Photo
- - - - -

$175 GS TIV for ANY PS3 Model (w/PUR 6500 pts) (was $225)

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#1 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

Stop using this thread as a tradelist for coupons. Please use this thread here for that purpose:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=317100

Any other posts in here looking for selling/trading/buying coupons will get deleted. Use the thread at the link above, please.

Get $175 in-store credit when you trade any Playstation system from Monday, March 12, through Sunday, April 1, Redeem now, this coupon is only available until Sunday, March 18!

Terms and Conditions: Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers.Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 4/01/12.

Posted Image

login at www.poweruprewards.com and get the coupon with 6500 points.

Not sure of exact details.
It is on the top banner when the "Rewards Catalog" is selected.

Also theres a deal for this week at Gamestop!

$50 Extra In-Store Credit when you trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 Get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 or Xbox 360. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 03/12/11 - 04/01/12.

So $175+$50 = $225! :)

Just to let everyone know that a total of $24.29 for a pre-owned game netted me 550 points.
I also traded in games where I got $34.20 back and that netted me 740 points. These numbers are just for reference. I am a PUR Pro Member.

20% less if chosen cash over gamestop credit (of base tiv) minus all the promos, if any applied (thanks sasukekun)

10 points per dollar spent on all new games and consoles
20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles
20 points per dollar on traded-in games or consoles
Up to 500 points for activating online, completing your profile and establishing your Game Library (thanks technicalstylez)

DEAL NO LONGER STACKS!! (At the moment)

http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium (Receipt courtesy of SpartenOmega117. Let me know if you want me to take down this picture)

FYI: As others have mentioned, it is recommended in order to do the trade smoothly, the warranty seal must be intact, must include the accessories such as usb, a/v cables, power cable, controller , back up data then format the hard drive (PSN+ members can easily transfer save data by going to Saved Data Utility->Online Storage). Your DLC's will still be in your PSN account in the downloads section of the Playstation Store, as long as you did not gameshare the DLC's, you can still redownload it again onto your new system (think theres about 5 gameshares available per DLC)

Broken PS3?
You'll get ~82 dollars (after the $50 promotion) for a broken PS3. No coupon needed.

Edited by timmywanabreak, 18 March 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#2 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

hmmmm....one of my local stores has a used 60gb system in stock.....even then might want to trade in my current slim and pay 25 more for a new controller as well get a new 1 year warranty. lol

#3 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

This is better than the 360 deal this past week. Gamestop is going to have a hard time making profits off these older consoles.

#4 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Wowzers.

Let my brother in law use my PUR coupon last time when they sent out those PS3 for $200 PUR coupons last year.

It has been pretty much just collecting dust since then.
He'll love this if it does stack up to $225.

#5 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

So the $50 credit was true. I guess I should have waited to trade in my X360, ah well.

#6 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

hope this work like last time...I still have the ps3 from that crazy target $100 off stackable coupon still in the box I could break out and sell the one I use that acts like a space heater!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#7 Seanathan297

Seanathan297

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

Smoking deal if it stacks like last weeks 360 offer. Anyone familiar with what the ps3 refurb fee is? Ive got a 60gb that has a blu ray drive that is going bad, been sitting in its box for over a year. Seems like a good time to get rid of it if the refurb fee is only $20 like the 360's.

#8 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

hmmmmm
to keep my 60 gb ps3 or not to keep my 60 gb ps3.. that is the question.

edit- just checked my account and shows 6500 pts for me. good grief.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#9 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

My bad guys! Its actually 6500 points instead of 5000... :( boooooo

#10 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Damn, 500 points short. Got $30 in GS credit left though from my $140 xbox 360 fat trade-in...time to pick up a cheap used game.

I know the muffin man!

#11 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

The coupon title says any PS3 model yet the body says any PlayStation system. I wonder if that could be argued :lol:

#12 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

The coupon title says any PS3 model yet the body says any PlayStation system. I wonder if that could be argued :lol:

Lol! Try it out :P , I have a fat ps2 sitting here collecting dust... xP

#13 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

Debating if I should also trade in my phatty 60 GB. Guess I could always buy a PS2 if I wanted to play my old games again.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#14 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Debating if I should also trade in my phatty 60 GB. Guess I could always buy a PS2 if I wanted to play my old games again.

I got rid of my 60gb and never looked back. ;)

#15 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Lol! Try it out :P , I have a fat ps2 sitting here collecting dust... xP

Good luck with that....must missed that 150 tiv for phat at amazon last year. (i feel like Iatcg right now lol)

If this stacks again and you got credit to swap at different stores, check out BB unlocked exclusive deals for a 160gb. free upgrade!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#16 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Good luck with that....must missed that 150 tiv for phat at amazon last year. (i feel like Iatcg right now lol)

If this stacks again and you got credit to swap at different stores, check out BB unlocked exclusive deals for a 160gb. free upgrade!

