Photo
- - - - -

Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#1 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
Spoiler

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Edited by Saix_XIII, 06 March 2012 - 06:49 AM.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

snazzy looking steelbook. itd go nicely with my AC collection steelbook. if i remember correctly, the artwork is by Alex Ross. im a big fan of his. i dont think he's done anything video game related since MK vs DC

#3 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

That's cook. Gotta check that out.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#4 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

will it have RP rating on the cover? if it does im not getting it
Posted Image

#5 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

will it have RP rating on the cover? if it does im not getting it

I think it makes it cooler, personally...

Oh, and there is a thread already, but I don't have a link. OP's got pics of his along with receipt.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#6 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Link is dead

#7 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

This was mentioned inside the best buy trade in thread lol, but this should get some more attention with a separate thread so I think your fine OP.

As for the AC3 steelbook, my best buy's gaming manager would not sell the pre-order to me today since the box the steelbooks came in are labeled with a Do not sell until March 5th warning.

Link is dead

http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/7fcvk67 <--- what kind of link is this o_O?

#8 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

This looks ridiculously sick. Have yet to beat Brotherhood, but definitely gonna catch up and pre-order this one.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#9 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Link is fixed, sorry for that.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#10 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

For $5 down? I'm am so down. Can't get enough of that steelbook action.
Posted Image

#11 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

This was mentioned inside the best buy trade in thread lol, but this should get some more attention with a separate thread so I think your fine OP.

As for the AC3 steelbook, my best buy's gaming manager would not sell the pre-order to me today since the box the steelbooks came in are labeled with a Do not sell until March 5th warning.

http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/7fcvk67 <--- what kind of link is this o_O?

It's some shortening thing they block. Here's an n4g link to that photo and post: http://n4g.com/news/...ly-as-next-week

#12 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Best Buy is doing this now? Will have to go pick me up one when they start stocking these.

#13 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

so wait you go pay the $5 pre-order and get the case right there? Or when you go buy the game?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#14 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

so wait you go pay the $5 pre-order and get the case right there? Or when you go buy the game?

Reading is fun.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#16 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Definitely gonna get in on one of these. I'm not going to get AC3 until it hits AWD, but I love steelbooks too much to pass this up. :D

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#17 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.

That was fast. I'll need to check mine tomorrow.

#18 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

I have never preorder anything from bb. I don't preorder at all unless I'm getting a ce. My question is, if you preorder, paid $5, got the steel book and tried to cancel the preorder in the future will you get charged something extra for the steelbook they have given you?

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#19 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

I have never preorder anything from bb. I don't preorder at all unless I'm getting a ce. My question is, if you preorder, paid $5, got the steel book and tried to cancel the preorder in the future will you get charged something extra for the steelbook they have given you?

Seems like it would be a $5 for Steelbook, $55 for game type situation.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#20 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

You would get a refund. The $5 is not for the steelbook, it's a down payment on the game.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#21 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

You would get a refund. The $5 is not for the steelbook, it's a down payment on the game.

Are you sure? From the other thread's OP's pic, it looks like the steelbook cost $5.

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#22 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Are you sure? From the other thread's OP's pic, it looks like the steelbook cost $5.

how about you call BB and ask when I scam you for a CE will I get my money back?

#23 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

i went to bb today and tried to preorder but he charged me for the steelbook so if i were to cancel my preorder i have to return the steelbook

#24 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

wow really? If that's the case we better get on this deal before they can change the conditions of preordering this game. Looks like a lot can capitalize on this to get a free steel book isn't it?

edit: ahh ok. I hope gs gets on this too.

What im playing: 

Recently completed:
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#25 infamy

infamy

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

i went to bb today and tried to preorder but he charged me for the steelbook so if i were to cancel my preorder i have to return the steelbook

And there we go.

#26 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

In every other case when this has existed the $5 was just for a pre-order and the steelbook was the bonus.

Let me try and word it differently. I go into BB, give them $5, get the case and they give me a receipt. 3 months later I go in, but I lost my receipt and I want to cancel my pre-order. The $5 I paid is still on the game because that's what a pre-order is. You pay a small amount to reserve yourself a copy. Granted this situation may be different, but unless they charge you $5 for the case and then $60 for the game, for a total of $65 for both, which as far as I have heard is not the case, then I don't see how it can work any other way.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#27 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

how about you call BB and ask when I scam you for a CE will I get my money back?

Dafuq? I'm sorry your post makes no sense...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#28 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

wait. What if the game releases and you don't pick up the game? $5 for a good looking steelbook isn't bad.

What im playing: 

Recently completed:

#29 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

he tried to charge me for the game but it wouldnt bundle out with the steelbook the comp was being stupid i guess so he would charge me for the steelbook and the game would be 55 not 65 but he also said come back 2morow and maybe it will work because it says not to sell before march 5 so idk well see when i go back cause i just want the steelbook and ill cancel my preorder most likely

#30 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think it makes it cooler, personally...

Oh, and there is a thread already, but I don't have a link. OP's got pics of his along with receipt.

lmao