Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

:applause:

Bravo, good sir.

#3 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Another hilarious vid of a kid crying cause Cena lost.

#4 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Bravo. :applause:

WWE can talk about 'Once in a Lifetime' and 'End of an Era' all they want, but this is what I'll remember WM28 for.

Response from last thread:

I get what you are saying, but what exactly did you want them to do with the cell? You say you wanted the cell used more in the match, what other way could it have been used besides as a weapon, because like I said, you surely don't expect them to climb it.

I don't think it needed to be a hiac match either, but for different reasons. I don't think at this point an Undertaker Wrestlemania match needs any extra gimmicks added to it. The streak is more than enough to make it a compelling match.

It's been pretty much established that normal wrestling isn't enough to beat UT, so I feel weapons are fine in the match. Neither of these men can put on technical clinics, so we get a hardcore style match, and I'm fine with that.

You're not wrong for not liking the match, that's your opinion. I just felt like opening a debate about what more you would have liked to have seen. I personally thought the match was great, but I would have liked to have seen a Last Ride, and I would have done away with the ref run in. More finisher reversals would have been good also.

That's fair. It's tough to armchair book it from the perspective of not wanting it to be HiaC anyway, but I would have at least gone outside. A nice 'driven through a panel' spot would've worked for me, possibly leading to the destruction of the (shockingly still standing by the end of the event) Spanish announce table. Taking that further, if they're outside, it's pretty easy and not extremely dangerous to do a table spot that doesn't involve climbing all the way up, similar to the first HiaC match. Working that into the context of the match, HHH beats Taker down, somehow ends up driving him through the cage wall. Taker no sells, sits up, HHH's escape is blocked by the fallen cage portion on one side and Taker on the other, so he starts climbing up. Gets a few feet up, Taker pulls him off and through the annouce table. HHH gets time to recover because Michaels won't let Taker near him. The rest of the match can play out the same way.

The flipside of that idea would be to have Michaels be behind whoever goes through the cage, leading to a series of pinfalls, submissions, whatever, where there just isn't a ref. Build it so each man has technically 'won' a number of falls without winning the match.

I'm pulling these out of my ass, so I won't even claim they're good ideas. At the very least, though, they make use of the caged environment.

I agree that the matches don't need gimmicks, but my armchair booking idea last night was to have made it a casket match. Same build, but now you have the added 'oomph' of Taker reminding both Michaels and HHH that it's the match which cost HBK four years of his career, and almost ended it completely. If you're going to work with the history of these men, it's a way to use a gimmick that actually means something. It adds more drama to it, because it wouldn't just be Michaels helping a friend to do what he couldn't... it'd be him remembering just how much Taker has cost him.

Anyway, it was an okay match. What baffles me is how much praise it seems to be getting. I'm more than happy to agree to disagree on this one, but I didn't think it was that special. I ranted about it already, but the 'end of an era' thing bugged me, since it seemed like WWE was promoting it like there was so much on the line... but they never bothered to tell us what. Taker loses, the Streak ends. Fine. HHH loses, and... uh... yeah. I have no idea. Overall, I'm disappointed that they went with repeats instead of laying out a unique match that really fit the occassion.

#5 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Another hilarious vid of a kid crying cause Cena lost.

These are good for a quick laugh because I don't personally know the kids, but the parents are fucking assholes for posting these online. Actually, most of them seem like assholes in general.

#6 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

APRIL FOOLS!

Oh, wait, that's for real.

Look at how proud he is. He earned that... the most coveted prize in the industry with a hard fought victory. A match for the ages. Even as the loser, Bryan should be proud of his performance. I chanted along with the crowd as the show went to black. "Thank you Bryan, ~clap clap, clap-clap-clap~"

Wait... that didn't happen at all.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#7 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Perfect thread title is perfect.:applause::applause::applause:

Now, on to something that will actually be worth the asking price; ECW Unreleased Vol.1. Joey Styles posted the full match listing for the DVD set (Blu-Ray gets two extra matches) on his Facebook page. Spoilered because you know some lazy fucker would bitch about having to scroll past it.

