Photo
- - - - -

$10/$20 Best Buy GC with Pre-Order of Max Payne 3 (Rewards Members)

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#1 zyk

zyk

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

Reward zone gamers club members get a $10 GC while unlocked members get a $20 GC

Sorry if its a repost

#2 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

just a heads up, BBY can and more than likely will screw up the delivery of your gift card. for ME3, i had to call and email them, and they finally snail mailed my gift card last week.

#3 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Misleading. I knew it was too good to be true when the title said "with Pre-Order". You get the card when you buy it, but the pre-order is a prerequisite.

#4 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Possible to wait till you get the gift card then return the game?

#5 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I tried to preorder Max Payne CE for PS3 and it wouldn't let me in store at Best Buy. This was yesterday (Monday). Are they done taking preorders for the CE already?

#6 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

http://www.rockstarg...ill-launch.html

Pre-order extended until Launch for CE - Exclusive to GameStop (NA)
All other retailers deadline was yesterday i think April 2, 2012.

#7 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

They'll probably charge less for the game and charge you for the price of the giftcard so you can't do that. YMMV though.

#8 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

They'll probably charge less for the game and charge you for the price of the giftcard so you can't do that. YMMV though.

Alternatively, BBY sometimes labels items as being specifically bundled together on the receipt.

#9 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

just a heads up, BBY can and more than likely will screw up the delivery of your gift card. for ME3, i had to call and email them, and they finally snail mailed my gift card last week.

Thanks for this, I was wondering if I missed the e-mail with my $20 gift card for ME.
-Michael

Posted Image

#10 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

Reward zone gamers club members get a $10 GC while unlocked members get a $20 GC

Sorry if its a repost

A more detailed post has been already made

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318619

It's always YMMV but plenty of people including myself got the Mass Effect 3 eGC card right on time or even earlier. Just check the forum post from a while back.

They will likely take the cost of the Gift Card.

I tried to preorder Max Payne CE for PS3 and it wouldn't let me in store at Best Buy. This was yesterday (Monday). Are they done taking preorders for the CE already?

I heard that April 1st was the last day to pre-order the CE at Bestbuys.

#11 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for this, I was wondering if I missed the e-mail with my $20 gift card for ME.

Did the pre-order of ME3 online and received my gift card code in my email on the 23rd. I did call support for the DLC code that was suppose to be emailed to me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I got my ME 3 20 buck email right on time. If I wanted the game I wouldn't be scared about not getting you GC.

#13 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

A more detailed post has been already made

I heard that April 1st was the last day to pre-order the CE at Bestbuys.

That's some BS though... why announce a preorder deal like the day before you're done taking preorders for the CE?

#14 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

That's some BS though... why announce a preorder deal like the day before you're done taking preorders for the CE?

That's kinda what they did with Mass Effect 3 too. When I found out about the $20 eGC deal I went to Bestbuy the next day to pre-order the CE and they said they aren't taking anymore CE pre-orders. I don't know why they announce it so late. I would've pre-ordered ages ago if I knew about the deals. That's why I usually pre-order from Amazon. They usually announce the eGC much earlier.

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

usually CEs don't even get a GC.

I'm thinking it's just a matter of timing where they negotiate the GC with the publisher and it doesn't get finalized until well into the CE preorder cycle. And some CEs are more sought after than others. It's not a conspiracy.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#16 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

gonna be at bb tomorrow so ill check the preorder kiosk to see if they still have max payne ce preorders. my bb had preorders for me3 ce ps3 up until the week before release date.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#17 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

gonna be at bb tomorrow so ill check the preorder kiosk to see if they still have max payne ce preorders. my bb had preorders for me3 ce ps3 up until the week before release date.

I was there today to trade in some games and the kiosk still had the MP 3 CE for print out. I was using that as the preorder to bump my TIV. When he tried to ring it, the computer wouldn't allow it so I just switched to the regular edition. He tried like 3 times to ring it and even got his manager to try using that oversized preorder card that they carry for some games but no luck.

