BB-Rayman origins (360, ps3, wii) $19.99

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Rayman origins is down to 20$ at least online and probably in store. Don't miss the best 2d platformer of this generation.
http://m.bestbuy.ca/...2097&lang=en-CA (sorry about the single mobile link, on my phone)

#2 DMPugh

DMPugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Nice, thanks! Now I need to figure out which version to get: PS3 or 360...

#3 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Get the 360 version--better audio.

http://forums.ubi.co...-for-PS3-Forums

#4 TOLeafs

TOLeafs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thanks OP. Here are the actual links.

Wii version:
http://www.bestbuy.c...a670c62f19cen02

Xbox 360:
http://www.bestbuy.c...ed28e42070aen02

PS3:
http://www.bestbuy.c...34b647444a5en02

#5 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Get the 360 version--better audio.

http://forums.ubi.co...-for-PS3-Forums

It's already been proven that there's no multichannel effects in either version, stop fearmongering. It's a 2D platformer.

#6 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I've been waiting for this magical price! I had my eyes set on the PS3 version since I prefer the d-pad, but I just bought one of those silver 360 controllers for Fez so I might jump in on 360. Are there load times?

#7 DMPugh

DMPugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't have a 5.1 setup anyway.

I went for the PS3 version because I prefer that controller for 2D games.

#8 Variation

Variation

The Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

AMAZING game...please pick it up!

#9 1_blue_pixel

1_blue_pixel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Nice. Was wondering when the price would drop. Thanks for the heads-up!

#10 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks OP! $19.99 was my price point requirement for this game.

#11 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

It's already been proven that there's no multichannel effects in either version, stop fearmongering. It's a 2D platformer.

I'm guessing you only own a PS3 with such a vitriol response.

I went to the trouble of digging up a link for something I'd only heard about in the peripheral. You come at me and accuse me of fearmongering (sic) without backing up your claim.

Please do so. (if they are identical I'd rather own the PS3 version)

Oh, and because it's only a 2D platformer, you might as well buy the Wii version, right?

(The level of discourse on CAG used to be...higher.)

*sigh*

#12 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oh, and because it's only a 2D platformer, you might as well buy the Wii version, right?

I know you're being sarcastic, but it bears pointing out that the game looks INCREDIBLE and it full 1080p (at least on PS3), so unless you only have a Wii don't get it on Wii. I've only got TV speakers going but it sounded great to me.

#13 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm guessing you only own a PS3 with such a vitriol response.

I went to the trouble of digging up a link for something I'd only heard about in the peripheral. You come at me and accuse me of fearmongering (sic) without backing up your claim.

Please do so. (if they are identical I'd rather own the PS3 version)

(The level of discourse on CAG used to be...higher.)

*sigh*

I did hear the audio issue for the ps3 version. I have a full fledged 5.1 sound set-up and even though it's a 2d platformer it may have some neat ambient effects in the rear-channels.
Though the very fact that the PS3 version doesn't even include support implies the dev's didn't care about which implies that they probably didn't bother to put in any great ambient effects (if any at all).
I'll still get it for PS3 because the dpad is so good for 2d games.

#14 squirrelmaster

squirrelmaster

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

EDIT* There is no surround sound of any sort as far as I can tell. Ubisoft gimped the PS3 version as far as I can tell. Kinda pisses me off, I was planning to buy it for the 3DS because I like the game that much but Ubisoft can shove it just for the fact that they tried to pull a fast one and removed everything DTS related right before launch.

Sound aside however this is one of the best games I own and I have over 50 PS3 games. IGN had a glowing review (9/10) that sums up my thoughts of the game, but if you have both consoles 360 version is the way to go for sure.

Edited by squirrelmaster, 17 April 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#15 Aquablak

Aquablak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Do we know if this is a sale or if this is the new regular price?

#16 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

It MIGHT be the regular price. Nowhere does it indicate that it's on sale. But who knows.

#17 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

thanks been waiting for it to drop again.. PM at WM.. ya'll think it might go on sale form $20.. cause i got backlog. i can wait.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#18 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

i DO in fact have a ps3, as well as a wii, and an xbox 360. none of the 3 systems actually make use of ANYTHING other than the left and right channels. I have played all 3 versions, there is no discernible difference in the sound whatsoever.

#19 squirrelmaster

squirrelmaster

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

i DO in fact have a ps3, as well as a wii, and an xbox 360. none of the 3 systems actually make use of ANYTHING other than the left and right channels. I have played all 3 versions, there is no discernible difference in the sound whatsoever.

Hmm that's interesting, to hear it from someone who has played all versions it definetely changes my mind on buying it for the 3DS. Thanks for the info.

#20 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

that's my price right there, THANKS. PS3 or 360? I have both and a rather basic HDTV set.

#21 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

that's my price right there, THANKS. PS3 or 360? I have both and a rather basic HDTV set.

PS3 has by far the better dpad of the two, if those things matter to you.

#22 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

yes I much prefer the PS3 d-pad. both do 1080p in this case right?

#23 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

curious.. how have you played all three versions?

not that it matters to me
Spoiler

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#24 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

curious.. how have you played all three versions?

not that it matters to me

Spoiler

Holy hell! I think we have the winner of the cheapest CAG of all time! Someone still running an SD setup!

#25 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Oh and after reading through the topic that stated the PS3 version had worse sound; it turns out not to be the case. The ps3 version supports lossless 7.1 PCM through HDMI, which is essentially the very best possible sound out of any format commercially available. The only downside is it does NOT have a DD 5.1, and the sheer amount of data in a 7.1 PCM cannot fit through an optical cable so unless you are running a high end receiver that takes an HDMI input you are stuck with stereo.
So the PS3 version has the best sound and the lower level sound but no middle ground sound support. While the 360 version has low and middle end sound support.

#26 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thanks--will pick up the PS3 version 2morrow!

#27 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Holy hell! I think we have the winner of the cheapest CAG of all time! Someone still running an SD setup!

Keep on rock'n SD brotha. SD-CRT still has life in it (though playing Dead Rising was impossible)!

#28 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

I'm particularly proud of my switch on top.
Spoiler
We have a bigger CRT downstairs but my sister likes to watch wedding shows and I have no patience for that. So while I do have a problem with my sides being cut on this TV the big problems I've had are Mass Effect 2 Demo, Amalur Demo, SkullGirls Demo. I haven't finished it by any means but DeadSpace was actually pretty playable when I played the demo.. disc is still sealed. If you want to see an HD game that looks gorgeous even on my TV I highly recommend Eufloria (PSN). I've never seen text so large, clear and high contrast to it's background.

Spring Fever was the worst headache because like many PS3 Themes it has white text on light pastel background. I have to wonder if even in HD it's hard to read.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#29 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

I'm particularly proud of my switch on top.

Spoiler
We have a bigger CRT downstairs but my sister likes to watch wedding shows and I have no patience for that. So while I do have a problem with my sides being cut on this TV the big problems I've had are Mass Effect 2 Demo, Amalur Demo, SkullGirls Demo. I haven't finished it by any means but DeadSpace was actually pretty playable when I played the demo.. disc is still sealed. If you want to see an HD game that looks gorgeous even on my TV I highly recommend Eufloria (PSN). I've never seen text so large, clear and high contrast to it's background.

Spring Fever was the worst headache because like many PS3 Themes it has white text on light pastel background. I have to wonder if even in HD it's hard to read.

I feel like we all need to pool our funds and get you a new tv.

#30 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hmm...yet the same game is $40 on PS vita...

Which is the version I would like to buy but there is no way for that price
Posted Image