Spoiler

Looks like a great line-up. Not crazy about getting Sabu Vs. Taz yet again, but oh well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#8 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

How did Sheamus not spontaneously combust in that Miami sun?

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#9 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well, at least I can say I paid a fraction of the price for a wresting PPV this weekend that was a hundred times better thanks to Dragon Gate.

#10 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I second that.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#11 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wait a minute, THAT'S why the match was so short!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#12 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

That's why I think he won in 18 seconds. He stood the chance of turning as red as a lobster out there if he had been out there for a 20 minute match...which would have been awesome when he came out to "It's a shameful thing, Lobsterhead" tonight on Raw.

#13 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I genuinely laughed when I read the thread title. If I had a hat, I'd tip it right now.

And I thought the Irish stave off the effects of the sun by getting blistering drunk? Or was it by rubbing themselves with potatoes? Hmm.

#14 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Best thread title I have seen on this site so far. Bravo sir.
I am a known WWE apologizer, but that left a sour feeling in my stomach for the rest of the night. There was no reason whatsoever for him to be squashed. I knew he was going to lose but argh. :wall:

#15 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

The second ROH show was great. I LOVED Elgin-Richards. Davey was great and was believably intense as opposed to a guy acting like he was supposed to be intense. He only made one goofy face in the whole match and allowed Elgin to shine. I thought for sure that Elgin had the title won during the last crossface, but I'm glad they kept it on Davey. Everyone who took part in this match, from the competitors to the commentary team really made this seem like something special. And it wasn't like it was built up for any real length of time - out of essentially nowhere, they just had an outstanding match that did as much to make Elgin in one night as anything could. Nigel had his best showing yet on commentary - he had a slightly rocky start to the role, but has grown into it very well and relatively quickly.

#16 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Damn, he's so white that he kind of blends into the background of the sky. You think the WWE camera guys use him to adjust the white balance of their cameras? :lol: This is a guy who makes Jim Gaffigan look tanned.

Alright that's all of the pale jokes I can think of.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#17 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Did anyone catch the pre show tag match? It was actually a pretty decent match.

#18 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I ranted about it already, but the 'end of an era' thing bugged me, since it seemed like WWE was promoting it like there was so much on the line... but they never bothered to tell us what. Taker loses, the Streak ends. Fine. HHH loses, and... uh... yeah. I have no idea.

JR kept saying shit about "you will never see Shawn Michaels in a WWE ring ever again", which was also completely un-fucking-explained.

Also, the saddest thing about the DB squash was how over he seemed to be in Miami. That was a dickload of YES! signs.

Oh, and,

Inane off-topic shit.

I don't normally mind what you have to say, but why the Fuck do you always pop in and start babbling about it when it's completely out of context or off-topic? If you're going to give your commentaries and what not, that's fine.. but do it during the part of the thread where people are actively talking about it, not several pages and a new thread later.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#19 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

What's off-topic about writing about a wrestling match in a wrestling thread?

#20 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

From previous thread:

And plenty had changed in those five or so years. The guys came into the WWF at different "eras" if you want to call it that. HHH's biggest time was the attitude era, with Rock and Austin etc. That wasn't Taker's era, that was the beginning of, what I think, was the worst time for that character, when they eventually turned him into nothing more than some tatted up biker.

Problem is that most of the guys that debuted around 1990 with him are either dead or retired by now.

I'd beg to differ. Undertaker's character debuted in November 1990 at the age of 26. Hunter Hearst Helmsley showed up in ads in early 1995, getting on TV regularly after Mania. Shortly after debuting on TV, he turned... 26.

Not many guys get pushes the way the Undertaker did in 1990-1992. Also, he was written off of TV for most of 1994 (Rumble-SummerSlam).

At the time of 1990-1991 when Undertaker debuted, many of the top stars were old or retiring. Guys in the match he debuted in were aging; Dusty Rhodes was 45 at the time. Ted Dibiase was 36 and had only 4 years of active wrestle status left in him. Bret Hart, a man who 2 years later would be closely associated with Shawn Michaels as the top acts that drove WWF from the Hogan Era to the Attitude Era was 33 when Undertaker debuted and didn't even get a real shot at a singles run (at the IC) at 34, during a time when the Undertaker was pinning Hulk Hogan at 27.

