Tales of graces F

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 CH82

CH82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

How long do you guys figure before we see a price cut for this title. I'd like to pick it up but 59 is a bit much considering the downward price pressure these days.

#2 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Well, the price history on Vesperia is a good thing to note. IIRC it ran something like:
It released at full price, and mostly soldout. There were a handful of sales it could be had at, like the usual Bestbuy 10% off sales and such. When soldout the used market dipped down to maybe $40-$50, and stuck there. After a long time of being soldout Namdai gave into the fan demand and tossed out a second printing @ $20, at which point the used value naturally tanked.

So yeah, YMMV on Namdai actually tossing out reprints. If you want a new copy it's a gamble to wait for a signifigant price cut, it may never come.
Posted Image

#3 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

IDK this one had alot more stores it was released at including bestbuy and fs. Its possible it could eventually go clearance.

#4 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I feel bad waiting to a price drop this game; JRPGs are getting slammed these days and I'd love to support them mope enthusiastically. Alas, I'm super poor so I gotta cheap out on this. I'm holding out till the 20 mark myself.

#5 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm holding for a 40 mark myself . 60 I always regret spending on a game.

#6 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I think the newegg $48 pre-order deal was pretty bitchin'. It's too bad you missed out on that.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#7 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

If they had done the fancy steelbook like w vesperia I'd have bought it at launch.

#8 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

IDK this one had alot more stores it was released at including bestbuy and fs. Its possible it could eventually go clearance.

I was surprised to see Graces f and Abyss 3DS at Walmart. Mainly because the website didn't list Walmart as a retailer. But then again, I also saw Vesperia at Walmart back then.

#9 Gold_guardian

Gold_guardian

Protector of Wallets

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I'm going to blame you guys if we don't get Xilla now! If their is one game series to not cheap out on it's Tales...

Given how low the print run was on this you might honestly be better off not waiting.

#10 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

We get so few of the Tales games localized that I'm giving them my money just so the others can see the light of day in the West.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#11 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

eh I bought xenoblade instead. I regret buying it.

#12 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

If they had done the fancy steelbook like w vesperia I'd have bought it at launch.

+1, I still have my Vesperia steelbook that's now ultra rare.

#13 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I was trying to wait for at least a small discount, but it showed up in my Amazon quick picks for $56.xx so I just bit the bullet and ordered it.

It's the first Tales game I've played and I'm loving it so far.

#14 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

You can get it for $49.99 if you use that best buy reward zones coupon that's going around.

#15 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Also Bandai Namco has lost all their tales love for me when they didn't release the bulk of their PS2 releases and are picky choosy and what Tales games come here that no matter how well they sell or are reviewed (symphonia) the series won't be released in its full in english.

I am bitter that I can't play Tales of Destiny Remake and Tales of Destiny 2 among many others.

So I'll grab it when it's 40 or less.

#16 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

symphonia i heard was cause of the fact that the script belongs to nintendo and they definitely don't want to have to redo the script just so they can do the ps2 port.

the other ps2 tales were probably related to SCEA's fairly restrictive rules on what games would be localized or not.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#17 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

You could have gotten it for $40 on day one by preordering at gamestop and selling the DLC code for $25

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#18 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

No I meant that after symphonia did well they didn't release any extra tales games in US/Canada

#19 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

http://www.game.co.u...tales of graces

Tales of Graces F Special Edition announced for UK
I think this is cheapest price at around $70 shipped approximately.

The Tales of Graces F Special Edition includes:

- The Original Soundtrack
- Behind the Scenes Videos
- High quality hardback art book
- Newly designed folded box
- Special in-game content is also included with original costumes from Tales of Destiny 2 and a custom PlayStation 3 theme (European PSN dlc)

If you've been holding out, this is a fairly standard Special Edition for $10 more than regular. and it comes with the alternate art cover.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#20 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

That's not a bad deal, anyone have experience ordering from these guys?
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#21 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

T_T So jealous right now. I beat Graces f a few weeks ago and loved it, but I'm not sure if I should double dip. I really want that artbook. :/
Posted Image

#22 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

I'm planning to sell my copy when this one arrives. At the very least you'll offset some of the price. I figure I can get at least $40 out of it.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#23 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hmmm. I've never sold any of my games before. I get attached to objects, I don't think I could sell it lol. It's only a matter of time until I give in and order the special edition, but I don't know from which online shop yet.

Posted Image

#24 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

It's also on zavvi for £34.85 + £0.99 shipping, which comes out to around $58. I've heard mixed reports about their packaging on limited editions, though.
Posted Image

#25 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Last time I ordered the Demon Souls Phantom Edition off of them and the box came in a bubble mailer and dinged around the edges. Just a heads up.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#26 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Are these the same trophies as the US version? I'd play it again for another plat =P

#27 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

is it region free to play?

#28 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

is it region free to play?

PS3 games don't have region locks.

#29 TidalDreams

TidalDreams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

I received a unique £3 off £30 code from The Hut that worked on Tales of Graces f. Check your emails, as I believe the 10% off codes they sometimes send don't work on preorders.

#30 wing00

wing00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Does Zavvi charge once an item ships or do they charge right after you made your order? Thanks in advance.