and there.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313874

#17 astr0boy

astr0boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

This is a repost and has been going on for well over a month; not trolling but basically saying it was YMMV a month ago and probably pretty much dead now, barring a few stores here and there.

I think the OP was referring to PS2 games. Where as the link posted is for the system itself.

Thanks for the heads up OP. my local GS had sealed "used" ps2 games but they were relatively recent games like madden 11

#18 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

that's for the console. this is ps2 games.

#19 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Anyone else tried it recently? I tried a couple during the last b2g1 (excluding 28/29 of feb.) and it didn't work for me.

Do you figure the "new" barcodes automatically register as used or do they need to change all the price tags? The ones I was in the 29th still had "new" price tags on games.

#20 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

itd be a nice deal if their used RPGs for PS2 werent still $30+ Seriously.. digital devil saga 1 and 2 was STILL $40 used. i'd pay it new, not used. and only if it was original cardboard box over case DDS and not just game case DDS

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
WWE 2k14

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Dr. Luigi
:3ds: Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#21 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

:-#

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#22 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

itd be a nice deal if their used RPGs for PS2 werent still $30+ Seriously.. digital devil saga 1 and 2 was STILL $40 used. i'd pay it new, not used. and only if it was original cardboard box over case DDS and not just game case DDS

Heres your box... http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1480e2fd

#23 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

It looks like someone really read the OP and the 14 posts after it before commenting.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#24 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

hehe whats up iatcg =). anyhow i guess we can close this as i checked another gamestop today on my way to work and their new games are still new price for ps2. although non of them were boxsets. the only thing i can think of is that they started to clearance out collectors boxsets or just mana khemia 1 and 2 got marked from new to used finally.

#25 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

Pretty much all "new" PS2 games at GameStop are high priced ($20+) so making them used doesn't knock much off sadly. I'm surprised the original Kingdom Hearts is still $19.99/$17.99, then you got the Fatal Frame games at bloody $30 each.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#26 VOLTAN

VOLTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

My gamestop only carries disc only PS2 games now :\

Mine too. :cry:

#27 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

DDS 1 and 2 are coming to Europe PSN, so there's hope for a US release. I still have my sealed copies in my collection along with Nocturne.

#28 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Pretty much all "new" PS2 games at GameStop are high priced ($20+) so making them used doesn't knock much off sadly. I'm surprised the original Kingdom Hearts is still $19.99/$17.99, then you got the Fatal Frame games at bloody $30 each.

If (when) they did the switch, they all become the used price (at least that's how it was with xbox games).

Though you did quote 2 games that are super-overpriced, used, at gamestop.

#29 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

d'oh, sorry for my inability to read, guys... :(

#30 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

d'oh, sorry for my inability to read, guys... :(

That's alright. We all do it sometimes.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image