Photo
- - - - -

Indie Face Kick Bundle - 2 Days Left + New Game (8 Games + Steam Keys + Charity)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

UPDATE: Bridge It, has been added to all bundles (new and purchased in the past).
2 DAYS LEFT!

z_AMnQOqrNM

Indie Face Kick Bundle

Link: http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Preview Of The Bundle:
Ij_j7IomPbE

Games in the bundle:

They currently are offering 2 bundles:

IFK Wham Bam Bundle:

• 8 Games Above w/ Steam Keys
  • Bridge-It
  • The latest album from FreddeGredde
  • 20% of profits goes to charity
  • Price: $10.00
IFK Wham Bam Pow!:

• Everything above (8 Games/Steam Keys/Music Album)
  • Bridge-It
  • Limited Edition IFK T-Shirt
  • Price: $20.00
Preview of what the shirts may look like:
Spoiler

Charity (20% of profits are going towards): Charity Water

The Email which will contain the keys will be sent to your paypal email.
ALSO, please try and avoid using AOL and Comcast email address as it seems AOL emails bounce on their servers. Try and use either gmail/hotmail/yahoo.

If you encounter any problems, head to the main site and email
the active user on "duty" (bottom right of page) or try and join their steam chat group to settle your issue.

Edited by speedwerd, 18 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#2 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

These GATT guys are ass hats

#3 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

These GATT guys are ass hats

What have they done in the past to make them ass hats lol?
I just discovered this today so I'm lost.

#4 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

What have they done in the past to make them ass hats lol?
I just discovered this today so I'm lost.

http://www.backlogjo...ed-in-face.html

Granted their bundle is legit as far as anyone can tell. All that crap on top of the shennanigans they would pull in their steam group. Event notifications everyone 10 minutes, fake giveaways to lure people into the chat rooms for some unknown reason, people that would ask what they were doing would get booted from chat. Its like its run by a bunch of kids that duped some dev's into handing over keys to them. Thats just my 2 cents however....

#5 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Do not want and will not support.

These guys are as shady and arrogant as they come for the above mentioned reasons.

Support the developers directly if you are interested in games in this bundle. Don't support GATT.

#6 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Wow after reading that, I am tempted to not jump on this deal. Does seem really shady. Was going to buy the bundle mainly for PAM, since I missed it in a previous indie bundle but now I am tempted to not buy it...

#7 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Wow after reading that, I am tempted to not jump on this deal. Does seem really shady. Was going to buy the bundle mainly for PAM, since I missed it in a previous indie bundle but now I am tempted to not buy it...

They're just real douchers, Im sure the bundle is legit...if you want the games and you aren't going to beat yourself up over buying from these guys then do it. The dev's have confirmed that they are going to be in the bundle..so its not like they're selling Russian keys like the ones they were advertising in their site.

#8 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I will never touch anything ran by those guys again. Utter nonsense and a horribly shady project.

#9 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Meh, I went ahead and got it. The bundle itself is legit, if a bit pricey, and it's not the developers fault.

#10 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Meh, I went ahead and got it. The bundle itself is legit, if a bit pricey, and it's not the developers fault.

Most of the dev's had no idea they were even in the bundle, the publishers were the ones that put it in...but yeah its not the fault of the dev's.

#11 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Worst. Trailer. Ever.

How hard is it to look at the Humble Bundle trailers and copy the style? Must be terribly hard, it seems. When the first game ate up over 1/5th of the run time with a nice loooooooooooooooooooooong shot of the title screen and damn little gameplay, all while the pounding techno music blooped away, I rapidly lost interest and I usually buy these sorts of things. Seeing all the warnings about the organizers nailed the lid down on my interest.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#12 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Most of the dev's had no idea they were even in the bundle, the publishers were the ones that put it in...but yeah its not the fault of the dev's.

Well half of them are published by Meridian 4, but as best as I can tell the other half are from little indie developers and don't have a major publisher. Not that Meridian is major, but still.

#13 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Anyone know when this goes live?

MARS

#14 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Not interested in this bundle or supporting these guys. Not a bad list of games, though.

#15 Hunter_Silver

Hunter_Silver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Wow thanks for the post. I heard about this a couple days ago but didn't know about the shadyness. I won't be getting the bundle now.

