Alright, Michael Bay has gone too far.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

As if he hasn't ruined enough beloved memories from many of our youths, now he wants to make a new Ninja Turtles movie. And best of all? They'll be aliens, yep no mutants in this movie, aliens.

http://movies.yahoo....-202841767.html

Dude is becoming the Uwe Boll of American film.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

So. . .TMNT and the Crystal Skull?

#3 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

The difference between Michael Bay and Uwe Boll is that Bay's movies make money.

But...ugh. I'm afraid of what they will look like. Maybe sponsorships on their shells?

#4 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

So...Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles? Or would they be ninjas since that is an earth-based martial arts system? And would they be turtles since they are an earth-based creature? So...Teenage Alien Fighting Amphibians?
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#5 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Michael Bay is a moron! This is way I hated every Transformers movie he's put out. Their all terrible.

#6 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

OH NO lets fake like we care about childhood tv shows being remade into movies (we don't) and claim we won't see them now (we will) and act like everyone will boycott them with us (they won't).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

As somebody that enjoyed the camp of the original TMNT movies and felt the last CG movie was OK, I'm kinda looking forward to mindless action explosion fest this is going to be. That's the one thing I like about Michael Bay: you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Mind off, explosions on.

#8 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I know the Transformers movies aren't perfect, but I'm never sure what exactly people expected when they go on rants about how they hated them.

They are live action movies about alien robots that disguise themselves as cars, and the source material that they are based off of is a 1980's cartoon for children... What exactly do you want? Best picture of the year material? :lol:

I think the issue is that people want the movies to make them feel as happy as they did when they were watching it at 8 years old. The problem with that is most people have significantly higher expectations as adults in comparison to themselves as a kid, plus it's hard to compete with something that triggers strong nostalgia.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I wonder which racial stereotypes he'll use for this particular movie...

#10 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

I wonder which racial stereotypes he'll use for this particular movie...

Im guessing Asian.

#11 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I know the Transformers movies aren't perfect, but I'm never sure what exactly people expected when they go on rants about how they hated them.

They are live action movies about alien robots that disguise themselves as cars, and the source material that they are based off of is a 1980's cartoon for children... What exactly do you want? Best picture of the year material? :lol:

I think the issue is that people want the movies to make them feel as happy as they did when they were watching it at 8 years old. The problem with that is most people have significantly higher expectations as adults in comparison to themselves as a kid, plus it's hard to compete with something that triggers strong nostalgia.

You're right, I do have high expectations as an adult. And as simple minded as the cartoons were, they didn't feature any characters with wrecking balls not-so-subtlety disguised as testicles or racially stereotyped characters. Hell the movies have been less mature than the cartoon or original movie.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#12 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Im guessing Asian.

Well, with the turtles having different personalities, I'm guessing we'll have a jive or hip hop turtle(maybe even gangster at that rate), a stoner turtle, and probably the Charlie Chan Clan. Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if they gave Splinter HUGE buck teeth and super squinty eyes like Mickey Rourke in Breakfast at Tiffany's...with the accent of course.

#13 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well, with the turtles having different personalities, I'm guessing we'll have a jive or hip hop turtle(maybe even gangster at that rate), a stoner turtle, and probably the Charlie Chan Clan. Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if they gave Splinter HUGE buck teeth and super squinty eyes like Mickey Rourke in Breakfast at Tiffany's...with the accent of course.

Well actually splinter already basically looks like that. Granted the teeth are because he's a rat.

#14 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Have you seen Transformers Prime yet (it airs on The Hub)? It is fantastic and takes the source material seriously and doesn't dumb anything down. It is a perfect example of what the movies should have attempted to do. It is probably the best version of Transformers I've ever seen - I can't say enough good things about it. Definitely check it out if you can - season 1 just came out on blu-ray.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#15 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Well actually splinter already basically looks like that. Granted the teeth are because he's a rat.

True enough, but it wasn't ching-chong-chinaman-esque. Unlike the minstrels from Revenge of the Fallen. I remember the teeth from the cartoon and original comic series and apparently, they weren't that bad from google image or a quick flip through my collection.

Have you seen Transformers Prime yet (it airs on The Hub)? It is fantastic and takes the source material seriously and doesn't dumb anything down. It is a perfect example of what the movies should have attempted to do. It is probably the best version of Transformers I've ever seen - I can't say enough good things about it. Definitely check it out if you can - season 1 just came out on blu-ray.

I've seen some clips of Prime and it looks really good. Better than Beast Wars, which gets a bum rap.

#16 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Yeah no it wasn't like some big buck teeth or fangs ala the WW2 era comics.

