Photo
- - - - -

Sony Store St. Patty's sale: $1.97 Splatterhouse!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Picked up Splatterhouse @ $1.97 and ElderScroll Oblivion Anniversery Edition Steel case for $14.97. There were a bunch of games at 50% off of their clearance prices (except for Vita games, obviously).
This was at the Madison Ave. store in NYC, and I figure if they had low prices you are likely to find them nationwide.

#2 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Sounds kewl, too bad i've only ever seen one Sony Store in my life and it was hundreds of miles away. The south sucks

#3 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I second that opinion. Didn't even know there was such a thing as a Sony store until I came upon this site 0.o.

#4 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Not sure if this was on sale for St. Patrick's day or just being clearanced, but I picked up Crysis 2 for 9.99 and the last copy of Dark Souls for 14.99 today at the Sony Outlet in Limerick, PA. Those were the only games I was interested in picking up. From what I remember, they also had Bulletstorm for 4.99 (for those who weren't able to find it at BB with the GCU coupon), Alice Madness for 14.99(?), Spiderman Edge of Time 14.99, Dragon Age II for 9.99 as well. Those were the only titles I remembered. They still have Resistance 2 CE for anyone who is looking for that. I don't quite remember the price, but it wasn't too bad.

MisterFleX.png

#5 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Not sure if this was on sale for St. Patrick's day or just being clearanced, but I picked up Crysis 2 for 9.99 and the last copy of Dark Souls for 14.99 today at the Sony Outlet in Limerick, PA. Those were the only games I was interested in picking up. From what I remember, they also had Bulletstorm for 4.99 (for those who weren't able to find it at BB with the GCU coupon), Alice Madness for 14.99(?), Spiderman Edge of Time 14.99, Dragon Age II for 9.99 as well. Those were the only titles I remembered. They still have Resistance 2 CE for anyone who is looking for that. I don't quite remember the price, but it wasn't too bad.

The Sony store around here usually has a generous amount of good games for really cheap, and most people looking for games walking the mall wouldn't ever stop in because out from it's just TV's and laptops on display.

Nice find on the $15 Dark Souls, btw.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm confused by what exactly counts as a Sony Store. If I go to the Sony store store locator, there is only five in the LA area, but I see them all the time in malls, you know selling laptops and Sony TVs.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Picked up Splatterhouse @ $1.97 and ElderScroll Oblivion Anniversery Edition Steel case for $14.97. There were a bunch of games at 50% off of their clearance prices (except for Vita games, obviously).
This was at the Madison Ave. store in NYC, and I figure if they had low prices you are likely to find them nationwide.

What else was there ? Ill probibly stop by there during my penny guides hunt tommorow lol
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#8 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

Darn I was at a Sony store today too. Should have checked this out.

#9 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Ooo... I see they're back to their cheap games! I forgot about them after I didn't see any more $4.99 games there the last time.

Thanks for the mentioning, OP!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#10 LaFerro

LaFerro

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up op.http://www.wpoqww.co.cc/tyuio

#11 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

If anyone is able to get a spare copy of Splatterhouse for $2 I am more than happy to send you the cost+shipping and a little more.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#12 czissis

czissis

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Checked the Aventura FL store, not much other than a bunch of $5 copies of Bulletstorm. About this time last year I got quite a few good deals at the Boca Raton store. I won't be stopping by there but it might be worth it for someone in the area to check out.

#13 vherub

vherub

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

sony nyc store also has darkness 2 for $30 and space marine for $15

#14 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

I got some cheap games while I was in vegas in a sony store. Wish I had one anywhere around me but I don't.

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Saw Alice for 14.xx, DA2 for 9, homefront for 4.97, SC V and never dead for 30

Edit: just remembered Rayman origins was at 19.99 too

Edited by TooPoor, 19 March 2012 - 04:21 AM.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

does the NYC store usually have sales or clearance like this? also, is there any other NYC stores that have video game deals? ANY NYCers please PM me if you know about local deals/stores, thanks

#17 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

gonna have to check this out tomorrow. only problem is that my ex gf works at a store in the mall right across the way... its always a mission trying to get in the sony store without her seeing me. wish me luck!
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#18 wishlish

wishlish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just went to the Sony store in Philly and picked up Spiderman: Edge of Time and Dark Souls for $15 each. (Sorry, I think I snagged the last Dark Souls). Also saw Brink for $10, Rayman Origins for $20 (as previously mentioned), and a bunch more deals.

#19 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

were the prices marked on the games?
gonna check out the local sonystyle :)

#20 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

>St. Patrick's Day
>Splatterhouse sale
Sounds fitting

#21 wishlish

wishlish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

were the prices marked on the games?
gonna check out the local sonystyle :)

In the Philly store, the prices were on an old-school price tag on the spine, and the games on sale had a red sticker.

#22 squinky

squinky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I wandered into the San Diego store by chance last night and picked up Portal 2 for $9.97 and Rayman Origins for $19.97. I believe they also had Crysis 2 for $10 as well, along with a couple others that I'm not currently remembering.

#23 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

it just occured to me these are all ps3 games only, right? i've never actually been to a sony store. would i just be wasting a trip there if i don't have a ps3?

#24 Swizzo

Swizzo

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

I picked up Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 and Dead Space 2 for $9.97 each (not the best deals but not too shabby imo).

#25 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

it just occured to me these are all ps3 games only, right? i've never actually been to a sony store. would i just be wasting a trip there if i don't have a ps3?

Unless you are reselling or flipping then yes you are wasting a trip. You could also hook some cheapies up as well as that's what we do :)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#26 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thx OP! Dallas Galleria location still had a ton of Dead Space 2 limited edition (includes on-rails Wii shooter, Dead Space Extraction; PS Move Compatible) & 1 copy of Homefront (in the back of the store).

EDIT: Went back to get Crysis 2 LE for a homie & they had a couple copies of Portal 2 behind the counter.

Edited by Nucking Futs!, 20 March 2012 - 11:47 PM.

- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#27 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Any orange county (CA) CAGs tried the Sony store at South Coast Plaza?
They remodeled/moved the store, and the couple times I’ve been there since then, they’ve had jack squat for clearance.

#28 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Unless you are reselling or flipping then yes you are wasting a trip. You could also hook some cheapies up as well as that's what we do :)

i was excited to check it out to see if they had xbox 360 games. then i was like "wait, it's a sony store" =;

#29 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hmm... I might stop by the Philly Sony Store, if anyone wants me to see if I can get anything, let me know.

#30 itzd4n

itzd4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Thanks op I managed to snag a coy of the steel case oblivion and home front for $15 and $5 each respectively.

If anyone can get their hands on portal 2 and/or dark souls and would be willing to trade for I got or I can pay you for them. Just shoot me a pm, thx.