Photo
- - - - -

Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - 2nd Ed. Pre-Order (w/ ACIII content) ships Oct. 2012

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

***Encyclopedia does not include ACIII game***

Ubi Workshop just started taking pre-orders for the 2nd edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. The first edition sold out quickly and is now going for twice the list price on eBay.

Updates for the Second Edition:
- Hardcover (previously only the European black version was hardcover)
- 80 additional pages (covering ACIII and AC: The Chain)
- etc (see website)

Pre-order price is $39.95 ($10 off list) $49.95. Word of warning, shipping is $13+ via UPS (the cheapest option to Illinois, at least). Also, your credit card is charged when you place the order.

http://store.ubiwork...second-edition/

Update: This can now be purchased in a bundle with the ACIII game and graphic novels with free shipping. See my other post in the CE Compilation Thread: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1902

Product Image:
Spoiler

Edited by WingsDJY, 26 September 2012 - 03:15 PM.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Do they charge when the order is submitted or when it ships?

#3 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Do they charge when the order is submitted or when it ships?

Hmmm.....< checks CC >

Looks like they charge when the order is submitted.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#4 ThePSH

ThePSH

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thanks op. Missed out on 1st edition and didn't one miss out on this one even though the expected shipping date is october! http://www.aojpsdefas.co.cc/dfVC

#5 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hmmm.....< checks CC >

Looks like they charge when the order is submitted.

Thanks for the info

#6 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

I just pre-ordered one, shipping was $13.36 for me. Looks like its coming from France, I hope I don't get hit with a foreign exchange rate fee on my credit card since the merchant's name is also in French.

Edit: It might be coming from Canada...

Edited by htz, 05 March 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#7 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Suddenly very glad I didn't get the first one, will probably bite on this one. Revelations was a bit of a disappointment for several reasons, but I'm still on the AC train overall.

#8 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm feeling saucy...I think I'm gonna buy it.
Posted Image

#9 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

too much

#10 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I had to get one to go with my original one :3

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#11 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Suddenly very glad I didn't get the first one, will probably bite on this one. Revelations was a bit of a disappointment for several reasons, but I'm still on the AC train overall.

I didn't even know about the first one... but since they're just adding information to update it to Revelations, there's a good chance they'll just release another edition with ACIII and the subsequent ACIII sequels (like a Brotherhood and Revelations equivalent).

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#12 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

I didn't even know about the first one... but since they're just adding information to update it to Revelations, there's a good chance they'll just release another edition with ACIII and the subsequent ACIII sequels (like a Brotherhood and Revelations equivalent).

The second edition is updated to AC3 not Revelations. The release date for this second edition is not until October. If ubisoft told the truth about ending Desmond's story in AC3, I don't see myself buying another encyclopedia for a spin off.

#13 VincenteX

VincenteX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Was the original edition available for purchase anywhere other than the Ubi store? I might pick this one up, but it'd be nice if there were better deals to be had.

#14 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

How many pages is it?

#15 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

The second edition is updated to AC3 not Revelations. The release date for this second edition is not until October. If ubisoft told the truth about ending Desmond's story in AC3, I don't see myself buying another encyclopedia for a spin off.

Ah, my mistake... don't know why, but I thought ACIII as Revelations.

I might have to get this then.:-k

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#16 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

was about to drop 95 on this from ebay...post came just in time

#17 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'd tell ya but the answer is only one click away in the OP. I wondered the same thing

How many pages is it?

#18 kroberts11

kroberts11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm so tempted... and chances are, I may forget about it, so it'll be a nice surprise when it arrives in October.

#19 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

*facepalm*

*sigh*...thanks for pointing out my stupidity...or ignorance...or pure laziness.

I'd tell ya but the answer is only one click away in the OP. I wondered the same thing

#20 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

AC 2 had me excited for brotherhood, which wasnt bad. But the quick release of Revelations and 3 announcement just means that they cooked the golden goose.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#21 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

was about to drop 95 on this from ebay...post came just in time

Not saying you should pay inflated prices but you aren't doing yourself a favor. The one online is the real edition, first print, which is most worthwhile.

#22 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

I'm sad I even bought the first edition. They sent me email about second edition today and it looks awesome.

#23 DonkeyPunch

DonkeyPunch

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

$14 for shipping kills it for me.

#24 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

Anybody know if things will ship separately if I order a shirt too? Don't really want to wait until October to get the shirt. Or pay separate shipping to get it sooner.

#25 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

When was the first edition released!? I never even knew about this until now.. Not really worth getting a second edition though, i much rather have a first.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#26 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

When was the first edition released!? I never even knew about this until now.. Not really worth getting a second edition though, i much rather have a first.

first one doesn't cover ac3 or the upcoming ac graphic novel.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#27 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

first one doesn't cover ac3 or the upcoming ac graphic novel.

Yea i know but i the rarity of the first edition is favored a bit more. But i'll think about this.. I'll order only if they charge when they ship which i'm sure they do.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#28 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

hopefully there's a "coupon code" soon

#29 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Has anyone used PayPal to order this? I'm wondering if PayPal funds will be "charged" when you order or if it waits until shipping...

hopefully there's a "coupon code" soon

What's this "coupon code" supposed to be?

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#30 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

Unless your going to re-sell it, I think the second edition is worth more. Its the definitive edition covering the AC trilogy with Desmonds story arc if ubisoft did not lie about ending Desmond's story in AC3.

• Up-to-date with Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed: The Chain narrative content
  • Revised content from the first edition based on all feedback (dev team and community)
  • Over 80 new pages of content
  • New cartes blanches
  • Hardcover
80 new pages, hardcover, revisions to the content in the 1st edition, plus additional stuff covering AC3 should make this the best edition of the encyclopedia to an AC fan for personal ownership.

Was the original edition available for purchase anywhere other than the Ubi store? I might pick this one up, but it'd be nice if there were better deals to be had.

I'm pretty sure this is only sold in Ubi's store.

Has anyone used PayPal to order this? I'm wondering if PayPal funds will be "charged" when you order or if it waits until shipping...

I think they only accept Paypal. Anyways I did pay with Paypal and was charged immediately.