Xenoblade Chronicles + black Classic Controller Pro $64.99 from ShopNintendo

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

I apologize if this was already posted, but Nintendo is selling a bundle on their official online store where you can pre-order and get both Xenoblade Chronicles and a black Classic Controller Pro for $65, $5 less than buying them separately. If you wish, you can just pre-order the game itself from them.

Edited by Zonic505, 22 March 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Ooo a $5.00 savings.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 marlboro2

marlboro2

Old time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

5 bucks is 5 bucks! Thanks OP

#4 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ooo a $5.00 savings.

Got to love the trolls
Don't hate cuz your favorite game sux bro
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#5 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Got to love the trolls
Don't hate cuz your favorite game sux bro

Not a Troll, and how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00? Don't assume stuff.

Oh, and about the game in my sig saying it sucks: Who's the Troll now? I bet you're the one who rated this thread one star too.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#6 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

Ooo a $5.00 savings.

how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00?

Should had been "Ooo a $5.00 savings!" if you were truly happy.;) Honestly just thank the OP or don't post a remark. Somebody will be interested in the deal like marlboro2. My $0.02.

#7 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Even though I'm going to need the controller for this, I think I'd rather have the art book from GameStop.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#8 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Not a Troll, and how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00? Don't assume stuff.

Oh, and about the game in my sig saying it sucks: Who's the Troll now? I bet you're the one who rated this thread one star too.

Took of the banner pretty quick or just didnt load properly?

#9 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Even though I'm going to need the controller for this, I think I'd rather have the art book from GameStop.

Same. I got the gold one from the Goldeneye Bundle anyways. They still have some left @ Walmart for $30: http://www.walmart.c...ii-Wii/15237957

#10 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm not really fond of the golden one. One of my local Walmarts still has Monster Hunter Tri with the black controller. I'm thinking about picking that up.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#11 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Took of the banner pretty quick or just didnt load properly?

Sig banners only load on a page a few times for whatever reason.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#12 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

I think I'm going to stick with my GS preorder, if I didn't have a Classic Controller Pro I would have gone with this though.

Sig banners only load on a page a few times for whatever reason.

Only once per page, I'm guessing to save bandwidth and not to clutter the page.

#13 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

Anyone else disappointed it's not the Red Classic Controller that the UK folk had in their CE?

I'd totally consider if it was, but for a regular black one, meh.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#14 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Anyone else disappointed it's not the Red Classic Controller that the UK folk had in their CE?

Yes!!!! I almost imported it just for that reason but held out. I haven't looked up prices on the controller in a while but I'm sure they are expensive.

#15 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hmm, I don't think the sarcasm invalidates the point. $5 in savings is quite measly for a bundle. Then again I have been enough times to Best Buy to know what try terribly deals "bundles" can have. This isn't the worst of savings, but its far from good.

#16 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Plus there's tax on the bundle too through Nintendo, so I'd say there's better avenues for savings. IMO.

Also, Official Red CC sold from the UK on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/...ff#ht_752wt_932

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#17 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

My question is, will this come as a Special Edition with a large box? Or will they just send a regularly packaged Classic Controller Pro? The wording of the article has hints of both.

If this is a true Special Edition with a bigger box, this just reeks collectibility imo. I mean, only available on Nintendo's online store? I need a Classic Controller too but until I get more info I'll stick with the Gamestop preorder.

#18 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

My question is, will this come as a Special Edition with a large box? Or will they just send a regularly packaged Classic Controller Pro? The wording of the article has hints of both.

If this is a true Special Edition with a bigger box, this just reeks collectibility imo. I mean, only available on Nintendo's online store? I need a Classic Controller too but until I get more info I'll stick with the Gamestop preorder.

What he said.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#19 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

If I have a regular classic controller will I be fine?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#20 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

My guess is considering its supposed to be a bundle, that it will just be two separate items. I wouldn't hold my breath on it becoming a collectible.

edit: on second thought, it does say special bundle...so maybe it is unique. It also does say limited edition bundle.....but its a regular black controller pro....not even red. Is it really worth it?

#21 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

I thought that the pro controller added extra bumpers. I personally never used the regular classic controller, so maybe I'm mistaken.

#22 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Nintendo is calling this a "Special Bundle Version" but there is no mention of any combined packaging. If it's similar to the Zelda Skyward Sword bundle or the European CE, it might be worth having, but there's no indication that's the case.

#23 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Here I guess was the UK version youtube vid some dude

#24 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Is this just for a copy of the game and controller separately, or will it be boxed together? I'd be in if it's boxed together.

That's how I played the import. You'll have no problems.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#25 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

Yup I got the Skyward Sword Bundle even though I had already gotten WM+ controller. If this was the red controller I'd have jumped all over it no question. Looks like I'll be playing this game with the regular classic controller without the grips then.

#26 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

Yes, it supports the Wiimote and Nunchuck set-up, just like Monster Hunter did.

GoldenEye 007, even though sold with the Pro, plays better with Wiimote/Nunchuck IMHO.

It all comes down to personal preference. If your not sure how you want to play, pick up a used Wii Classic Controller--if u think you prefer it, then you can flip it and buy a Controller Pro.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#27 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

I just picked up a classic controller for $5 at a pawn shop a few weeks back so i am not hurting for one, although if this special bundle also included extra stuff like a SE/CE then i would defiantly pick it up.

Even if it's just $5, $5 is $5. If it saved me a $1 i would go for it :p

#28 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

I thought that the pro controller added extra bumpers. I personally never used the regular classic controller, so maybe I'm mistaken.

No, it only added extra plastic.

#29 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

No, it only added extra plastic.

Ah good to know. Never had the chance of testing them out since I only bought one when the pro came out.

#30 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Ah good to know. Never had the chance of testing them out since I only bought one when the pro came out.

The pro's a lot more comfortable anyways. You dont have to curl your fingers around to hit the zL and zR buttons on the pro