Prototype 2 Steelbook + Double-Sided Poster & DLC + Gamer's Magazine @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#1 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Free Gamer's Magazine and/or Double-Sided Poster + DLC and Steelbook Case when you buy Prototype 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3.

Posted Image

Steelbook (PS3 or Xbox 360) - $49.99, was $4.99 (Gift with Purchase)

Release Date: 4/24/12

Double-Sided Poster + DLC - $49.99, was $5.00 (Gift with Pre-Order, DLC will be printed on receipt)

Gamer's Magazine - $4.99 (Gift with Pre-Order, Prototype 2 on cover with free offer in circle)

Spoiler

I see my little secret it out! Working thru the final setups right now online...

Info:
- G1 & G2 sizes
- very limited
- FS Exclusive for pre-orders

More details to come! Good find!

Godwin
Future Shop Product Buyer

Edited by iNCREDiPiNOY, 25 April 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Nice, will have to pre-order.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

According to FS source, PS3 will be G2 sized as well as G1 for Xbox 360. :D

#4 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

According to FS source, PS3 will be G2 sized as well as G1 for Xbox 360. :D

Online only or in store too?

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#5 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Online only or in store too?

Both.

#6 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Are they in the stores yet? I wouldn't mind going to pick up one. I know the poster is in stores right now, don't know about the steelbook.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#7 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Do you get this when you pre order or when you pick the game up?

#8 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I wonder if these will be like the AC3 ones where they are available well before the release date.

Either way I will be picking one up

#9 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Pretty cool looking. I am on the fence about this. It looks pretty cool but the first game kinda got boring so I dunno.

#10 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

I checked store availability and two stores by me have them in stock.

#11 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

was just in BB getting ME3 & the ACIII steel book but didn't see this

FYI:For the Horsham/Philly PA CAG's they have 6 more ME3 CE for PS3 left as of closing last night.

#12 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

It seems like you can buy the steelbook for $5.00 without pre-ordering. Might just do that and wait for a sale on the game.

#13 itzd4n

itzd4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

I wonder if these will be like the AC3 ones where they are available well before the release date.

Either way I will be picking one up

this and,

do you get both the steelbook AND the poster, or choose one or the other when you preorder?

will get one either way as will, just want to know if I have to choose

#14 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I kinda do want to preorder this game for the free Radnet stuff, but I think for now I'll just see what happens if I order the $5 case by itself.
FadeToOne.png

#15 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Shows in stock all around me. I'll check it out later after work. How this physical preorder stuff keeps up. Best was doing physical items when they started (key chain with Lego rock band, demo disk with some games)

#16 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Shows in stock all around me. I'll check it out later after work. How this physical preorder stuff keeps up. Best was doing physical items when they started (key chain with Lego rock band, demo disk with some games)

steelbook says preorder/ships 4/24 for me. posters are instock in store though.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#17 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

After picking up the AC3 steelbook (my first steelbook ever) I've fallen in love with them. Never played Prototype 1 but might pick it up now and finish it before #2.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#18 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

After picking up the AC3 steelbook (my first steelbook ever) I've fallen in love with them. Never played Prototype 1 but might pick it up now and finish it before #2.

It gets expensive, trust me, haha. Hmm this is a little different than the AC III one, since the AC III steelbook is available now to purchase and the game doesn't' come out towards the end of the year or so. And, Prototype II comes out on 4/24- which is the release date for this steelbook. I have no intentions of purchasing Prototype 2 for the retail price, but I'd love to snag the steelbook alone, and wait for a drop on the game.

#19 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

It gets expensive, trust me, haha. Hmm this is a little different than the AC III one, since the AC III steelbook is available now to purchase and the game doesn't' come out towards the end of the year or so. And, Prototype II comes out on 4/24- which is the release date for this steelbook. I have no intentions of purchasing Prototype 2 for the retail price, but I'd love to snag the steelbook alone, and wait for a drop on the game.

Pre-order it. Get the steelbook, buy the game. Return the game.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#20 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hoping this steelbook trend continues with other games.

#21 dominator

dominator

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Damn, that's a beast looking steelbook. I haven't played Prototype 2, but I really want that steelbook. lol

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#22 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

No one has played prototype 2. :)

#23 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I was about to say the same thing lol.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#24 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

I wouldn't mind picking up the steelbook for $5. I'll wait for confirmation on whether I can pick it up in store. As for the game, I can wait on a price drop.
502070.png

#25 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Definitely going today, thank you OP!

Are you sure it's a best buy exclusive though?

Edited by Romeo, 10 March 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#26 htz

htz

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

It seems like you can buy the steelbook for $5.00 without pre-ordering. Might just do that and wait for a sale on the game.

I just went ahead and pre-ordered the steelbook for $5 which is a pre-order for a game. :lol:

I will probably gamefly prototype 2 just like I did the original. The story in the original made no sense but I did have fun causing mayhem with Alex's powers.

#27 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Best Buy also has exclusive DLC:
http://www.destructo...us-220465.phtml

I'm tempted to pick up the Collector's Edition, but I don't know that you'd get this bonus DLC as well (fine print says the code is in the package).

I'd normally try to wait, but that Radnet stuff sounds fun, and I'm guessing is a limited time thing.

#28 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Called two local BB and neither had them in stock. One of them just got in the Assassins creed Steelbook but that was all he got. He said it may be locked to when you purchase the game. I got my AC III from gamestop cause no one else had it. To bad they all dont have them out.

People already trying to profit with them on ebay... http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

#29 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

So their computer says gift with purchase so my bb said no go until release.
Posted Image

#30 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

So their computer says gift with purchase so my bb said no go until release.

Report them to corporate. They are a pre-order promo. The SBs are not going to be shipped to stores to be held for two months.