Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, today announced Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system via PlayStation®Network.
Set to release spring of 2012, Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates, making it the premiere pinball platform on any digital distribution network. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free. All told, Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six pinball tables!
Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge. Zen Pinball 2 will release in conjunction with Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, a new four-table pack featuring tables based on ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ Movie, ‘World War Hulk,’ ‘Fear Itself,’ and ‘The Infinity Gauntlet.’
Please visit the Zen Studios press site to download the Zen Pinball 2 announcement trailer http://zenpinball.com/press.html
“We are so excited about the future of videogame pinball, and Zen Pinball 2 is the most advanced pinball platform available on any digital network. We are happy to upgrade physics, provide new trophies and introduce compelling new social features and more to all of our existing players at no charge,” said Mel Kirk, Zen Studios Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “We have really focused on keeping the community intact, offering compelling new features and connecting the cross-platform experience between the PlayStation®3 and the PlayStation®Vita.”
When Zen Pinball 2 releases, existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners will simply download an update and their content will automatically import into the new Zen Pinball 2 platform. Each table will receive updated physics, new trophies and integration into a new social system that includes the option to post scores to Facebook.
Zen Pinball 2 list of features:
- PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheets to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table
Zen Pinball 2 will be a free download for any PlayStatation®Network user on the PlayStation®3 system and the PlayStation®Vita system, and will ship with a robust trial system allowing the player to sample each table in the game.
Zen Studios has posted an FAQ on their forums:
1. How do I get the free Zen Pinball 2 upgrade?
Simply download Zen Pinball 2 from the PlayStation Store when it releases, and all of your Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be unlocked within Zen Pinball 2.
2. I’m AMAZING at Zen Pinball! What about my trophies and scores? What happens to them?
All of your old Zen Pinball scores and trophies will remain intact. However, they will not carry over to the new platform.
3. What will happen to Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball? Where will all my tables go?
Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball will remain on your PS3 as is. All of your Zen Pinball and Marvel tables will also show up in Zen Pinball 2 under one roof and totally updated. All tables will also be available on the PS Vita as well! You only have to purchase them once and you get them on PS3 and Vita.
4. Do I have to post scores to Facebook?
You don’t have to if you don’t want to. This feature is optional.
5. Can I play it on the Vita with the screen held vertically in portrait mode?
Yes! That is one of the best parts of playing on the Vita! Go for it!
6. Can I remap the controls?
Yes! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper). You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well. The default control for the flippers is the two shoulder buttons.
7. Can I play my own music while I play Zen Pinball 2?
8. I am a PS+ subscriber and I have bought tables through PS+, will I lose those tables?
Of course not! All tables will transfer over to the new platform with updated physics.
9. Wait!! I haven’t bought all the tables from Zen Pinball yet! Can I still do that on ZP2?
Yes! Please do!
10. I don’t have Zen Pinball, just Marvel Pinball. How does Zen Pinball 2 affect me?
You still get the upgrade for free! ZP2 is bringing all the Marvel Tables and Zen Pinball tables together with playable demos for each table, so if you do not yet have any tables from Zen Studios, it’s time to check them out!
11. Should I delete Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball after I update to ZP2?
That’s up to you. You don’t need to. If you’d like to keep your old scores and trophies, don’t delete them.
12. I would love to show my friends how awesome I am at pinball. What about multiplayer?
There will be local split screen multiplayer available on ZP2 for the PS3, and online multiplayer that allow you to set parameters for a game such as what score to play to and ball loss penalties.
13. WHEN does Zen Pinball 2 release?
We are hoping to have Zen Pinball 2 out in May!
14. I live in Europe! When do I get to play?
Zen Pinball 2 will release in Europe and North America during the same week.
15. Are there any new tables coming to Zen Pinball 2?
Yes! Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles will release with Zen Pinball 2. This new four table pack includes World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, and Marvel’s The Avengers, based on the new movie from Marvel Entertainment.
16. Will there be DLC for Zen Pinball 2?
Of course! We will be supporting Zen Pinball 2 with regular DLC updates!
Edited by FriskyTanuki, 18 April 2012 - 08:04 PM.