Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

• Please log in to reply
783 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Price is an ouch, but then I think the PC version is the same price. It will have splitscreen multiplayer, which I approve of, as well as over Xbox Live. I'm not really that big into Minecraft myself, but my kids are and they will want it.

http://majornelson.c...ng-arcade-next/

http://marketplace.x...cid=majornelson

Edited by crunchewy, 23 May 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Crunchewy.png

#2 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Minecraft is $26.95 on the PC so the Xbox price is reasonable.

#3 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Am I imagining things, or wasn't this originally planned to be a retail release with kinect support?

#4 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Kinect support is supposedly not going to be in at release, but will come in an update. At least that's the last thing I read. I doubt it was ever going to be a retail release.

Crunchewy.png

#5 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

never played minecraft before so ill have to check this out.

#6 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

$20 seems like a lot, that price puts me off if I'm honest.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#7 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Kinect support is supposedly not going to be in at release, but will come in an update. At least that's the last thing I read. I doubt it was ever going to be a retail release.

Good. That gives me time to figure out how to not jump on my couch like a little girl as my Kinect snaps a picture when a Creeper pops up out of nowhere.

#8 infamy

infamy

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

$20 seems like a lot, that price puts me off if I'm honest.

Good thing you didn't buy it on pc then. Costs cheaper on Xbox.

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#9 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Good thing you didn't buy it on pc then. Costs cheaper on Xbox.

Yeah I guess, I keep thinking back to the people that paid $10 or whatever during the alpha, but yes it is $27 if you want to buy it now.

For me Minecraft is a "would be fun to try for a bit" game, not something I see myself putting a lot of time into, thus 1600 points is too much.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#10 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

My kids absolutely *love* Minecraft and have put a lot of time into the Mac version. They are excited about the 360 version. I like that it has splitscreen multiplayer as now they'll be able to play together. What's unclear to me is how many players it allows that way. If it allows up to 4, it would be fun to play it with them - that'd make 3 of us.

Crunchewy.png

#11 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm looking forward to finally jumping on the Minecraft bandwagon. 1600 points is cheaper than the PC version and it'll be nice to have a pleasant and creative diversion to blowing things up and saving the planet.

#12 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

it might be cheaper on xbox, but the controls might be much easier to use on the PC...so for a few extra bucks, ease of use trumps a small savings.

#13 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

it might be cheaper on xbox, but the controls might be much easier to use on the PC...so for a few extra bucks, ease of use trumps a small savings.

Not really all that fussed about priced, just like playing my games on the couch as opposed to using my piece of shit laptop.

#14 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Not really all that fussed about priced, just like playing my games on the couch as opposed to using my piece of shit laptop.

you know...if you have a laptop you can play on the couch too.

#15 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

you know...if you have a laptop you can play on the couch too.

Right, but he said it's a piece of shit. LOL.

It's hard to say how well this game will play on a console, but given how well Plants vs. Zombies translated, and I didn't think it would, maybe these folks have nailed the controls as well. Only one way to find out....

Also, split screen. My kids will be able to play it together. If it supports up to 4 players (do we know?) then I'll play it with them too. That would be fun.

Crunchewy.png

#16 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Right, but he said it's a piece of shit. LOL.

It's hard to say how well this game will play on a console, but given how well Plants vs. Zombies translated, and I didn't think it would, maybe these folks have nailed the controls as well. Only one way to find out....

Also, split screen. My kids will be able to play it together. If it supports up to 4 players (do we know?) then I'll play it with them too. That would be fun.

tru dat.

I wasn't a fan of PvZ on the console, though imo the tablet was the best version...touch controls just made it a lot more fun.

It's not the play but the building of minecraft that I was commenting on, Forge for Reach while an awesome tool probably would have been much easier and quicker to build some of the incredible maps and creations posted. im sure it's fun on the console as I prefer console for some games over pc controls.

#17 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

I wonder if the all future versions argument is going to pop back up again. (I forget the exact wording but I remember a slight dust-up coming from alpha purchasers)
sudo mklove

#18 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

I doubt it is, but is cross platform play an option?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I doubt it is, but is cross platform play an option?

no.

#20 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

From what I've read, but I'm not sure how recent it is, this will *not* have creative mode at launch. Which might just be a deal killer for my kids. Only one of them likes the survival mode, and both like creative mode. It's supposed to come in a later update, but who knows when that will be.

Crunchewy.png

#21 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

!

looking great!!!

#22 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

no.

Everything I read says....
The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft will include Kinect support and cross-platform play with the PC copy
... so yes?

Either way, I have it for PC, and i'm in for 360 as well. While the control will obviously be better on PC, the new interface and community on live makes it a buy for me. Most of my 360 friends never played MC at all so it should be plenty of fun.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

crossplatform play would be amazing! we'll find out for sure in a short time...

#24 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

I tried the PC version of this "game" and didn't get it. I'll try the 360 version, but I highly doubt I'll be picking it up. Especially since it is a $20 game. Maybe if it was $5 I'd pick it up.

#25 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

I tried the PC version of this "game" and didn't get it. I'll try the 360 version, but I highly doubt I'll be picking it up. Especially since it is a $20 game. Maybe if it was $5 I'd pick it up.

What's to get? You build shit.

#26 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

From what I've read, but I'm not sure how recent it is, this will *not* have creative mode at launch. Which might just be a deal killer for my kids. Only one of them likes the survival mode, and both like creative mode. It's supposed to come in a later update, but who knows when that will be.

After a lot of reading I find the whole update thing for Minecraft 360 to be pretty odd.

They said that Microsoft will only add an update 2 months after it's submitted or something, but their finally breaking their ties to that for the 1st time and will accept updates as they come just like the PC versions. So it might not take TOO long. Who knows though.

I wonder how it's going to handle player skins.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Very disappointing:

sudo mklove

#28 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

is there public matchmaking? I don't know if any friends are getting this...

#29 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Regarding world size, apparently others found the world took hours to travel across, so the info is inconsistent. And I believe not a final build. Maybe the final version will be small - we will find out soon enough.

Crunchewy.png

#30 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Regarding world size, apparently others found the world took hours to travel across, so the info is inconsistent. And I believe not a final build. Maybe the final version will be small - we will find out soon enough.

I have a feeling there will be a size increase on every update till the cross platforming with PC hits. For obvious reasons.

Thankfully it's still bigger than Total Miner.

Posted ImagePosted Image