#18 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

thx for the heads up. still gonna try anyways lol.

I was there today to trade in some games and the kiosk still had the MP 3 CE for print out. I was using that as the preorder to bump my TIV. When he tried to ring it, the computer wouldn't allow it so I just switched to the regular edition. He tried like 3 times to ring it and even got his manager to try using that oversized preorder card that they carry for some games but no luck.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#19 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

how long does this $20 gift card offer last?

and what are the odds of getting a price match if they drop the game to $40 within a month? (making it a net purchase of $20 after all is said and done)
Posted Image

#20 DigitalMP

DigitalMP

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

This happened to me as well for ME 3 CE. Even though the in-store kiosk was showing it as available to pre-order, it would not let the employee ring it up. Had to result to just paying the full price online during the second round of CE pre-orders.

This was for the :360: versions as the :ps3: versions are always available until release.

#21 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

bump since this deal is still going on.

i went in store and the clerk said there was no info on this offer, is it online only?
Posted Image

#22 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

bump since this deal is still going on.

i went in store and the clerk said there was no info on this offer, is it online only?

No just make sure you have them scan your reward zone when you pre-order or you'll have to report missing points (happened to me). Here's a FAQ http://www.bestbuy.c...cat270500050000
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#23 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Here's the fine print:

┬╣To qualify for this offer, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club member, 17 or older, at time of game pickup or shipment. Game must be pre-ordered by 5/14/12. Purchase your pre-order as follows: (1) If you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 5/21/12; (2) if you pre-order the game for PC in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 6/4/12; (3) if you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/15/12; or (4) if you pre-order the game for PC online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/29/12. Please provide member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Qualified Reward Zone Gamers Club members will receive a $10 Best Buy gift card; qualified Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive a $20 Best Buy gift card. If you are not a member at time of pre-order, you must become a member by time of game pickup or shipment. If you join on the day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup. Limit one gift card per member. Offer valid in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com
. Gift card will be sent to email address provided at time of pre-order. Gift cards are good for future purchases and subject to terms and conditions available at http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050061
. No dealers. No rainchecks.

#24 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

if mass effect 3 ended up 20, you know this will. so i think to buy it now, get 40/w gc. then it goes to 40 so pm it within 30/45 days and then its 20 and flip it. freebie. hopefully
i got mass effect 3 c.e. so this didnt work for me but good for those that pulled it off.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#25 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

if mass effect 3 ended up 20, you know this will. so i think to buy it now, get 40/w gc. then it goes to 40 so pm it within 30/45 days and then its 20 and flip it. freebie. hopefully
i got mass effect 3 c.e. so this didnt work for me but good for those that pulled it off.

exactly what i did with my copy of mass effect 3 and probably will do the same thing with max payne 3 unless the multiplayer is really as good as all the critics are saying its going to be. (not much of a multiplayer gamer)
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#26 newtypex

newtypex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

It's always YMMV but plenty of people including myself got the Mass Effect 3 eGC card right on time or even earlier. Just check the forum post from a while back.

Well that's nice and all, but I still haven't gotten the ME3 gift card. I finally had to PM a mod on best buy's forum and finally a couple days ago they said they were "looking into it." I'm done with Best Buy promos. They screw up time and time again. You should not have to jump through hoops to get a measly $10 gift card email.

#27 Tardcore

Tardcore

CAG Platinum+ Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Thanks, I had forgotten about this. I had $15 bucks in BBY credit card points, so that knocks it to about $47 plus the $10 gift card which makes it $37 for me.

#28 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

I need to get in on this deal, I really want to play Max Payne 3.

#29 Dabears34

Dabears34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

I did this for ME3 got $20 gift card via email then price matched ME3 at gamestop($39.99) and ended up paying $20 bucks for on release day for ME3 :)

#30 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

So if I already have this pre ordered (this past weekend) do I still get it or is it for all pre orders from here on?