Photo
- - - - -

PS3 3D Display Bundle (Display, Glasses, MLB 12 The show - 299.99 Bestbuy Newegg

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 srac84

srac84

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hey guys both bestbuy and newegg have this offer it's similar to the old offer but also includes MLB 12 The show. Price is 299.99. Obviously for most if you go with newegg you get no tax and free shipping, but some may have best buy credit and may want to use that towards their purchase. And if you've recently purchased from best buy you prob could go back and get the new package with the mlb game if you wanted. Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Newegg:

http://www.newegg.co...SID=2vD3Dez7pD1

Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.c...=2026489&loc=01

#2 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

If it works, the Show has a feature that I think makes this a great purchase.

• SimulView™ Functionality with PlayStation®3D Display (PS3) – MLB 12 The Show will incorporate SimulView™ technology that allows two people to play head to head without seeing each other’s screen while playing on the PlayStation®3D Display. It uses the same technology as Stereoscopic 3D, but instead of sending image A to the left eye and image B to the right Eye, we send image A to player 1 and image B to player 2.

#3 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

This is a really good price, for 299 you get the display, Motorstorm, MLB, and 2 pairs of glasses. The lowest it's ever been is 299 and they are now adding a brand new 60 dollar game and extra pair of glasses. A lot of people have been saying they were waiting for it to hit 200, this is pretty much that price with all the extras.

#4 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Every 3D display comes with MotorStorm: Apocalypse Newegg even shows it in the pictures/details to confirm its in there. BB and AMZ details confirm its in there as well.

#5 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this even though I was waiting on $249 or $199. Thanks OP!

#6 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

What's funny is Newegg still shows the display for $499.99.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261314

It's a good deal for the display w/ 2 pairs of glasses and 2 games. So very tempted.

#7 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ugh, I want this so bad. Need to save my money though.

#8 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think they probably just bumped up the price to make it look like an even better deal, I think they've had it off and on for 299 for a long time. They really didn't need to do that though, cause if you were ever thinking about buying the display this is already a crazy deal.

#9 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

I bit on this at $299 back in December when it only came with Motorstorm and one pair of glasses. I've been happy with the purchase as I use it in the bedroom.

I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I had waited...especially with the extra glasses and the fact that I had The Show preordered.

#10 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Limit 9999 per customer.

Nice to see Newegg has a sense of humor

#11 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Ugh, I want this so bad. Need to save my money though.

same here :lol:
Posted Image

#12 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

So so tempting....

But I have to hold off since I plan on buying an iPad 3 next week (that's ~$700 right there). That and I really dont need this right now, it would be sweet, but I'm the only one who cares for 3D gaming (my wife doesn't even watch TV) and I don't even have space on my room for it as is. If it came with another game, I would buy, but not a MLB game.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#13 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Heads up: I pulled the trigger with newegg and it appears as though newegg splits this order into two different orders wherein the 3D display and MLB are one order for $230.00 while the 2nd pair of glasses is a separate order for $69.99. From what I understand this means you can return the 2nd pair of glasses but keep the 3D plus MLB for $230 and if you sell off MLB for $40 on ebay your grand total for the 3D LCD plus Motorstorm is going to be $190.00!!!

#14 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Heads up: I pulled the trigger with newegg and it appears as though newegg splits this order into two different orders wherein the 3D display and MLB are one order for $230.00 while the 2nd pair of glasses is a separate order for $69.99. From what I understand this means you can return the 2nd pair of glasses but keep the 3D plus MLB for $230 and if you sell off MLB for $40 on ebay your grand total for the 3D LCD plus Motorstorm is going to be $190.00!!!

Interesting - I don't want top start the usual argument about this thing being worth it but for me that's about the right price for what I want to pay.

#15 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Really tempted by this deal. I have a 42 inch plasma though only 720p. Kinda big for my studio apartment but if I can sell that plasma for $200 on craigslist, then this would be $99 for me. Plus I don't watch TV much and my Roku box is my "TV"

#16 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Two things. When ordering from Newegg, if you use Shoprunner, it splits all three items into separate orders it seems.

But here is the catch. All three order/items would be placed under a "Limited Replacement Only Return Policy", which means:

• Return for refund within: non-refundable
  • Return for replacement within: 30 days
Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item, if the original is no longer available. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#17 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Does it include motor storm apacolypse?

#18 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Wow, nice. Now how the Hell do we get Amazon to match a bundle like this?!

#19 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Bought, but already regret my decision... I incorrectly assumed that this could be wall mountable.

#20 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

This was the deal I was waiting for -- the extra pair of glasses and a newly released game that takes advantage of simulview. Thanks OP.

#21 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Two things. When ordering from Newegg, if you use Shoprunner, it splits all three items into separate orders it seems.

But here is the catch. All three order/items would be placed under a "Limited Replacement Only Return Policy", which means:

Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item, if the original is no longer available. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

You are correct. That said: nothing bars you from 'returning' your extra 3D glasses to eBay.

#22 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I keep seeing customer reviews and forum posts about the displays dying after a month or so...is that possibly why they have a limited return on this?

#23 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

You are correct. That said: nothing bars you from 'returning' your extra 3D glasses to eBay.

Yeah, you are correct. I was planning to ebay both the glasses and MLB 12. But I probably have to hold out in the end, cause I really don't need this that much, and would rather spend $300 on a PS Vita than a TV that is unnecessary at the current time. But if it drops lower in overall price, I might have to finally bite.

#24 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

So, so tempting - especially knowing I can sell off The Show for $50+.

Now if it only had a Thunderbolt port ...

(I have to keep finding myself reasons to not buy it!)

#25 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

I keep seeing customer reviews and forum posts about the displays dying after a month or so...is that possibly why they have a limited return on this?

This is the only reason why I haven't already pulled the trigger on this deal.

People generally seem to give it a lot of praise, despite its "small" 24" screen size, but once it does (usually due to power failure I believe) after a month it sours a lot of people's experience with it. I would be pissed as hell.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#26 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

So, so tempting - especially knowing I can sell off The Show for $50+.

Now if it only had a Thunderbolt port ...

(I have to keep finding myself reasons to not buy it!)

FYI you can get a cable for your Thunderbolt from monoprice for about 2 bucks. I've got mine plugged in to an adapter, then hdmi, and it works fine...

#27 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hopefully I can do a return/exchange and get in on this deal at Best Buy. I bought the display on 1/28 and since then I've became a Premier Silver member & they also applied the Premier bonus to that transaction so hopefully that keeps me within the 45-day Silver return policy.

#28 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hopefully I can do a return/exchange and get in on this deal at Best Buy. I bought the display on 1/28 and since then I've became a Premier Silver member & they also applied the Premier bonus to that transaction so hopefully that keeps me within the 45-day Silver return policy.

Might try just calling them up first and asking for a price match - it worked for everyone when the Move bundle got lowered in price and it's a lot easier than returning/rebuying in store.

#29 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

FYI you can get a cable for your Thunderbolt from monoprice for about 2 bucks. I've got mine plugged in to an adapter, then hdmi, and it works fine...

:-$ So evil!! I'm trying to not spend money!

;)

#30 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Might try just calling them up first and asking for a price match - it worked for everyone when the Move bundle got lowered in price and it's a lot easier than returning/rebuying in store.

Calling the store up? I wasn't going to physically bring in the stuff I bought, just the receipt. I don't see why it wouldn't be as easy as just having them do the return/exchange and just adding the glasses and MLB 12 to the order.