Photo
- - - - -

There should be a thread on FX's Archer...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Surprised it doesn't exist already.

After this last episode, if I ran this show I'd extend it to 40 mins and run it as "The Barry and Pam Power Hour." The "allergic to getting on trains" followed by "Other" Barry's aside is about as smooth as it gets. All of a sudden Barry shows up and wrecks shit.

And Pam's always a champ. All she does is deliver shitsnacks and make it rain waffles.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Its one of my best shows out...especially now that is coupled with unsurprised. Havent missed a single episode.

#3 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Started watching this on Netflix Instant Stream, almost done with Season 2. Hate myself for waiting this long to watch it.

#4 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

I keep forgetting to watch this new season. I'm only 2-3 episodes in.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#5 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Get a load of this guy, he wants more Shiro Kubocha.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#6 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Pam is alright but Cheryl/Carol/Judy Greer is the bomb.

I watched the 1st and 2nd seasons on Netflix streaming over the course of maybe 5 days. Is season 3 free on the FX site or Hulu?
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#7 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Pam is alright but Cheryl/Carol/Judy Greer is the bomb.

You're not my supervisor!!!

Edited by PR Mega X, 06 March 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Did you see that? That was like like Steve McQueen and John Woo had a baby and that baby was you, baby.

#9 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Danger Zone.

538822.png

#10 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I love it ... Frisky Dingo is just as awsome too.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#11 lombarvm

lombarvm

Chief Boot Knocka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Lana?.....Lana?.......
Posted Image

#12 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Danger zone!

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#13 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well excuse me Lana, but it's a rampage.

#14 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

At first I didn't care for the resolution of the Barry situation (i.e. cyborg love), but so long as they keep up Barry as Archer's evil best buddy, I'm buying. Barry's "Let's get it on, brutha!" was as sincere and fun lovin' as Archer's dejected "Maybe next time, sorry" was sincere and pathetic. Those two crazy kids.

Barry's just a goofy half-man, half-cyborg out there livin and lovin life, I really like how he's emerged as the natural flipside to Archer, each a side of the same violent, over-confident, irresponsible, self-obsessed, sociopathic coin. It was well-done.

Plus, the voice behind Barry absolutely killed it this season, and I just learned that he's MEATWAD. Usually I can spot a voice but that one snuck up on me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

This show has really picked up. The beginning of season 3 had me worried but it just keeps getting funnier

Formerly known as slickkill77

#16 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

the girlfriend watched the 1st season over two days and is already rattling off Archer quotes.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#17 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

No Cyril when they're dead they're just called hookers.

#18 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

but seriously, WTF were they calling it if not stir-friday?
XBL - Nasum2

#19 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

When's the 3rd season coming out on DVD, and more importantly, when's the 3rd season getting posted to Netflix Instant? I'm gonna watch the shit out of those S3 Barry episodes.

I'm also eager to hear Bryan Cranston's "danger zone" line reading one more time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Third season went to DVD/Bluray a few weeks ago, and is now live on Netflix. You can also watch the "Heart of Archness" episodes, which linked seasons 2 and 3.

Fourth season has been more of the same, but I don't count this as a bad thing at all.

Posted Image

#21 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Pretty sure I read not too long ago that Archer was renewed for another season.

#22 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

This article says season 5 is happening.

Posted Image

#23 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's been okay this season, right? I might be alone in this, but I liked the Ron Cadillac episode. And I liked Ray getting his legs back. Otherwise they're just churning along, not bad but not great.

I'm not sure where they're going with Barry/Katya, but I'll hang in there and check it out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I don't know, I've laughed my ass off at every episode so far. And the Bob's Burgers opening was just icing.
Posted Image

#25 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Recently started watching this. And by recently, I mean watched 3 seasons this weekend. In my opinion, it's the second funniest show on TV, second to only Futurama.

Also, Krieger is the funniest character, hands down. He's rarely around, but it's quality over quantity. :)

#26 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Recently started watching as well. My girlfriend got the first three seasons on DVD and we plowed through those and then got caught up on Season 4 which I was DVRing while we got caught up. We both love the show. Season 4 hasn't been quite as funny as the first 3, but still lots of laughs.

#27 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, I'm not complaining about Season 4. It's okay, it's just tougher for the writers because there's less side-character stories to chart, in Season 3 they could extend Cheryl/Carol, Pam, and Cyril's stories a bit and they had depth to them. But now they can't return to that -- or they could, but they'd be getting greedy and they know it. Hence the sudden appearance of Ron Cadillac and the guy behind the service window at the ISIS Armory.

I like that they're trying new stuff in small ways. They also have the luxury of not needing to produce shitloads of episodes, which really wears you down. I think the show can be good (or "okay" relative to its best seasons, which is pretty good in general) as long as it wants to. I'm not sure about Katya/Barry, but we'll see, one thing I like about keeping the KGB in the picture is that the Russian "buddy" guy from Frisky Dingo is around. Love that dude.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I guess I feel like I don't need the show to be more than it is. It's about crass assholes in shitty situations. The fact that we're four seasons in and that everyone manages to remain an individual personality is enough for me, because by now writers will stop catering to those personas and just assign out dialogue lines round robin until the credits roll. I'll concede some lines can be switched between characters and no one would really know the difference, but it's not sitcom levels of bullshit yet where everyone is a total smartass with one liner retorts at meme level.

I wouldn't have a problem with them fleshing out characters more. Woodhouse went from feeble old valet to total fucking badass, as did Pam. Cheryl/Carol got a slight Tunt bump, and we continue to see Archer's spiraling madness opposite his equally crazed mom. Barry is as one dimensional as the show gets, and the only one approaching an overused running gag. Outside of him and the one-off characters, I'd say there's more development than people are giving credit for.

It doesn't aspire to be anything more than it isn't, and I appreciate that kind of understanding. Maybe the show will mature here and there (it's done a little already), or maybe it'll stay the fun jovial mindless romp it is. I can live with that since there's so little else on TV I like.

Posted Image

#29 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Barry is as one dimensional as the show gets, and the only one approaching an overused running gag.

Only thing I disagree with there. I think Barry -- up through the end of S3 -- was a really smart character. They took the time to set him up, both as 1) someone in the Archer mold but in different circumstances and 2) someone with a legitimate (and funny) motivation to become Archer's nemesis. Barry killing then nailing Katya felt "right" in this grand parade of self-obsessed assholes.

After all of that, up through where we are in S4, I agree that he's 1D. He's effectively done what he set out to do. But they may turn things a bit, maybe the dynamic between he and Katya will change and they'll give Barry and Other Barry more adventures.

I hope so, his voice (again, that's MEATBALL) is my favorite on the show next to Russian Buddy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Anybody keeping up with season 5? It got a bit boring for a few episodes, but I think it's making a comeback. Also, the Cherlene album that they released is way better than it should be.

https://play.spotify...VCXHIyPCc5SbjjB