#17 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

less humans and randomn t&A and more focus on the robots. also no stupid robot humor and robots using stupid slang terms and and definitely no racial stereotype robots. and no robots with big balls and no robots pissing.

nobody expected oscar worthy material but the transformers films are fucking stupid. how the Fuck can giant robots with weapons that could easily demolish the earth not be able to kill one or 2 particular humans? these movies dont require you to suspend belief they expect you to be retarded.

tits, ass , lame jokes and tons of explosions with no substance.thats all his movies are about and when it comes to some things it just doesnt cut it. the guy is stuck in the 90s.

as far as this turtle movie goes them being aliens is stupid but i dont care the turtles are pretty much a dead property to me. theyve been killed off and resurrected more times than dracula at this point on tv and in films. it sucks they cant come up with something new instead of rehashing the same old shit. hel if you want to refresh something why not flash gordon or bukaroo banzai. im still waiting for a sequel to doctor detroit lol.

#18 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

You know, IIRC the original concept for the turtles was dark, like Batman dark. The only thing we grew up with was the cartoon show/comics and while the first movie was slightly dark (and obviously my favorite for that reason), it was still wacky enough to be a kids movie. If anything, this is an opportunity to actually get closer to the source material and. . .yeah, it's Michael Bay.

Never-fucking-mind.

#19 sharkslope

sharkslope

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Although I hate Michael Bay movies, I accept them for what they are..mindless trash. My problem with him is why does he make movies about a known IP then change it. If you want to make a movie about karate aliens make one, don't make a TMNT movie & change their origin.

#20 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

You know, IIRC the original concept for the turtles was dark, like Batman dark. The only thing we grew up with was the cartoon show/comics and while the first movie was slightly dark (and obviously my favorite for that reason), it was still wacky enough to be a kids movie. If anything, this is an opportunity to actually get closer to the source material and. . .yeah, it's Michael Bay.

Never-fucking-mind.

You remembered correctly. There was lots of killing in the original comic series.

#21 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Never-fucking-mind.

If Chris Nolan got hold of this and wanted to make a dark version, like the original comics were, I'd be all over it. It would be the first time that they'd really be done true to the comics.

#22 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Never-fucking-mind.

yeah the original comic were very dark from what i remember. if he did that id be curious to see how it comes out but i doubt he will itll be pg maybe pg13 at best.

#23 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

You remembered correctly. There was lots of killing in the original comic series.

I wouldn't mind a movie based on that. The original concept was kind of badass. I always wondered why the turtles weren't pissed off that they were... turtles.. in a sewer

#24 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I wouldn't mind a movie based on that. The original concept was kind of badass. I always wondered why the turtles weren't pissed off that they were... turtles.. in a sewer

You should watch Turtles Forever. Its hysterical and those original comic book era turtles make an appearance. I couldnt stop laughing while watching this.

As for the movie.. Teenage Ninja Aliens doesnt really have the same effect as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I wont hate on it yet though. Im not a fan of Transformer movies (then again even as a child I was more a fan of the toys than the cartoons) but I will still give this a chance. It cant be any worse than the last CG Turtles movie. April was a ninja in it! Huh?

#25 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

I still have the ol' Mirage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic, Issue #1 somewhere in storage.

That said, I don't care about the property. However, if I were a fan of any property I'd be pissed if Michael Bay acquired the rights to use it in a film. His mediocre Transformers films is a good example of his, well, mediocrity.

I did like his version of The Island, tho.

#26 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if they gave Splinter HUGE buck teeth and super squinty eyes like Mickey Rourke in Breakfast at Tiffany's...with the accent of course.

Mickey Rooney?

#27 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

This is ridiculous! The turtles don't resemble aliens in any way!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#28 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Mickey Rooney?

Hahaha...yeah, that one. Whoops!:lol:

#29 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

who cares dude?

How many explosions are in this one? LOL

#30 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

yeah the original comic were very dark from what i remember. if he did that id be curious to see how it comes out but i doubt he will itll be pg maybe pg13 at best.

Both the original comic and pretty much all the comics under Mirage were of a more darker tone and almost nothing like the tv show that everyone knows the Turtles from.

I've been a big fan of them for pretty much my whole life. I was an late 80's early 90's kid so I grew up with the show and movies. Once I got a little older I got into the comics and stayed with them all the way up until co-creato Peter Laird sold the rights to Viacom just two(?) years ago. As a huge fan, I'm pretty worried. Though, I will admit that I'm just glad a new movie is being made at this point. I'm a little outraged at the Alien race bit, but I'll reserve my judgment for now, at least until more story details are revealed. Even Mr. Laird himself has stated that it could be an interesting concept. :shrugs:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?