Dang there was 150 tiv for the fat ps2?? :(

Sadly the amount advertised is most likely in Gamestop credit, correct me if im wrong, but dont they usually give less if they're giving straight cash? Or that is what I was told when I traded in some games recently, so I just took the credit lol. But regardless it'll still be a cheap new upgrade :P

#17 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

I hear these 60GB are time bombs. could be a could time to off load. Alas, I'm out of points after the 360 one.

I imagine next week they'll be one for the Wii?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#18 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Dang there was 150 tiv for the fat ps2?? :(

Sadly the amount advertised is most likely in Gamestop credit, correct me if im wrong, but dont they usually give less if they're giving straight cash? Or that is what I was told when I traded in some games recently, so I just took the credit lol. But regardless it'll still be a cheap new upgrade :P

20% less as cash (of base tiv) minus all the promos, if any applied

I've got a 60GB BC that I havent had any problems with, wonder if it's time to upgrade... Decisions...

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#19 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

I hear these 60GB are time bombs. could be a could time to off load. Alas, I'm out of points after the 360 one.

I imagine next week they'll be one for the Wii?

Lol yeah, they overheat easily. I still have my 60gb launch ps3, never had the ylod (knock on wood). But my ps2 does not work anymore...so I really hope this ps3 doesn't go bad on me lol. I hear that you're supposed to give 1 foot room in every direction for the fat ps3's so that it can ventilate and stay a little cooler. Also it should be placed on a completely flat surface (i used to have it on carpet... xD )

#20 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

When mine burnt out, I reflowed the chip with a heat gun, the problem was the incredible amount of dust in there. It was hard to believe. I could see why it over heated.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#21 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

also for those fat owners wondering I've had my launch 120g slim model since well launch in 09' still running and working like a charm:)
Posted Image

#22 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Lol yeah, they overheat easily. I still have my 60gb launch ps3, never had the ylod (knock on wood). But my ps2 does not work anymore...so I really hope this ps3 doesn't go bad on me lol. I hear that you're supposed to give 1 foot room in every direction for the fat ps3's so that it can ventilate and stay a little cooler. Also it should be placed on a completely flat surface (i used to have it on carpet... xD )

Carpet... Hot as those things can get! Melted carpet, extra debris filled... Yeah, you are lucky.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#23 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

This seems like a really good deal. I'm trying to decide if I should trade in my 60gb PS3, which hasn't had any problems since I bought it in 2006.

#24 gsr1379

gsr1379

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

225 Wouldn't be do bad for my day 1 120gb. then pay 75 +tax and get the 320 Uncharted trilogy bundle
(even tho i have all three games)

#25 punkyngo

punkyngo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Considering trading in my 20gb fat PS3 from launch for an upgrade. Works great but it's pretty loud and gets pretty hot. Hmmmm $225 would be nice though.

#26 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

225 Wouldn't be do bad for my day 1 120gb. then pay 75 +tax and get the 320 Uncharted trilogy bundle
(even tho i have all three games)

Trade the 3 Uncharted's in using the Trade 3, get $10 extra promo.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#27 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Dammit. I traded both my 120gb ps3 slim for $150 credit and mw2 xbox phat for $105 credit about 6 months ago thinking I would never see gamestop offer more credit then that.

#28 gsr1379

gsr1379

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

True that would make the $75 even smaller..

Also if you did a trade and buy new you would i think get over 6000 more Points

#29 GILiveRadio

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Have a ps3 with ylod so dont think this deal is for me (unless they'll magically take the console). Although, I am sitting on around 19,000 points in my power up account so might consider selling one or two of these coupons. PM me if you're interested.

:360: GI Mvideoplus
Visit us @ 8bitfix.com

#30 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

When trading in a ps3, are gamestop employees supposed to check to see if it reads discs?

I have a fat ps3 that recently stopped reading discs. The system boots up fine but discs just keep loading forever and nothing happens. I'd be very excited to get $225 for it and upgrade to a slim ps3. What do you guys think my chances are of trading my ps3 in successfully to gamestop?

My ps3 is from the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle and is backwards compatible with ps2 and ps1 discs. It looks absolutely mint. It doesn't even have a fingerprint on the glossy finish because I've hardly ever touched it. I've only ever played through 5 games on the console and I beat them all in a day or two. But I used it to watch blu-rays for a couple years before I bought a blu-ray player. The blu-rays must have worn out the drive pretty fast.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler