GameCrazy (through Amazon): DS and Wii Gremlins bundles

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

So, I accidentally found that GameCrazy is apparently back, in some sense. Their store is just a "Black Friday 2011" page and it looks like they're at least in some sense associated with NECA. But they do have a blog, a twitter handle, facebook and google+ pages, and a bunch of links to articles on other websites.

Anyway, their store (which when you click the links just goes to Amazon) has some bundles with the Gremlins DS and Wii games. I have no idea how these games are, but what's interesting is what comes with them. All bundles are $29.99.

There is a Wii and DS version of each of the bundles:

-Set of three motorized Gizmo toys (Gizmo in box, Gizmo in car, Gizmo walking)
-Ornamental Gizmo hang-on
-Gizmo plushie

here's the link if anyone's interested: http://gamecrazy.com...k-friday-2011/#

Edited by Drclaw411, 15 April 2012 - 04:25 AM.

WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

I wonder if someone just figured 'eh no one's using this name now so I'll just take it' or they actually paid the former owners like I believe Tiger Direct/Systemax did for both the CompUSA and Circuit City names.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

i'd bet it's paid for. same people own the hollywood video website and they've put enough effort into both that i'm sure they did it right.

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

i'd bet it's paid for. same people own the hollywood video website and they've put enough effort into both that i'm sure they did it right.

Someone affiliated with NECA owns MovieGallery.com and its sub sites (HollywoodVideo, SideReel and GameCrazy) and relaunched them last summer or so. It's not someone that used to be associated with the company. GameCrazy is not back in any form or fashion. They're just piggybacking on the success of the name.

#5 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

I know it's a long shot, but has anybody by any random chance bought any of these bundles, or gotten the bonus items somewhere? I'm more interested in the items than the games themselves but I'd like to know about the quality of the things.

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

I know it's a long shot, but has anybody by any random chance bought any of these bundles, or gotten the bonus items somewhere? I'm more interested in the items than the games themselves but I'd like to know about the quality of the things.

Hastings has Gremlins bundles w/ the stuffed animals, but the other things are made by NECA, so they're the only ones with them on Amazon.

#7 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

as a former game crazy employee, and one who stayed until the very end of the stores demise. i approve this thread. too bad i dont wanna pay $30 for Gizmo stuff in the year 2012 since.. you know.. gremlins 2 came out 22 years ago and probably havent watched a gremlins movie in at least 15-20 years... a little late I think.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
Dishonored

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: Bravely Default

#8 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

as a former game crazy employee, and one who stayed until the very end of the stores demise. i approve this thread. too bad i dont wanna pay $30 for Gizmo stuff in the year 2012 since.. you know.. gremlins 2 came out 22 years ago and probably havent watched a gremlins movie in at least 15-20 years... a little late I think.

Me too man. I left right before the store closed though. I couldn't work three jobs at the time, and go to school. It was just too much for me. I miss that place though. I found this while reading an article recently.

Game Crazy Photo

Edited by CheapAssHustla, 15 April 2012 - 07:42 AM.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#9 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

I miss game crazy, I don't know why but I always liked going there better than gamestop.

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#10 czissis

czissis

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Gamecrazy was great. They actually had decent deals sometimes, carried some older stuff and the employees were helpful. It's a shame they went under.

#11 loc0bob

loc0bob

Free Tim Lambesis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have a feeling this thread is gonna be more based towards people's gamecrazy memories rather than the gremlins deal. I too miss gamecrazy because even though 75% of the time they didn't have the greatest deals, there was always that 25% that they gave you some awesome deals.

On topic, I also believe a Gremlins game is way too late but Id pay 5 bucks for it for nostalgia and a gizmo plush!

#12 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Gremlins is sold old, I cant believe Gizmo is still around, haha... love that little guy.
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air

#13 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Gremlins is sold old, I cant believe Gizmo is still around, haha... love that little guy.

still showing in stock for me

#14 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Me too man. I left right before the store closed though. I couldn't work three jobs at the time, and go to school. It was just too much for me. I miss that place though. I found this while reading an article recently.

Game Crazy Photo

Man... that register sign really adds some emotion to that image.

As much as I hate to admit it, I avoided GC for a long time because their selection sucked and their sales sucked compared to GS. But just before they announced that they're closing up shop, I started to get the benefits of just having a B&M game store competitor around to challenge GS and the local mom & pop places (which rob you worse than GS).

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#15 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, I avoided GC for a long time because their selection sucked and their sales sucked compared to GS. But just before they announced that they're closing up shop, I started to get the benefits of just having a B&M game store competitor around to challenge GS and the local mom & pop places (which rob you worse than GS).

The good thing about Mom and Pop places though is that you'll find things there you'd never find in a corporate game store. This place that used to be around here had a ROB and an entire section of Atari stuff. They even sold old ass kiosks for genesis and what not. But yes, they were rather pricey.

#16 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Seriously? They had vintage stuff forever, and when they slowly stopped carrying it, the "Classic Plastic" 3-for-$10 deals are what got me back into gaming as I filled in my budding collection some games that I had either missed or lost over time. They pricematched sale prices and trade-in values. I miss my GameCrazy stores, they beat GS any day of the week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

still showing in stock for me

I think they meant to say that it's so old of a movie versus what they did say.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#18 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I miss gamecrazy. That disc resurfacing machine was great and five free resurfaces for the cost of a membership? Fantastic. I had like 50 discs resurfaced there total. Now I have no place to go to get my shit resurfaced.

Plus they let me take manuals and disc inserts for my own collection.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#19 alihoopz43

alihoopz43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

AHH GAMECRAZY!!!! I missed you! >_<

#20 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I miss game crazy, I don't know why but I always liked going there better than gamestop.

I like going anywhere better than GameStop

#21 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

The good thing about Mom and Pop places though is that you'll find things there you'd never find in a corporate game store. This place that used to be around here had a ROB and an entire section of Atari stuff. They even sold old ass kiosks for genesis and what not. But yes, they were rather pricey.

The mom & pop places here are really hit or miss. There's a DiscReplay, which I like, but most of their selection is movies. Then there's another place that blows hard. They have an awesome selection and lots of old school stuff but their prices are asinine ($80 for a disc only Albert Odyssey). Plus, they BS their reviews on Google. Every single negative review disappears and yet, the positives keep pouring in for things like "great prices", which I know is probably the owner inflating his score.

Seriously? They had vintage stuff forever, and when they slowly stopped carrying it, the "Classic Plastic" 3-for-$10 deals are what got me back into gaming as I filled in my budding collection some games that I had either missed or lost over time. They pricematched sale prices and trade-in values. I miss my GameCrazy stores, they beat GS any day of the week.

Classic plastic sucked for me since I only cared for PS1 games back then. I remember when they first started it, my brother got quite a few good deals some SNES and N64 games. But the selections with classic games were never that good around here.

But I never knew that they PM'd sales and trade in prices. In fact, I remember once asking if they would match GS's B2G1F sale (they had all 3 SMT games, back when they were rare, but priced at $60-70 each) and they said no.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#22 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I used to have 6 game crazy on route between work and home. In terms of customer service, I have never had a single positive experience with them. Not saying I love GS, but on average, I had better experience buying from them than I ever did with GC. I really do not think it is the store brand but rather the employees that makes the store good or bad.
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!