• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

http://www.gamestrea...odern-times-dlc

Not sure if this is just a price error or what, but you can grab the Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC (list price $19.99) for $4.99 at gamestreamer.com

Contrary to the websites name, it's not a steaming service (ALA OnLive), it's just another download site.

It is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Steam version

I grabbed it last night, entered the serial in my (US) Amazon copy of Tropico 4, and it download perfectly (650'ish MBs) and booted up no problem. After purchasing, your serial number is displayed, just toss it in the Tropico 4 launcher, and you are good to go.

Enjoy!
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2 Cbarnes86

Cbarnes86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Great find man, downloading now. Love Tropico. I can't believe I got Tropico 4 AND this DLC for 10 bucks!

PS. I just hope this doesn't happen like another deal I found on here from a third party website that gave me a key for "The Sims 3 Pets" and got my EA account banned.

Edited by Cbarnes86, 30 March 2012 - 01:24 PM.
PS

#3 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

thanks for including the note about the Steam version in the OP

guess I'll have to wait for the eventual Steam sale

#4 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Good find OP. Paid with Paypal and plugged the key into the launcher with no issues.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#5 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I thought Tropico 4 was a Steamworks game, isn't it?

decker%2001.jpg

#6 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks a ton OP! Was really looking forward to it and did not want to spend $20 on it while buying the game for $4

#7 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Negative. The Steam version is the unique "Steam Special Edition" and can only be purchased on Steam.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#8 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yes and no. A lot of games have unique Steam-only Steamworks versions. It's a growing trend.

#9 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Anybody else have any experiences with gamestreamer? This is a nice price, but are they on the up-and-up?

#10 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Anybody else have any experiences with gamestreamer? This is a nice price, but are they on the up-and-up?

It looks like at least 3 of us have bought the game and registered the key with Kalypso fine. Multiple reputable sites (Gamasutra, for example) have articles referencing them. I would say that all points to legit.

#11 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Glad to see people are getting in on this deal!

Oh, and gamestreamer is linked directly from the Paradox website as a digital storefront, so no worries there.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#12 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well... you guys talked me into it. Enablers....

Thanks!

#13 jjknap

jjknap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

I bought it. Worked fine. I purchased Tropico 4 from Amazon last Thanksgiving.

#14 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Well.... the code I got doesn't work. When I put it into the Kalypso launcher, I get an "invalid code" message. :wall:

#15 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Well.... the code I got doesn't work. When I put it into the Kalypso launcher, I get an "invalid code" message. :wall:

Are you sure you got the whole code in? When I copy/pasted mine it missed the last 4 letters so I had to manually type them in.

#16 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Are you sure you got the whole code in? When I copy/pasted mine it missed the last 4 letters so I had to manually type them in.

Yeah, I manually typed it 6 or 7 times, then tried copy/pasting both from my email and my account page at gamestreamer's website a few more times. No dice. I sent them an email, but I imagine I won't even hear back until Monday. :censored:

#17 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Quick update: I got a replacement key earlier today, and it worked fine. I'm impressed with the support I got from gamestreamer.

#18 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Worked great. Combo'd this up with Gamersgate's Tropico sale this weekend.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image