Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster - Xbox 360 Kinect $9.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

For those with kids or maybe you need to own this game for yourself, BB has Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster for $9.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...42757&lp=1&cp=1

#2 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

i just saw this too was about to post haha

#3 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

I know a few poeple whos kids would just love this game. Mabye ita time for uncle strait edge to buy a few copys of this :)
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#4 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

That's tempting, my daughter is too old and my son is too young, though. Great price for that one.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

I've been wanting to get this for my son. Every time we go to blockbuster he grabs it and wants me to rent it. I had a $5 rewards cert. so for $5 it's hard to say no. Thanks OP.

#6 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

missed it last time w/ the gamer mag coupon so i picked 1 up w/ a giftcard right now. thanks op
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#7 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

thanks, been eyeing it at 20, 10 is the sweet spot

#8 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

What's the gameplay like? I don't really like SS that much but love the team behind this game.

#9 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Online only?

#10 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Nice, thanks. I grabbed this along with the $1 Death Race blu-ray.

#11 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

What's the gameplay like? I don't really like SS that much but love the team behind this game.

It's party style gameplay (grab this, throw this, dress this monster up, dance dance) but with Sesame Street characters. Unfortunately, it's painful to play. I really like Double Fine & I loved the idea of this game, but the flaws were too much and my daughter no longer wants to play it.

When it actually worked, the kids had a lot of fun. But there have been some tear-inducing moments for both of us trying to get it to work. In our experience, the detection is really bad (especially for a parent and a kid). It loses us constantly, there is poor recognition of gestures, and sometimes you can stop/stand still and the game keeps you moving. There are annoying things, like movies you can't skip. And plain stupid things, like not being able to continue the game if I sign in before my daughter (we have to completely logout, have her login first, watch the unskippable intro movie for the 20th time, just so it can find the right save file).

Sorry, nobody asked for a mini-review, but thought I'd toss it out there for those considering this deal. We picked it up for $10 before Christmas (Best Buy sale+coupon deal) and despite the potential, this game sucked.

#12 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

^^^^^ For what it's worth, my 5 year old son really enjoys this game - more than any other kinect game. The only problems he has are really kinect detection, but it's not too frequent.

I agree that parent / kids playing together doesn't work well, but that's a problem with kinect in general. I have to sit or stand on my knees for it to work for us both.
Posted Image

#13 CoffeeWolf74

CoffeeWolf74

Rocket ridin' son of a gun...WOOOOOO!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Online only?

It was in my Sunday newspaper, so there you go.

#14 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

It's almost all very simon saysish. I wouldn't recommend buying it unless it's for your children. If you have very young children (3-4 then you're going to have to play with them which is fine - easy achievements).

#15 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

My 3 year old loves to play this and its easy enough for him and his 5 year old cousin to play together. Got it for 10 after the gamer coupon during the holidays. Great price for a kids game. Keep an eye out for copies with 400 microsoft points included.

#16 spectre666

spectre666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

For $10 I'll try it.

#17 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

It came with 400 Microsoft Points inside at release, just an FYI. Flipped a couple when BB had it for $20 with coupon in November.

#18 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just in time for my $20 ME3 pre-order certificate... any day now!

Is this a week-long deal, or daily?

#19 ExplodingRat

ExplodingRat

KaaaaBLAM.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Thanks OP, picked one up for the ol' collection.
Posted Image

#20 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Been wanting this for my daughter and the price is right. Thanks to the OP.

#21 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Got it for $5 with a Reward Zone cert. Between this and a $5.98 Kinect Joy Ride from Target the other day, my Kinect collection is off to a cheap start. Now to see if the Kinect goes on sale for $100 again any time soon.

Thanks OP.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#22 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Got it for $5 with a Reward Zone cert. Between this and a $5.98 Kinect Joy Ride from Target the other day, my Kinect collection is off to a cheap start. Now to see if the Kinect goes on sale for $100 again any time soon.

Thanks OP.

Good news. It's $100 at Best Buy right now.

#23 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Good find. Another thing for the Easter basket. Thanks OP.

#24 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I just picked this up in store for $9.99. My copy also included a code for 480 MS points.
Awesome!

#25 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

wonder if any new dlc will be coming out for this. I bought this on Black Friday last year and trded it in after getting all the achievements, including the dlc already out. It is one of the better Kinect games out there. I have no kids of my own though so it has little to no replay value for me. lol. It's a cute game though. Definitley worth trying out, even if you dont have kids.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#26 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ordered it since I had a gift card with 1.12 left on a gift card from the christmas screw ups and put the rest on that free serve card with 10 dollars on it from american express that I got from the contest forums.

#27 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

picked this up so i could play with my nephew. Thanks OP
Spoiler

#28 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

When it actually worked, the kids had a lot of fun. But there have been some tear-inducing moments for both of us trying to get it to work. In our experience, the detection is really bad (especially for a parent and a kid). It loses us constantly, there is poor recognition of gestures, and sometimes you can stop/stand still and the game keeps you moving. There are annoying things, like movies you can't skip. And plain stupid things, like not being able to continue the game if I sign in before my daughter (we have to completely logout, have her login first, watch the unskippable intro movie for the 20th time, just so it can find the right save file).

Sorry, nobody asked for a mini-review, but thought I'd toss it out there for those considering this deal. We picked it up for $10 before Christmas (Best Buy sale+coupon deal) and despite the potential, this game sucked.

My kids loved it and we played it quite a bit even after they finished it. I will agree that some of the detection is a little off at times, but overall a pretty good game and definitely worth the $10 if you have a little Sesame Street fan.

As for the intro movie, you can skip it. Don't know why you were having trouble with that, but I know this for a fact because I use to playfully argue with my 5-year-old who wanted to watch it EVERY time we turned it on. You just wave your hand like you're turning the page; a little icon will pop up in the top corner of the screen. Do you have Live? Maybe its something that was patched...

#29 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Damn I thought mine came with 480 MSP since I heard another piece of paper in the case...it was a damn coupon.

Oh well, will be worth a $2 rental I suppose once I trade it in.

#30 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Is there a specific marking (sticker, etc) that tells you there's a 480 points code with it?