Contemporaries age wise, but not yet in the WWF (or back in the WWF in one case): Sid Vicious/Justice (31 in 1991 when he showed up for his less than a year stint, then 35 in 1995 when he returned, but at this point HHH was already there)... Bam Bam Bigelow (32 when he returned in 1992-1993)... Mick Foley (31 in 1996) is a pretty good contemporary, but his in ring career with WW(F)E lasted about 4 years.

A close example of a person who debuted and became a main eventer in the same era might be Yokozuna (who's been dead for almost 12 years) who debuted in 1992, 2 years later, at 26. Yokozuna was also long gone in by end of summer 1996, essentially done at 30 due to size and licensing issues.

------------

The Undertaker biker character debuted in 2000, shortly after WrestleMania 16 (or WM2000). From 1996-1999 the Undertaker's character was far more dark and gothic than the mysterious man who can never be hurt from 1990-1993. Undertaker was a large part of the Attitude Era and did have the Ministry of Darkness.

Considering Undertaker held the WWF Title for 6 days in 1991, but got a run in 1997 (as the Attitude Era kicked off) and then was a focal primary main level challenger to Austin in 1998 and then got runs with the belt in 1999, I'd venture to say you don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to what "Era" he had a run in.
-Michael

Posted Image

#21 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Absolutely nothing. I don't understand why people have such a problem with you. Personally, I don't care about your lengthy show reviews/recaps/pics/quotes so I just scroll past those posts. Not a big deal to me. If people can't stand what you have to say so much they should just put you on ignore.

Have you ever considered starting a wrestling blog/writing for a pre-existing wrestling blog/or writing for one of the seemingly endless supply of wrestling websites that are popping up these days? You might find a better audience for your writing than here in CAG threads.

#22 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

As far as that "Unreleased" listing goes, I know at least the RVD/Sabu vs Hayabusa/Hakushi match is on an FMW DVD from Pioneer. Still looks like a solid lineup though.

#23 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

I wasn't feeling H/Taker too much - just too much drama and not enough story being told through the actual wrestling part.

I get that Taker put Shawn in Hell's Gate because he was thinking about ringing the bell but the announcers didn't too good of a job pointing that out (JR did mention it I believe but it was never followed up on by the other two).

They tried to redo Taker/HBK slap into the Tombstone with H doing the crotch chop before getting hit with the hammer but it also fell kinda flat for me.

Its hard to tell what Taker could have done physically since they were so focused on telling the story that they wanted to tell.

#24 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Because at this point in the thread people are talking about Wrestlemania, not ROH. ROH was brought up in pretty good detail in the other one, that was your chance but you're quite late to the party on it.

#25 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

had a great time..... ofcourse a fucking palm tree blocked some of my view of the ring which blew though

leaving the parking lot was a fucking cluster Fuck though...

oh and yea.... the 'yes' chants were fucking everywhere...seemed bryan was insanely over

1080i is for douchebags

#26 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

had a great time..... ofcourse a fucking palm tree blocked some of my view of the ring which blew though

Did your homemade Goldberg wrestling buddy get a pop though?

#27 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

:lol:

#28 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

What a definitive vote of no confidence in AmDrag at the biggest show of the year by making him job faster than SD Jones (9 seconds, my ass) in the opening title match.

Wrestlemania Fact: You could have watched Daniel Bryan job almost 23 times in the time Maria What's-Her-Face was an active participant in the same event. Fuck. Fuck.

#29 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Some Hall of Fame speeches are up on YouTube (it aired in the UK last night) - the forum is doing weird things with spoilers and media tags, so click the spoiler after each video for more. Mike Tyson, Four Horsemen and Edge's speech are below.

Mike Tyson
Spoiler

Four Horsemen
Spoiler

Edge
Spoiler

#30 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

lol