Assassin's Creed 3 metal case preorder bonus at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

Went to Best Buy tonight and found several of these in the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. Looks like the same case is used for both systems! Just 5 bucks and tax.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image

uc.png

"I'm not cutting you down, I'm just carrying the axe."

#2 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

the best CE cover I have ever seen did you take it from the store or just take pics?

#3 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

I took the pics as soon as I got home. I didn't even think about taking pics in the store. heh

uc.png

#4 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

I took the pics as soon as I got home. I didn't even think about taking pics in the store. heh

oh they're giving them out now? I'll try and go tomorrow

#5 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

You get one if you pre order the game from them. Just gotta lay down 5 bucks and it's yours!

uc.png

#6 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

thanks for the heads up

#7 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

Guess I know what I'm doing when I pre-order The Muppets on Sunday for its steelbook.

Odd that they're doing a steelbook for AC3 now when it's not due out until October.

#8 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Guess I know what I'm doing when I pre-order The Muppets on Sunday for its steelbook.

Odd that they're doing a steelbook for AC3 now when it's not due out until October.

Very odd indeed. I mean, the game isn't even rated yet.

uc.png

#9 halvorsb

halvorsb

Um....yeah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Dang, went to BB tonight for printer ink and didn't even look - going back tomorrow for this!

#10 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

just looked on the site and couldn't find a listing for this to see if my store has any out yet. Guess i'll just have to go and actually look. Now should i got tomorrow (saturday) or on sunday????
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#11 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

I wonder if these will be available continuously over the next several months or if this is a one-time shipment. Either way, I'll pick one up if my store has it this weekend. On NeoGAF there's a picture showing a full standing display in-store, which seems a little excessive for a game that's still 7 months away.

To the OP, are they individually sealed? If not, I imagine I will have to sort through them to find one that isn't scratched up.

#12 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I wonder if these will be available continuously over the next several months or if this is a one-time shipment. Either way, I'll pick one up if my store has it this weekend. On NeoGAF there's a picture showing a full standing display in-store, which seems a little excessive for a game that's still 7 months away.

To the OP, are they individually sealed? If not, I imagine I will have to sort through them to find one that isn't scratched up.

At my store, they were individually sealed and in separate plastic shells like the rest of the games. Kinda overkill for a $5 pre order item. I don't think they did that for the metal cases of the blu rays I pre ordered from them. But at least with the shells on, they are even more protected from getting all scuffed up!

uc.png

#13 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

That looks pretty sweet. I wish they made one for each of the games.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#14 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

nothing at mine

#15 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

anyone else check their store yet? I was going to go tomorrow but i might just have to check for this today.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#16 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Nothing at mine. Going back tomorrow for Muppets and will look for this again.

#17 jcde7ago

jcde7ago

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

That looks pretty sweet. I wish they made one for each of the games.

They did....

I am actually a big video game-Steelbook collector....and yeah, there are quite a variety of AC Steelbooks. Here's what I have from my personal collection - AC1 Director's Cut Steelbook and the ACII Spain-exclusive Steelbook are missing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

From top to bottom: AC Collection Steelbook Futureshop Canada exclusive, AC Brotherhood Steelbook Germany exclusive, and AC Revelations Steelbook Micromania France exclusive.

Also, I called my Best Buy, spoke to an associate and I immediately asked if they were taking pre-orders for ACIII and if he knew anything about the give away, and he said yes, it doesn't start until Monday for all stores...so it looks like OP's store released them early for whatever reason.

This should give everyone plenty of chances to snag one of these as Gamestop is having the same promotion and giving this same Steelbook away as well.

#18 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

oh werd I'll go gamestop then thanks jde
seems to be monday gamestop and BB and futureshop will be giving away steelbook's for pre ordering

#19 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

That's cool, but importing from multiple countries to get a complete set seems a bit extreme for me so I'll revise my original statement.

I wish they made them for all the games available in the states as $5 preorder bonuses.

#20 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Nothing at mine. Going back tomorrow for Muppets and will look for this again.

Same here.

#21 halokilla91

halokilla91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Anybody know if Amazon is doing this same promo?

#22 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

They did....

I am actually a big video game-Steelbook collector....and yeah, there are quite a variety of AC Steelbooks. Here's what I have from my personal collection - AC1 Director's Cut Steelbook and the ACII Spain-exclusive Steelbook are missing:

From top to bottom: AC Collection Steelbook Futureshop Canada exclusive, AC Brotherhood Steelbook Germany exclusive, and AC Revelations Steelbook Micromania France exclusive.

Also, I called my Best Buy, spoke to an associate and I immediately asked if they were taking pre-orders for ACIII and if he knew anything about the give away, and he said yes, it doesn't start until Monday for all stores...so it looks like OP's store released them early for whatever reason.

This should give everyone plenty of chances to snag one of these as Gamestop is having the same promotion and giving this same Steelbook away as well.

Wow! Awesome collection! I wish they had offered those here in the US. Never tired to order special editions from out of the country.

I figure if Gamestop or somewhere else offers a different edition or other goodies, I'll get the best one and keep the steelbook.

uc.png

#23 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Wow that Steelbook looks amazing
Posted Image

#24 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

OP do you have a Sku or item # on your receipt
Posted Image

#25 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Checked both of my local stores yesterday, nothing. I'm wondering if the OP's store just put them out early by mistake? Either way, this should definitely be changed to YMMV for the time being.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#26 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Checked both of my local stores yesterday, nothing. I'm wondering if the OP's store just put them out early by mistake? Either way, this should definitely be changed to YMMV for the time being.

Here is my receipt.

Posted Image

If you look at jcde7ago's post, he mentioned that Best Buy would be putting them out on Monday. Not sure if that's jcde7ago's store or every Best Buy? For whatever reason, mine decided they needed to put them out early.

Just found this as well!

http://n4g.com/news/...ly-as-next-week

Edited by SolidSeminole, 04 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.
Found link I wanted to add to post.

uc.png

#27 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Okay. Went in to pick up The Muppets (which I had to ask for, were in back), and had them check for the Steelbook. They have them in the back, but has a street date of the 5th. So, going back tomorrow morning, for the 3rd straight time, to get one.

#28 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

G1 steelbooks make my heart hurt :( It looks nice, though. I'll probably pick one up.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 kroberts11

kroberts11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do want. I've recently decided that I'd like to start collecting these, so I'm thinking about grabbing a preorder at Futureshop.

#30 jcde7ago

jcde7ago

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

G1 steelbooks make my heart hurt :( It looks nice, though. I'll probably pick one up.

If you collect blu-ray movie Steelbooks, i can imagine why...but when it comes to video game Steelbooks....G1 is the way to go. Roughly only 20% of all video game Steelbooks are released in G2 size....but G1 has more artwork space and more exclusives anyways, and if you're a PC gamer, it's the way to go. ;)