Resident Evil Racoon City SE $34.98 @ target

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#1 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

i went to my local target in Columbia MD and seen resident evil operation racoon city special edition on clearance for $34.98. guys i know that this is not the target clearance thread, but i thought that this deserved to have its own thread since the game is so new. i hope this thread does not upset all of the CAG'S. but i do hope it helps some people looking for a deal on this game.

#2 InCreDiBuLL

InCreDiBuLL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

That's awesome!

#3 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

That's awesome!

yeah dude, there was only one copy at my target so i bought it. i pre-ordered it from GS but canceled it when i herd the reviews. but i figuered its worth $35 when i seen it.

#4 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

many people posted this in the clearence thread (and can confirm it), but certainly deserves a thread.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

You seen it?

#6 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Like a month old and already on clearance? not good.

#7 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Like a month old and already on clearance? not good.

This is less indicative of the quality of the game (still wasn't very good) and more of an example of how backwards Target is with its clearance cycles.

When the standard edition is half off then you'll know there is a problem

#8 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

op or someone else able to pick it up, can you post the DPCI for it? thanks!

#9 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

SHIT, I hope my local store has a copy.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#10 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

how on earth does this game merit a special edition.

#11 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

What the hell.. ALREADY!? Well I sure am glad I canceled my pre-order too. I might check my Target and see if it's available, but if not no big deal. I bet we'll be seeing it at $20 very veeeery soon.

#12 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

This game IS fun. There are other review sites besides IGN. There are several CAGs (you know who you are) that base their own opinion on that single website.

Do you like to shooty-shooty bang-bang zombies and shit. Okay, cool, then you will like this game.

Done.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#13 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Will this game drop that quickly? I'm thinking about checking out my target but I doubt it'll have it.

#14 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Will this game drop that quickly? I'm thinking about checking out my target but I doubt it'll have it.

Eventually, but not for a bit - there is planned DLC (both free and paid). And I'm not talking about outfits or shit like that. Actual DLC missions, etc.

You could always wait for the RE:ORC Ultra Zombie Scratch-n-Sniff Edition due out this time next year. Will totes include all said DLC.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#15 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I paid full price for the SE of REORC. I was debating sending it back after the reviews, but I decided to keep it. The game is pretty awesome. Blasting zombies as an umbrella super soldier in a less arcadey more realistic version of the game is very fun. I am very glad I kept the game.

#16 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

This game sucks. That is all.

#17 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

op or someone else able to pick it up, can you post the DPCI for it? thanks!

207-22-0697

http://www.target.co...60/-/A-13962042

#18 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

This game IS fun. There are other review sites besides IGN. There are several CAGs (you know who you are) that base their own opinion on that single website.

Do you like to shooty-shooty bang-bang zombies and shit. Okay, cool, then you will like this game.

Done.

IGN are terrible with their reviews, somehow they gave Silent Hill HD a 9.0 when it's an absolute joke to the originals. I always base my opinions on the gameplay I see, and honestly my problem with Op. Racoon since the very beginning was with the lackluster feel when shooting enemies, felt like they were just eating up your bullets. Is this a big concern in the multiplayer btw?

I have no doubt in my mind I will definitely get it, but $60? Nah, I'll just happily continue playing ME3 until the price drops a bit.

Maybe they'll release an Ultimate Resident Evil: Op. Racoon City edition once I get around to actually playing it.

#19 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I had a day off yesterday and found a copy of this from my redbox and logged some time in it yesterday. Overall not a fan personally. I agree with some of the IGN review but I will admit it was a bit harsher than needed I think. The one point I fully agree with is the bullet damage inconsistency. There are times i unload a full clip into a guy and at other times 3 shot him. I also think that the boss fights in the game are unnecessarily long. It took me 20 minutes to down the nemesis, that consisted of popping out of cover shoot, unload all ammo, and go get more ammo. Not difficult just excessively long. Lastly I feel like Bertha should have her own heal ability. In multiplayer I gladly use my medisprays to heal others, but have a hard time restocking, and playing with randoms they hoard theirs. I just feel like she would be better with some sort of heal ability, over the ones that she has.

I just feel like the game is unpolished. It is fun, and their were times I had fun with it working through the campaign. Multiplayer is also were it is at not alone. I do think that the RE/Capcom name is what is keeping it from totally tanking though which is why I think IGN didn't hold back. if a new Dev released this game I am certain it would have tanked and not many would played it and less would defend it. Hopefully Capcom will keep working on this and refine it some, and hopefully it can keep a player base.

#20 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

FYI, metacritic score of 53 on ps3, definitely not just ign who disliked it.

#21 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

This is less indicative of the quality of the game (still wasn't very good) and more of an example of how backwards Target is with its clearance cycles.

When the standard edition is half off then you'll know there is a problem

Have you looked at the bottom shelf at a Target lately? It's full of CE's that have been sitting there for a long time that they'll end up selling for 75-90% off. They are much better off striking while the iron is hot and getting 50% while they can. No one is going to buy it at full price at Target right now.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#22 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

When it says "out of stock" when online looking for it in store, does that really mean they have none left? Or is it just whatever they have on floor is what's left and none in the back room?

#23 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

People were paying ~$150 for this on eBay prior to release.

#24 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Played through the story campaign and some of the multiplayer so I can honestly say this probably isn't worth $35 even if it's the SE. True it is a shooter type but it is a far cry from what purists call a Resident Evil game. There are a ton of issues with this game and the characters themselves. It also stinks that they try to force a co-op/team function but then the individual character classes are all pretty much broken. The only real team aspect is moving as a group and gang shooting the stray players that don't do this in multiplayer. This one is definitely a renter.

#25 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, I lucked out at a Target in Fenton, MI. Snagged a 360 copy of Raccoon City, looked like there were still 2 360 copies and 1 PS3 copy left. They also had the Tiger Woods 13 CE marked down, not sure how many copies they had left of that, because the electronics guy went and found it for me (wasn't with the video games or other clearance stuff).

#26 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Just called the Target in Jefferson City, MO and the copies they have are still $69.99, *sigh*

#27 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Have you looked at the bottom shelf at a Target lately? It's full of CE's that have been sitting there for a long time that they'll end up selling for 75-90% off. They are much better off striking while the iron is hot and getting 50% while they can. No one is going to buy it at full price at Target right now.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It's already been confirmed by a couple of target employees that Tiger Woods (which received good reviews) and RE:RC being on clearance was a price mistake by corporate. It is no indication of the quality of either game or whether target is trying to get as much as they can while the iron is hot.

Both games do not take up extra space like other CEs. They don't clearance out regular games that quickly. Denizens of the target clearance thread know the drill. And 90% off? You'll get 1 or 2 games a year a a local target hit that mark. It's snatched up well before that. We're lucky to see 75% off on good titles because all the resellers and soccer moms grab em at 50.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#28 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

If this had a high resell value, I'd scoop up a copy. Fortunately, none of the stores around me have a copy. Good luck finding a copy though.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#29 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hmm, looks like only one store in my area has it. I'll check by this afternoon to see if I can get a copy. Thanks OP.

The game reminded me a little bit of Lost Planet 2 in that you have to have a 4-player team regardless of whether or not anyone is playing with you; however, it looks like more fun than LP2. If nothing else, I could always easily resell it for what I paid after I beat it. :)

ach.png

#30 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Why is 80% of this thread people's opinions on the game? I don't really care about that, I want to hear if you could get it at target for 30 bucks or not lol.

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer