Any Video Game Composers here?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alangee

alangee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

I've been a member of the CAG community for a moment, but only until today did it cross my mind to ask: Do we have any VGM composers here?

I'm a long-time student of music and still have lots of growing to do. Fortunately, I am working on a project that is still in development called "Breeze in the Clouds".
At it's core, it's a platformer. But it'll have other genre elements to give it a zing. I'm currently working on the music along with a well-known youtube composer: Aivi Tran (waltzforluma).

Please take a moment to check out our music at my page (alangee15):
http://www.youtube.com/alangee15

& Aivi's page:
http://www.youtube.com/waltzforluma

And I welcome all VGM composers and VGM music lovers to join a huge community I just found out about on facebook for composers and like-minded people: YTGC (YouTube Game Composers):
http://www.facebook....44285362264355/

Please share your compositions here no matter how minimal you might believe they are. I'll be more than happy to share my thoughts, retweets, subcribes, likes, et cetera :)

#2 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Not a composer myself, but I may be in the market for one in the future. Any suggestions on how to go about contracting a composer for a low budget indie game?
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#3 alangee

alangee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

Not a composer myself, but I may be in the market for one in the future. Any suggestions on how to go about contracting a composer for a low budget indie game?

Definitely have some presentable material at the point you talk to the composer. It's very hard to work on a video game that is still in very early stages of development. Have your characters fully developed, story lines, level design, and the direction you're taking the game aesthetically and emotionally.

#4 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I've always been into making music and playing instruments, but around 2007, when I really started listening to what Akira Yamaoka was doing, my outlook completely changed and focused on capturing what he is able to convey through music. So, I started creating. I've released a little bit of music here and there, but if anybody wants to check some of the stuff out, it's always nice hearing feedback, whether it be positive or negative. I more enjoy hearing what I can improve upon, because, let's face it... Nothing's ever perfect.

1HBhI7o8EzA?hd=1

8IkeBIUFQHg

Both tracks are inspired by Yamaoka, but at different ends of the spectrum, I think.

My Bandcamp is linked in my signature too, and all my stuff is always available for free download. Like I said, more than anything, I love feedback.

76561198003985248.png

#5 alangee

alangee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Both tracks are inspired by Yamaoka, but at different ends of the spectrum, I think.

My Bandcamp is linked in my signature too, and all my stuff is always available for free download. Like I said, more than anything, I love feedback.

Never heard of Yamaoka, but I will definitely check him out asap. Your tracks are very heavy and take a toll. You convey that very well with your music. "Abandon" was a treat to listen to.

What software are you using? Fruity Loops? Your chord progressions are pretty solid, but melodically, the tunes can be a bit jumbled. But I think this was your intention in the first place. A good example of what I mean is the tune "Kaiull". I really enjoyed the track, but it was a bit confusing to get through. Regardless, I never stopped it because I did enjoy it. So it's neither positive or negative :)

I'll look forward to more of your uploads on YouTube.