The Humble Botanicula Debut - 4/26 non-game bonuses added

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

A new Humble Bundle is now out. This one is games from Amanita Design, including Botanicula which has just been released today. As usual games are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as DRM free downloads. Steam keys are only available for purchases over $5.

The games in the bundle are:
  • Botanicula
  • Machinarium
  • Samorost 2
  • Windosill*
  • Kooky* (a feature length animated film)

*Only for purchases above average.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

4/26 Bonus Update:
Amanita Design is upping the ante with oodles of bonus content: a Botanicula art book & map collection, a Kooky bonus pack featuring behind-the-scenes photographs & concept art film, the independent album Zorya from Machinarium soundtrack artist Floex (a.k.a. Tomáš Dvořák), and the independent album HU from Botanicula soundtrack artist DVA.

And finally, Amanita Design's experimental interactive music project Osada has been added to the main download list above.

Edited by louiedog, 26 April 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#2 Gamien

Gamien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Swords & Soldiers is very fun and unique strategy game. Took me a few hours to beat and was definitely worth the extra money.
Currently Playing
:ds: The World Ends With You
:ps3: Crysis 2

Earn for Charity While You Shop Online - FREE at clickanthropy.org

#3 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's live!

#4 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for this...only really interested in Canabalt though....Swords and Soldier too, but the Average is a bit high right now.

#5 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Canabalt for android?! When did this happen!?
Posted Image

#6 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I believe most, if not all, of these games are making their Android debut with this.

#7 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Today I suppose.

FYI, if you bought the last Android bundle there is now an update for the app. You can add this bundle to it as well and manage all of the apps from the same place. You will need to authenticate your old bundle as well after updating.

#8 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

anyone have input on avadon?? Looks like ultima (which I likey!)

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#9 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

quite tempting!

#10 Smef

Smef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

I love swords and soldiers, so I'm excited to see it coming on Android now! Avadon is tablet-only, but the rest of them work on android phones. There is also a humble bundle app you can now use to keep your apps up-to-date.

Yes, this is the android debut for a lot of these.

#11 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Today I suppose.

FYI, if you bought the last Android bundle there is now an update for the app. You can add this bundle to it as well and manage all of the apps from the same place. You will need to authenticate your old bundle as well after updating.

They have also updated their app so it sends you a push notification in your status bar if there are game updates so you shouldn't have to keep checking back in the app every so often to see if there are updates.

#12 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I love swords and soldiers, so I'm excited to see it coming on Android now! Avadon is tablet-only, but the rest of them work on android phones. There is also a humble bundle app you can now use to keep your apps up-to-date.

Yes, this is the android debut for a lot of these.

the video on the website says it's steam redeemable....

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#13 Smef

Smef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

the video on the website says it's steam redeemable....

That's correct! You also get a steam key for these games. You get one key for Avadon, Cogs, and Zen Bound 2 and a second Steam key for Swords and Soldiers.

#14 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Stupidly I first chose to download Avadon on my tablet. It's going slowly and I can't find a way to cancel it and download a smaller game first. I even restarted the tablet, but when I started it back up and chose Canabalt it resumed Avadon.

#15 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Already have all the Steam games except Zen Bound, but the bundle is totally worth it to get them on Android (now I might actually play them..) - plus Canabalt which I've heard so much about.
76561197996844513.png

#16 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Glad I caught this bundle, was looking for a few games for my phone and tablet, being able to activate them on steam was a plus too.

#17 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Minimum still $1?

#18 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Minimum still $1?

The minimum has always been a penny. $1 is required if you want the games on Steam.

#19 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Minimum still $1?

There is no minimum, however to receive Steam keys you will need to pay $1 or more.

edit: beaten

#20 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'll throw in for a couple of bucks. I have Cogs but not the rest.

#21 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, I already have COGs on both Steam and iPhone, but why not; my Kindle Fire needs some love.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#22 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

That bondage game is pretty relaxing.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#23 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wish you could buy the bundle with a visa. Sigh...
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#24 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wish you could buy the bundle with a visa. Sigh...

Couldn't you checkout with Amazon and use your card there? I payed with my Visa debit card that way.

On an unlrelated note, has anyone tried Avadon on an HP Touchpad running Android? Curious if it works at all since it's "tablets only"

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#25 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

This one will be focused on Android games, but like previous bundles, games will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux.

The last Android bundle included the games on Steam. I have Osmos, Anomaly and Toki Tori in my Steam library for that reason.

Thanks for the heads up, by the way.

#26 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Couldn't you checkout with Amazon and use your card there? I payed with my Visa debit card that way.

On an unlrelated note, has anyone tried Avadon on an HP Touchpad running Android? Curious if it works at all since it's "tablets only"

I can confirm it does work with the HP Touchpad yes. I am running Cyanogen Mod 9 and no problems here with it.

I haven't tried it on CM7 but I dont' see why not. I believe it checks your screen resolution to see if you have what it considers a tablet or not so it should run on tablets with older OSes like Gingerbread (ie Kindle Fire) but since I have not specifically tested on that don't quote me.

I did try it on my phone for the hell of it and it wouldn't run citing the resolution was too low.

#27 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

FYI: Kindle Fire's don't count as "tablets," so Avadon will NOT WORK on a Kindle Fire. The rest work fine, though.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#28 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Put in a $2 -- already have Swords and Soldiers and Cogs. I'll wait to see if they add anything good.

#29 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Put in $6. Don't really know why though. I think it's cuz I got my first smartphone recently and wanted games on it that I'll never play too often. Zen Bound looks neat though... Nothing super exciting however.
Posted Image

#30 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

FYI: Kindle Fire's don't count as "tablets," so Avadon will NOT WORK on a Kindle Fire. The rest work fine, though.

Somebody should mention to the to Humble Guys then. They did test these games beforehand and were really concerned about making sure they worked okay across a range of devices.

The Kindle Fire is the top selling Android tablet to date so I think they really need to address that and people need to report it to them to let them know.