PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $82.99 + Free S&H @ Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Decent drop in price: PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $82.99 + Free S&H @ Buy.com

Thanks to CAG "Vader582" for the tip.

Edited by AwRy108, 14 April 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#2 pummy84

pummy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

So the price starts to drop. Wonder how long it's going to take for this size to get back down to what Circuit City/Tiger Direct accidentally priced it at that one time...

#3 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I've got two sticks, a 4gb and 8gb. So far I've used the 8gb for psn downloads and the 4gb for retail game saves and dlc. What has been bothering me is that when I switch memory sticks the game and app icons get all screwed up and misplace and then I have to put them back where I want them. Is there a solution to this (other than buying a bigger stick)?

#4 darkchild81

darkchild81

One Tough Puppy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I figured that the 4gb card I got on day one would only hold me over a month or so until I bought a bigger one. But now I'm totally content with the small card. Currently my 4gb card contains:

Super Stardust Delta
Lumines
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Motorstorm RC
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Ys Seven (PSP)
Carnivores (Mini)
Netflix (App)
Twitter (App)

Not to mention a few pics for wallpapers.
I have 100's of hours of games on the smallest card. So if you're smart about what games you put on your card, you might be surprised how well it works out.

That being said, I will eventually get a 32gb card. :)

#5 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

If people don't want it at that price point that's fine. Just don't justify why you want to wait and don't bitch about the price. the OP posted a deal and that's what this is about, a deal on a card. 'NUFF said.

#6 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Unless you're only going to buy games on PSN and want to have all of them with you for whatever reason, a 32 GB card is pointless. I have a 8GB card and will probably never upgrade. Right now, I have Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy IV, Motorstorm RC: Vita, the three AR games, and a couple of demos on it. I'm trying to focus on just one or two games at a time and when I finish one, I'll delete it and load another game up.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7 enforcer2003

enforcer2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Here, I'll even post a link to the PSP/Vita discussion forum.

http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=32

If people want to talk about the retail price of these cards, or how badly Sony fucked up the Vita or whatever, please take your grievances there.

#8 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

Just an FYI:
Buy.com currently has this card for $82.99 w/ FS.

#9 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Just an FYI:
Buy.com currently has this card for $82.99 w/ FS.

Edited OP. Thanks!

#10 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Thanks OP! Just bought 3. Two to use and one extra just in case I lose one.

#11 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

regardless of everyone complaining n blowin up this deal i did mange to get one since i paid little to nothin for my vita this was an okay deal better than payin 100+

#12 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Uhhh staying out of the shitstorm in this topic...

Having the 32 GB card is nice. I had a PSP with a 4gb card for the longest time and it always irritated me that I could not take all the games that i wanted on trips and such. When I bought a VIta I went ahead and sprung for this card as well. Very convenient for those that have a lot of games.

According to SD, Buy.com has a $10 coupon for new customers, but it comes up as an affiliate coupon, so I'm not sure how kosher it is to post such things here. i'm sure you can find the coupon with a google search if you are looking to cash in on the deal.

#13 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

According to SD, Buy.com has a $10 coupon for new customers, but it comes up as an affiliate coupon, so I'm not sure how kosher it is to post such things here. i'm sure you can find the coupon with a google search if you are looking to cash in on the deal.

If true, that's a very nice find!

Edited by shrike4242, 16 April 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#14 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

If true, that's a very nice find!

Well, I'll post it and a mod can just delete it if there is something wrong with it, but it's definitely legit. Further it works with all electronics purchases over $50.

http://www.buy.com/r...prid=89435668&

#15 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Uhhh staying out of the shitstorm in this topic...

Having the 32 GB card is nice. I had a PSP with a 4gb card for the longest time and it always irritated me that I could not take all the games that i wanted on trips and such. When I bought a VIta I went ahead and sprung for this card as well. Very convenient for those that have a lot of games.

Totally agree with you here on the memory card size. I thought my 8gb would last but with 5 Vita games and my PSP library i quickly ran out of space. If i wanted to use the Vita for music and movies as well 8gb would have been worthless. My 32gb is great now.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#16 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

except it is fact sony has had some trouble lately as was pointed out.

You certainly live up to your namesake. College dropout indeed (that's not a compliment btw).
So you admit to vomiting crap all over this thread, except for that one fact? Good.

#17 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Interesting...I wouldn't know. But if that's true, then any reasonable person should be disgusted that Sony is making us pay for their mission to make more money.

And if it's true, then Sony and their vita devs would make more money, right? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to give then out at an affordable price, or even free?

Also, them not putting a measly 250mb internal storage for save files or allowing saves to live on cartridge as well- requiring us to buy one just for that simple purpose - leads me to believe it's purely for additional revenue and nothing more.

This anti piracy thing is nothing more than a cheap cop-out justification

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying but hacking and piracy issues did actually hurt the PSP. Not so much as it did with the Dreamcast but enough to have an effect on developer support

#18 sbains

sbains

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Worth getting ... I got mine for $70 off a Sony employee, now going to sell my 8GB that was packaged with my system ... you know your going to need the space

#19 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Worth getting ... I got mine for $70 off a Sony employee, now going to sell my 8GB that was packaged with my system ... you know your going to need the space

You can get this for 72.99 if you use the coupon I posted earlier, so it's a pretty good deal. It's just too bad this thread has devolved into argument over Sony's business practices.

There are a couple of posters on here that seem to think this is GameFAQs.

#20 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

This seems like a good deal for those of you who still have your PSP.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab0ef578c

or this

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d000b201f

So this adapter works?

I am about to bite

Class 2 is not going to be a problem with games?

#21 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Gotta love all the overly defensive early adopters, trying to justify their purchase to everyone else. Sony IS screwing you, no two ways about it. Charging almost 100 dollars for 32 gigabytes of flash memory is outrageous. The fact that sony intentionally designed this thing with absolutely no internal storage in todays market is obscene. If you honestly believe that sony isn't trying to take advantage of its customers, by using a completely new format of memory stick, which seemingly offer no clear advantage over previous versions (just a new plastic casing, which they "coincidentally" did for the pspgo as well), then you are fucking delusional. These new memory sticks aren't going to keep people from hacking their psp's. Give people a reason to constantly connect to your store, have great sales, keep people playing online with their friends AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. This is how you keep people from running custom firmware and pirating your games. Not blowing a bunch of proprietary bullshit formats up consumers asses, all the while deluding morons into believing they do it for copyright protection....

THIS!

I love how people telling ppl complaining about high prices to shut up...on a site that promotes being cheap!

If you don't think the memory cards over priced then then u arent cheap (just stupid) so therefore why do u visit this site, or even this thread for that matter?

http://www.youtube.c...fDxxWIsM#t=293s

ya'll $$$$as need to get out from your poor bitchass cardboards and write Chaddaddy up cause he is willing to give ya'll $$$$as money just to shut the hell up :lol:

#22 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Bought one. Choose free shipping (5-8 business days) so that I will have a couple of days to buy my Vita. I should get my memory stick the same day I by my Vita so it will all work out, lol.

Thanks!