#16 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

I won't buy it since I have all but 2 games on my steam library. However, reading the backlogjourney blog and reading replies/comments by GamerkeysNet (I guess it's one of their sponsors), this one baffles me:

"Vilify me all you want, but in the end I am happy to say that I sold well in excess of 1000 MW3 keys which means at least $11,800 USD went in the pocket of the Activision.Instead of a complete loss they were able to get something out of it. some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game, I allow them to at least support the devs a little rather than just pirating which could be eaier than anything I detail on the site."

The "some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game" line is ironic. Today's CAG community will always post this in every game deal thread "great deal but i'll buy when it's $20." or "not worth the $60 and I'll get this game for $10" etc. I know that I'm risking by account being locked if I buy a non-US steam key but I just find it ironic since I keep seeing these "i'll buy this for $20 or less" posts on every thread.

#17 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

I won't buy it since I have all but 2 games on my steam library. However, reading the backlogjourney blog and reading replies/comments by GamerkeysNet (I guess it's one of their sponsors), this one baffles me:

"Vilify me all you want, but in the end I am happy to say that I sold well in excess of 1000 MW3 keys which means at least $11,800 USD went in the pocket of the Activision.Instead of a complete loss they were able to get something out of it. some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game, I allow them to at least support the devs a little rather than just pirating which could be eaier than anything I detail on the site."

The "some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game" line is ironic. Today's CAG community will always post this in every game deal thread "great deal but i'll buy when it's $20." or "not worth the $60 and I'll get this game for $10" etc. I know that I'm risking by account being locked if I buy a non-US steam key but I just find it ironic since I keep seeing these "i'll buy this for $20 or less" posts on every thread.

I would call that commercial exploitation, which I would also consider a form of piracy. These douches and their self-righteous attitudes are who anon should really target on the grounds of moral injustice, not personal gain.

#18 JoeDuck

JoeDuck

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

FYI, have it on good authority that Sol Survivor, by far and away, the class of the bundle, will be appearing in a legit bundle very shortly.;)

#19 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

FYI, have it on good authority that Sol Survivor, by far and away, the class of the bundle, will be appearing in a legit bundle very shortly.;)

So, Sol Survivor will be in Humble Bundle 6? If true, that's another reason I should hold off on the Indie Face Kick bundle, lol.

#20 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

Nah, Joe Derp... I mean Duck is the hidden Groupees plant so whatever their next bundle will be.

#21 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

You can bet we'll be looking forward to getting it on the third relaunch attempt!

#22 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

Nah, Joe Derp... I mean Duck is the hidden Groupees plant so whatever their next bundle will be.

Ah ok. Didn't know that.

#23 JoeDuck

JoeDuck

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

You can bet we'll be looking forward to getting it on the third relaunch attempt!

Well played... but these guys got some pretty cool things in the works.

#24 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

I call dibs on the third relaunch, you guys can have the fourth one! ;)

#25 JoeDuck

JoeDuck

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

I call dibs on the third relaunch, you guys can have the fourth one! ;)

Personal foul... unnecessary roughness! ;)

#26 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

I understand the bundle name now. Once you find out how much you have to pay to get these games, it's like getting kicked in the face! :(

#27 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I want to know who the hell is going to shell out 16 dollars for that god awful cafepress looking shirt they are trying to sell with the bundle. These guys are seriously clowns.

#28 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

And if it doesn't crash the servers this time then you guys will be forgiven.

Seriously, PLEASE make sure that situation is sorted out and I would also strongly suggest allowing pre-orders to stagger some of the load. I will almost certainly pre-order unless I have most of the games already.

I feel bad for Groupees because a lot of people, myself included :-P, gave a lot less than we originally intended to due to all the launch issues. Some people probably just gave up too. It's a shame because the game selection was good.

PS - I don't suggest the giving people an extra random gift game because then they will always go 'Waaaah so&so got Game X and I only got Game Y'.

Just keep everyone on the same page or if you want to give something extra for those who gave above average then go for it.

#29 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

CatInTent, kudos to you for sharing your findings with us CAG's. We have a weakness for bundles, one that GATT is trying to exploit. By revealing their true nature, you've saved us all a substantial amount of grief.

I myself will stick with bundles I can trust.

#30 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

@Drabelincoln: Thanks for linking that article. It was certainly eye-opening... especially in the comments section.

This bundle, at any price, isn't much of a deal if it can potentially get your Steam account banned.

Pass on this one.