Photo
- - - - -

Crush 3D (3DS) $19.99 Pre-order @ Gamestop.com! In-store pick-up available!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

http://www.gamestop..../crush-3d/91031

First time I'm ordering from Gamestop in years; never thought I'd see the day again... I'm sure this is will be a universal pre-release price-drop, or they'll cancel it. Even still, can't hurt to try!

#2 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

I might get it especially since I enjoyed Crush on the psp.

#3 nomoregroundhogs

nomoregroundhogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hmm, I've had my eye on this game but I wasn't too sure about it for $35. This is tempting, but I'm still not totally sold as I've heard the game can be frustrating at times. Still might jump on this deal though, nice find!

#4 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Sweet price, I may pick it up

#5 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

Geez, why can't Crush have good box art? first the PSP game and now this one, lol

#6 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hey CRUSH3D spells crushed in l33t speak. Kinda cute. Anyways, thanks for the heads up OP, I just downloaded the original on my Vita for $5 and I may go ahead and get this one too.

#7 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

Geez, why can't Crush have good box art? first the PSP game and now this one, lol

You're not kidding, I looked at both of them after reading that (and wondering what the heck this game is). They both look like some early 90's PC shareware games.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#8 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Loved the original Crush on the PSP. This looks way too bright and cheerful.

Still, for only $20, I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#9 BigBass21

BigBass21

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Loved the original on the PSP,http://www.hlinks.co.cc/fujjdso couldn't say no to this for 20 bucks. Thanks op.

#10 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Is this a remake of the PSP game for the 3DS or is it a new game?
Posted Image

#11 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Is this a remake of the PSP game for the 3DS or is it a new game?

It is a remake of the PSP game. If you want some hands on time before making a purchase, there is a demo available on the 3DS store. IMO, it isn't worth purchasing if you already played through the PSP version. It may be worth it for someone who has never played the game though.

#12 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

This is more of a remake (probably same old puzzles). There's a demo on the Nintendo eshop. They got rid of the voice-overs, and it's all heavy text now (bad decision, as some of the sarcasm is gone). The psp version had a darker tone, and so they gave the main character a make over (more kid friendly).

Crush has always been good for the first few stages. However, as you progress everything becomes trial and error. Finding your way to the answer is always rewarding, but your feeling of accomplishment diminishes when you have to do too much guessing later on.

Edited by dragonjud, 04 March 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#13 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

GS seems to be getting it a week later than other places, so maybe that has something to do with the deal.

I'm hoping for a price match from Amazon. Has anyone brought it to their attention?

#14 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

GS seems to be getting it a week later than other places, so maybe that has something to do with the deal.

I'm hoping for a price match from Amazon. Has anyone brought it to their attention?

I sent in a price match.. I'm hoping amazon comes through

#15 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

I sent in a price match.. I'm hoping amazon comes through

Same here. I really don't want to go into Gamestop if I don't have to.

#16 BrerDan

BrerDan

Total DS Whore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hmmm. tried the Crush 3D demo and liked it.....but never having played the PSP version, torn between buying the PSP version on Amazon (under $11) or the 3DS version ($20). I think I like the "brighter" 3DS aesthetic a little more....but beyond that. What do y'all think? Which should I get?

#17 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Dan, if you want to try the PSP version, check PSN and download it. It's only $4.99 to buy the download.

#18 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Looks like Crush3D is now a Gamestop exclusive. That or Gamestop is now pretending getting the game a week late makes their version extra special. Whatever, I did enjoy the demo something fierce, and knocking the price to $19.99 hits a sweet-enough spot for me.

#19 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Looks like Crush3D is now a Gamestop exclusive. That or Gamestop is now pretending getting the game a week late makes their version extra special. Whatever, I did enjoy the demo something fierce, and knocking the price to $19.99 hits a sweet-enough spot for me.

??

It's still available on Amazon and Best Buy tomorrow, according to their sites (Amazon told me they weren't price matching, though - Maybe BB will).

#20 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

For God's sake don't choose in-store pick-up. The system is still a bit buggy and you can end up being blacklisted by them, which is a real hassle to get fixed.

#21 ruthyb

ruthyb

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Played this on PSP and loved it gonna pick it up now. Posted Image

Cheers

#22 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

??

It's still available on Amazon and Best Buy tomorrow, according to their sites (Amazon told me they weren't price matching, though - Maybe BB will).

Here's the link where it claims it is a Gamestop exclusive. Perhaps Gamestop is just insane?

http://www.gamestop....exclusive/91031

#23 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Here's the link where it claims it is a Gamestop exclusive. Perhaps Gamestop is just insane?

That or they are in denial that Amazon exists. In any case, GameStop has the lowest price. Gosh, those were 5 words I never thought I'd say together.

#24 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

That or they are in denial that Amazon exists. In any case, GameStop has the lowest price. Gosh, those were 5 words I never thought I'd say together.

Maybe it means "exclusive price" and they're being clever with their wording.

#25 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Sucks that they've actually got the lowest price for a game BUT they're inexplicably getting it a week later than every other retailer.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#26 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

It is listed for sale by inetvideo and not amazon.com now..

Best buy has it but for in store pickup only now.

is this thing really a gamestop exclusive?

#27 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Just pre-ordered the game yesterday at GS. I tried the demo and it was pretty good. Not a bad price for a new release.
Posted Image

#28 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

It is listed for sale by inetvideo and not amazon.com now..

Best buy has it but for in store pickup only now.

is this thing really a gamestop exclusive?

Looks it because NO Best Buy has it in all of NC for in store pick up.

#29 nomoregroundhogs

nomoregroundhogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Looks it because NO Best Buy has it in all of NC for in store pick up.

Yeah, every Best Buy I searched had it listed as "unavailable". Sounds like Gamestop somehow managed to make this an exclusive ONE DAY before the release date. Ridiculous. I played the demo a couple nights ago, and it wasn't that impressive, so I'm out on this one.

#30 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, I wasn't blown away by the demo. Think I'll pass. Still have MGS to play through and Kid Icarus comes out in a few weeks.